Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Den Carter

to me this would be a sensible move. Closing the park must help save costs. Construction in a closed park must be cheaper and when demand picks up the resort could advertise its all new park to visit.

Sensible, but as much as I dislike the mess of that park in general, its ride lineup is pretty important to a lot of DLP visitors. The likes of ToT, Crush, Rat and even RC Racer would be a big loss for many. Perhaps a good compromise would be reduced hours or even weekend only openings?

Stevie Amsterdam

Outside ears is reporting that the studios park may close due to low attendance, cast member shortage and to ease construction.
It would be a smart move to do this. Regardless of the line up of attractions that would be missed, Disneyland Parc has more than enough to do. If they work on the expansion 24/7 they could reopen a with a bang and get the numbers they so much want.

cjkeating

I think all fans would be okay with this idea, especially if it maintains DLPs financial position during COVID.

I think a Friday-Sunday operation would be a sensible compromise.

Toni25

DICKSNEY.png

So maybe some of you already saw this, as it was posted on twitter a few days ago.
This is NOT OFFICIAL, it's just a piece of armchair Imagineering done by someone very talented.
I thought it was super cool and wanted to share it here too.
I know there is a lot of mystery surrounding Studio 1 and rumors about how it might change...this person removed it altogether and I must say I love the idea. I also like that "Hollywood" remained a central theme. Maybe one day they'll do something cool with the park like they did with California Adventure.

Anyway, here is the link to the original tweet:

Last edited:

IMDREW

View attachment 495557

So maybe some of you already saw this, as it was posted on twitter a few days ago.
This is NOT OFFICIAL, it's just a piece of armchair Imagineering done by someone very talented.
I thought it was super cool and wanted to share it here too.
I know there is a lot of mystery surrounding Studio 1 and rumors about how it might change...this person removed it altogether and I must say I love the idea. I also like that "Hollywood" remained a central theme. Maybe one day they'll do something cool with the park like they did with California Adventure.

Anyway, here is the link to the original tweet:

I wish I wish I wish

This is epic, easily better than anything we've seen from WDI for this park and very welcome. We have yet to see what is in store for this part of the park for real, but apparently studio 1 will stay and be a bit rethemed.
I still think this expansion is not enough for this park, I know it's all down to money in the end. Marvel area only gets interesting imo should it ever reach phase 2 with the Avengers Ride, Frozen with only 1 boat ride is nothing spectacular but certainly a nice area and eventually SW with 1 ride (rise), hopefully adapted to Tatooine or something should be quite good.

Since this park is all over the place thematically, they should have at the same time thrown in Tron and Pandora. Only then it could be called a full day park. Don't care for cars land.

cookiee_munster

does anyone have a rough aerial view of where things are going? i'm looking on google maps now and where the lake is going i'm presuming that currently there's a huge car park there? is that correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom