Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Den Carter

But at what cost?
So they've replaced an underwhelming experience with an underwhelming experience with IP. They certainly haven't invested much in that Mater - um - model? I was going to say 'animatronic', but it's not even that. Look at the immersive quality of the Cars characters at DCA or Lightning McQueen at DHS, or even the parade characters in PTN... Maybe they're holding something back for a big reveal, but I doubt it....

Sir_Cliff

So they've replaced an underwhelming experience with an underwhelming experience with IP. They certainly haven't invested much in that Mater - um - model? I was going to say 'animatronic', but it's not even that. Look at the immersive quality of the Cars characters at DCA or Lightning McQueen at DHS, or even the parade characters in PTN... Maybe they're holding something back for a big reveal, but I doubt it....
Yes, it seems like a cheap overlay to keep capacity reasonable until all of these new attractions come online. I am kind of interested to see how it all turns out, as it's giving me vibes of a larger scale Heimlich's Chew Chew Train where you slowly pass by mostly static scenery with commentary... then suddenly you have Catastrophe Canyon in the middle!

That said, the original WDS tram tour has to be one of the worst, most pointless attractions Disney has ever developed.

Markiewong

I wouldn't even call it a replacement. They cut short the route, repainted the trains/catastrophe canon, build the most temporary station possible and moved three figures from across the park.

1621336022354.png

1621336055600.png

1621336147731.png

In all fairness, this might be one of the smarter choices Disney has made recently. Tram tour was pretty terrible and they reduced it to the exciting part, while maintaining an additional ride for capacity and spending almost nothing.

(and bonus points, they even fixed the pacing since Catastrophy Canon is now towards the middle/end of the ride instead of beginning/middle)

Movielover

They cut short the route, repainted the trains/catastrophe canon, build the most temporary station possible and moved three figures from across the park.
You just described literally every modification ever made to both Tram Tours during their entire lifetimes haha.

MGM's tour became a shell of itself once the studio went belly up, but at least it was a actual studio tour
The French one was a studio tour without a actual studio lol.

Man I wish I could go back in time and ride the original complete 1989 tour.

RoyalFool

My expectations were low for the Car's Road Trip revamp, and yet they somehow didn't even reach that. Bit of paint here, sticking some goggly eyes on static fiber-glass models there, new sign, kachow!

Saddest part is I'll probably never see the Horizon's props again now.

Man I wish I could go back in time and ride the original complete 1989 tour.

I was randomly watching a holiday video from that era and was surprised at how good it was, and how much of it was completely wasted on young me who had no idea what a Bladerunner Spinner vehicle was at the time, or that it would become my favorite movie as an adult. If you invent that 1989 time machine, PM me please.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
cars tour ride is a neat re-use of the catastrophe canyon, and im glad to see that stick around. But I dont think this ride will be around in 10-20 years, it seems more like a low cost placehold until they announce something bigger on that plot of land.
Same here. I didn't expect another Radiator Springs Racers-type of attraction for Cars Road Trip in the first place, which I guess helped manage my expectations. Hopefully, the attraction after Road Trip is still Pixar-related so that all the Pixar stuff is on one side of the park. Maybe a new Toy Story Mania (given its proximity to Toy Story Playland)?

IMDREW

I know there was a rumour floating around about DLP getting HKDL paint the night parade during the castle refurb. Now with COVID and the castle refurb going this fast is this still on the table? I would love for the 30th to have the nighttime show at the main park and putting PTN in WDS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom