Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Indy_UK

I think a lot of people are saying the same in California. Web Slingers is decent for the young kids but the land needs the E ticket to make it all more balanced.

I still believe it will come to both campus lands eventually because I’m sure I heard it’s just a copy of ‘Flight of Passage’ but standing by up so the tech is already done.

The Grand Inquisitor

I think a lot of people are saying the same in California. Web Slingers is decent for the young kids but the land needs the E ticket to make it all more balanced.

I still believe it will come to both campus lands eventually because I’m sure I heard it’s just a copy of ‘Flight of Passage’ but standing by up so the tech is already done.
Yeah I agree 100%.

G.L.A.D.I.O

No it was absolutely not a copy, the Quinjet was supposed to take us to Wakanda,
to other Marvel planets in Deep Space, under the sea (Atlantis?) and even to the other C.A.M.P.U.S... The ride system was designed in a way we could have thought that we were helping the Avengers individually. The concept was mostly inspired by an abandoned Space ride system in Epcot.
9137715fb557f89c966ece306cdb8096.jpg
jhm_mission_space2.jpg

Last edited:

G.L.A.D.I.O

"When asked to describe the ride system for the attraction, a question came from the audience attempting to link the Avengers E-Ticket to an existing Disney Parks experience like Flight of Passage or Soarin’. Drake answered that the ride system will be “completely unique” and “something that we’ve never seen before” due to the unique demands of telling a story with The Avengers on such a scale. By not linking the ride system specifically to an existing attraction as asked by a member of the audience, Drake confirmed that the ride system will be unique to the Disney Parks."
-Scot Drake at the NY Comic Con
https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/more...ction-coming-to-avengers-campus-marvel-lands/

"Imagineers are hard at work conceiving an all-new innovative ride system to put you in the middle of this action."
-Bob Chapek at the D23 Expo 2019

Last edited:

cjkeating

Web Slinger is an excellent addition to Studios though, the park is relative thrill heavy with RC, TOT, RnRC and Crush's. Also unlike DCA we don't have Midway Mania in Paris. I guess they designed WEB slingers for Paris as an alternative for Midway Mania and just copied it over to DCA.
Yes, I feel and think the same.

J4546

Web Slinger is an excellent addition to Studios though, the park is relative thrill heavy with RC, TOT, RnRC and Crush's. Also unlike DCA we don't have Midway Mania in Paris. I guess they designed WEB slingers for Paris as an alternative for Midway Mania and just copied it over to DCA.
Its an excellent addition to CA as well!

G.L.A.D.I.O

Correct. For 2019.

They apparently disbanded the team in charge of the project at the beginning of Covid. So around April/May... Until then, that is to say from August 2019 to March 2020, I don't see what would have made them change their mind by taking a less ambitious ride system after having officially presented the project as totally new and knowing that most of the visuals used for the merchandising of the attraction were very explicit. In short, for once, allow me to doubt your comments, which seem to me to be more in the order of personal assumptions than real informations.

cookiee_munster

With the projects all being shut down etc it makes me really nervous that we'll end up with a beastly kingdom/lost continent scenario, seeing as Epic Universe is currently in development. Those designers will need work, and they'll go wherever they need to put food on the table...

EDIT - i'm not saying it'll be an EXACT copy of anything. but you could always see the similarities between beastly and lost continent and it was kind of obvious.

lazyboy97o

With the projects all being shut down etc it makes me really nervous that we'll end up with a beastly kingdom/lost continent scenario, seeing as Epic Universe is currently in development. Those designers will need work, and they'll go wherever they need to put food on the table...

EDIT - i'm not saying it'll be an EXACT copy of anything. but you could always see the similarities between beastly and lost continent and it was kind of obvious.
Epic Universe was largely designed and most of the people working on it were laid off. Those people will need work too and moving across country is an endeavor. These projects take a lot longer to actually design than people seem to realize. The timeline for the Lost Continent story really doesn’t add up.

IMDREW

They apparently disbanded the team in charge of the project at the beginning of Covid. So around April/May... Until then, that is to say from August 2019 to March 2020, I don't see what would have made them change their mind by taking a less ambitious ride system after having officially presented the project as totally new and knowing that most of the visuals used for the merchandising of the attraction were very explicit. In short, for once, allow me to doubt your comments, which seem to me to be more in the order of personal assumptions than real informations.
They have "officially presented" many projects that never seen the light of day. I'd take Marni's word on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom