transportation

kimrn87

How difficult is it to use the disney transportation to the parks? We usually drive or rent a car, but I am trying to save money and not get a rental car for the whole time.

mrtoad

Originally posted by Invero
Efficient, YES! However, I don't even want to guess at how many groups would be separated, or PO'ed that we didnt hold the train for them. As it stands now, I got AWFUL responses when I would cut off the line...

If I remember you also drive or drove a Disney bus too, correct?

If so correct me if i am wrong. Sometimes you get a talkative bus driver (which is nice). Last trip we had one who said that the WDW buses do about 250,000 miles each per year. I think that was the figure he gave. Does that sound right?

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by mrtoad
If I remember you also drive or drove a Disney bus too, correct?

If so correct me if i am wrong. Sometimes you get a talkative bus driver (which is nice). Last trip we had one who said that the WDW buses do about 250,000 miles each per year. I think that was the figure he gave. Does that sound right?

That's a bit much... I'd say more on 90-100k per year would be more accurate. Some of our oldest buses have over 2 million miles on the odometer, and the majority of the newer RTS's are approaching or have passed the 1 million mark right now...

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Originally posted by Invero
That's a bit much... I'd say more on 90-100k per year would be more accurate. Some of our oldest buses have over 2 million miles on the odometer, and the majority of the newer RTS's are approaching or have passed the 1 million mark right now...

Thanks for the reply. Either way, that is a boat load of miles per year.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I had one bus driver this past year get everyone, and him on his microphone, sing Happy Birthday to me and then we all sang Jingle Bells and the bus driver knew every single verse (or he made up words and it fit) but it was so fun and a great way to get to MGM from Carib Beach.

Talkative bus drivers ROCK!! Thank you all.:xmas:

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Indeed. Was this guy a guy named Dave, in his 50's , with a comedic deadpan voice?

Either way, i'll take the occasional hassle of dealing with busses and unruley passengers over the hasle of dealing with parking my own car, finding a spot (ever try finding a spot at PI on a thursday!?) and dealing with all the hassles that entail a car rental.

Disney transit is, if anything, convienent. Its a lot better than people think.

That and if you rent a car, youre not dropped off at the TTC, youre at teh park gate. On a busy day, you can have a backup on the monorail, and be stuck waiting for a bit (i heard a horror story from last spring break by a local radio dj) while instead you could have avoided that mess and gotten right in.

This being said, next time instead of mears from the airport, i'll hire a limo or a car.

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
Originally posted by mrtoad
But then you need to get to your car which could be way out in the middle of nowhere and also coming into the parks you might have to wait in a line.
We have never had to wait in line to enter a park,and there are ways of parking close in a park parking lot:lol: havent parked in the magic kingdom lot since 75 who needs it?

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wdwfan65
We have never had to wait in line to enter a park,and there are ways of parking close in a park parking lot:lol: havent parked in the magic kingdom lot since 75 who needs it?

If a person carries a bag into the parks...they will need to wait in the "Security Bag Check" line. During park openings at peak times...lines at the turnstyles back up...(especially noticeable at the Animal Kingdom).

Upvote 0

Erika

I'm not sure what special method you have, but you better be darn glad the rest of the guests don't follow suit. Instead of bragging about it, keep your mouth shut or you may find some VERY long lines.

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
I was refuring to waiting in line to enter the parking lots,yes there are lines now at the turnstyles with the security checks,so we dont bring anything but a camera.Anyway Ive been to WDW every year since 1971 you learn a few things,maybe you dont are you the one with the shoe in your mouth?:lol: Had to come back with some reply for you telling me to shut up:lol:

Upvote 0

Erika

I was refuring to waiting in line to enter the parking lots,yes there are lines now at the turnstyles with the security checks,so we dont bring anything but a camera.Anyway Ive been to WDW every year since 1971 you learn a few things,maybe you dont are you the one with the shoe in your mouth?:lol: Had to come back with some reply for you telling me to shut up:lol:

I did not tell you to shut up. Talking about whatever super-cool parking method you have is going to make people curious, and if they start to follow your system you'll be waiting in long CAR lines like the rest of the drivers. See, here is my quote:

"...you better be darn glad the rest of the guests don't follow suit. Instead of bragging about it, keep your mouth shut or you may find some VERY long lines."

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Erika
I did not tell you to shut up. Talking about whatever super-cool parking method you have is going to make people curious, and if they start to follow your system you'll be waiting in long CAR lines like the rest of the drivers. See, here is my quote:

"...you better be darn glad the rest of the guests don't follow suit. Instead of bragging about it, keep your mouth shut or you may find some VERY long lines."

Shut Up! :drevil:

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
Erica go ahead and do things the hard way take a limo from the airport ,stop at Walmart buy a fridge for your milk ,take a bus to the parks and have fun and stay out of my way and we will all be happy:sohappy:

Upvote 0

niteobsrvr

I would like to personally thank you for contributing to the higer rates that everyone has to pay at Disney World and pretty much anywhere else that you visit and find someway to circumvent the systems and procedures. Finding a way not to pay for parking or anything else is akin to theft. The price you didn't pay is passed on to all of the other guests, who did the right thing, in the way of higher prices.

Likewise, thanks for not paying the appropriate parking fee so that pay increases for cast members over the years are kept low.

People who think what they are doing does not hurt anyone else are extremely selfish. I am sure you arent the only one doing this because where there is one there are usually many. Its just unfortunate.

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Are you done crying now?I park for free because Im a Disney resort guest.:lol: just give up and go on with your lives:sohappy:

:lol: :sohappy: I love when those smileys are used sarcastically! It's so wonderful!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom