transit authority?????

Passport

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Is this NEW??? I was there in March and it was still broken!!! Somebody actually did something with that model?!?!?! AWESOME! Good to see that they tend to even the smallest details. (even if it does take years) :)

I just rode it last week and the little monorail looked like it was driving off the track. And did anyone ever notice how many churches there are? I think there are 4 or 5.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Monorail_Green
(if you look closely around Tomorrowland today, you can still notice a couple tracks that have the blue/white highrises around the land.)

Also, another noticable difference is the soundtrack: today, your voice guide is a robotic voice ('tomorrowland transit authority metroliner nonstop now departing rocketower plaza....'). Before, it was hosted by a comical, light-hearted character.

the part of the track that goes over the railroad is still blue/white as well only where the train is smoking when it goes under, there are some fairly major black stains on the outer wall(s).

i LOVE the robotic voice! ("now approaching the intergalactic planetary convention center...") it's so much cooler than the other host. and for some reason the robotic voice is somewhat soothing to me.

i hope it'll be a LONG time before they decided to change anything about TTA again! it's one of my all time fave rides! just one of those rides that i can ride over and over again and never ever get tired of!

WDWFREAK53

Am I right here???

Did the same person do the voice of the "Commuter Computer" and Jiminy Cricket?

They just sounded very similar.

Oh yeah, and those "black stains" where the train goes under the bridge aren't actually "stains"...they purposely painted the bridges black in that area to disquise the stains.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
We always enjoy the TTA when visiting Tomorrowland. It's the best place to sit back and relax. My only suggestion would be to add a little more to look at while in the tunnel sections, especially in the Buzz/Timekeeper tunnel (humorous billboards....anything). Other than that, hop on and enjoy the ride.

WDWFREAK53

Humorous billboards would be cool in there...especially if they were billboards of their movies (like spoof movie posters of their classics)

Tramp

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
The TTA is a great ride to relax on, especially around 5 p.m. Its one of my favorite attractions at the MK...

...LMAO....have to agree Tink...the legs go numb about that time...especially if you've been there since early morning...the TTA or WEDWAY is especially nice at night with the colorful lights of Tomorrowland...it kind of sneaks around above everyone without anyone noticing it.:lol:

Erika

Hey CastleCake--

bottled water has an exp date because the little bacteria in there are constantly multiplying, and by that date there should be about a trillion gazillion of them! Tasty, huh?

Sorry, I know it's not a *real* queation, but I couldn't resist answering. :rolleyes:

Tramp

Originally posted by Erika
Hey CastleCake--

bottled water has an exp date because the little bacteria in there are constantly multiplying, and by that date there should be about a trillion gazillion of them! Tasty, huh?

LMAO....:lol: :lol: :lol:

...that's a riot...and so true....I've been drinking the water right out of the fountain and it's had no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....no ill effects....:eek:

TiggersPooh

I love that ride it is the (one) best at MK!! But guess what I will be riding TTA tomorrow!! (sorry I had to do that:D ) I plan on taping the whole TTA!!!

SykedOwt

Originally posted by TiggersPooh
I love that ride it is the (one) best at MK!! But guess what I will be riding tomorrow!! (sorry I had to do that:D ) I plan on taping the whole TTA!!!

And Then Sharing It With All ofcoarse! :D

In a Side Note, Is That Avatar Nitro?

jmarc63

Originally posted by Monorail_Green

The biggest changes to it over the years was of course the name change from the "WEDway Peoplemover" to the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority."

Physically, the 'highrises' on which the track is laid out also changed to a more metallic look, which is a change from the blue and white concrete look that these highrises/bridges boasted before (if you look closely around Tomorrowland today, you can still notice a couple tracks that have the blue/white highrises around the land).

They didnt really put the effort into the remodel as I would have hoped they would have........The remodeling was supposed to resemble the same stayl that they used at Disneyland Paris. Unfortunitly all they did was to apply the new elements over the original concreat structure IE: False fronts. I supposed I would have to breakdown and admit it was starting to be dated looking but I still loved the original look, It took me a while to realize from the photos that they removed the two waterfalls with ther monolithical towers thet flanked the entrance from the hub. I really dont care for what they did. Maybe someday they will start from scratch on a newer Tommrowland like they did at disneyland in the 60s and again in the 70s.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jmarc63

They didnt really put the effort into the remodel as I would have hoped they would have........The remodeling was supposed to resemble the same stayl that they used at Disneyland Paris. Unfortunitly all they did was to apply the new elements over the original concreat structure IE: False fronts. I supposed I would have to breakdown and admit it was starting to be dated looking but I still loved the original look, It took me a while to realize from the photos that they removed the two waterfalls with ther monolithical towers thet flanked the entrance from the hub. I really dont care for what they did. Maybe someday they will start from scratch on a newer Tommrowland like they did at disneyland in the 60s and again in the 70s.

I like it...it's beautiful at night (you could get a neon suntan) :)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by leeocean
The TTA is historic. I never understood why they renamed it from WEDway People Mover. But it's a ride that you have to go on - it's at its best when Space Mtn is "down" and you want to know if it's operational yet or if the lights are still on.

It was renamed when Tomorrowland was re-themed in 1994. It adds to the "community of the future" theme that Tomorrowland now has. Notice how they treat Tomorrowland as a city on TTA.

Although it will always be WEDway People Mover to me, I like the new name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom