Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Robbiem

Disney & more has a detailed article about the extension for the third gate.

It has this really useful map outlining the various land zones

kView attachment 450198
Looking at the map its amazing that they have housing in the resort ’circle’ and next to the budget resorts. The third park site looks as big as the existing two together but I’d imagine you’d need a monorail or other form of transport to get guests from the station

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The third park site looks as big as the existing two together but I’d imagine you’d need a monorail or other form of transport to get guests from the station
It definitely looks bigger than Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park combined. Let's just hope Imagineering and park management have something grand in mind for that space, because God forbid they do another WDSP 1.0. Paris DisneySky Park sounds like a great idea, by the way...

The dark blue line does look like a monorail line though with two terminals (one in the hub between Disneyland Park and WDSP) and one in Villages Nature. I imagine they'll put another station in Park 3 as well.

fradz

Looking at the map its amazing that they have housing in the resort ’circle’ and next to the budget resorts. The third park site looks as big as the existing two together but I’d imagine you’d need a monorail or other form of transport to get guests from the station
They needed to sell that land to make some money while the park was struggling. I covered this topic somewhere in this thread.

It definitely looks bigger than Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park combined. Let's just hope Imagineering and park management have something grand in mind for that space, because God forbid they do another WDSP 1.0. Paris DisneySky Park sounds like a great idea, by the way...
The site will not only be theme park but also supporting infrastructure :)
The dark blue line does look like a monorail line though with two terminals (one in the hub between Disneyland Park and WDSP) and one in Villages Nature. I imagine they'll put another station in Park 3 as well.
This is a power-line, as Village Natures has geothermic sources which generate (some) power for the resort.

Toni25

I think a sort of Fantastic Worlds type concept (like the one developed by Universal in Florida), is the best way to go.
I could fit many areas and ideas and it has a lot of versatility.

Could combine elements of Beastly Kingdom:
1.A dark land, inspired by villains (think Chernabog the devil, or some sort of dark ride to include all Disney villains)
2.On the opposite side, a "good" land with the never built unicorn crystal grotto and maybe a Tinkerbell fairy ride.

It could also incorporate more Alien type lands, such as Avatar or..even more Star Wars.
Could also draw inspiration from Ancient civilizations, such as ancient Babylon, or Egypt or China, or Mexico (could include all sorts of rides and Pixar/Disney IPs or non-i.p. based rides).

It could include DisneySea Elements as well, such as having these lands themed as ports, or create a storyline along the lines of "sailing to otherworldly lands". Maybe it could have a Lighthouse as a center Icon, to further strengthen the Idea of Exploration.

With that being said...there is still A LOT to improve on the existing parks and sooo much expansion space left. I don't think a 3rd park will come in the nest 20 years, UNLESS they massively develop the other parks. The Main Park has expansion pads for every single land basically. It could double it's attraction line-up.

Brummyboy92

I love every single idea from Toni25 LOL.

It needs to be distinct otherwise why bother at all, but a good vs bad split would be unique enough and could incorporate existing ideas, as well as a good mix of new.

I am adamant that they need to improve both parks quite drastically now. I think there needs to be enough attractions across both parks to warrant a full 4 night stay at the resort, allowing 3 full days across the 2 parks.

Namastesii

Has construction started again on the expansion? Anyone know

Yes, the preparatory work for the expansion site already started in February. Marvel Land has been slightly delayed, but has been working on it for the past month. The first works for the lake and Frozen Land should resume this month. For all new updates you can follow @Disneylandworks on Twitter! ;)

cjkeating

Construction seems to be in full swing again, is it possible that the delay would take months rather than a year?
I think the general online consensus is Marvel is delayed slightly, it was running ahead of schedule with an early summer opening planned so this could shift to later in the summer. The lake and Frozen will proceed with minimal delays (although as with any project unforeseen delays can arise).

Lintemuthstudios

I can't be the only one thinking that the eventual third land that will be added to the lake area (the other two being Star Wars and Frozen) will be Cars, right? They already have the tram tour. Just move the Cars flat ride and add a new version of Radiator Springs Racers and you're good to go!

LeeleeSTAR

I can't be the only one thinking that the eventual third land that will be added to the lake area (the other two being Star Wars and Frozen) will be Cars, right? They already have the tram tour. Just move the Cars flat ride and add a new version of Radiator Springs Racers and you're good to go!

It does seem an easy thing to do and will make the lake area feel more complete. They could then replace the cars race rally in toons studio with something else.

i would prefer a third proper area but I don’t see that happening now, especially not in the next decade. I’m worried we won’t see the star wars area at this rate.

Lintemuthstudios

It does seem an easy thing to do and will make the lake area feel more complete. They could then replace the cars race rally in toons studio with something else.

i would prefer a third proper area but I don’t see that happening now, especially not in the next decade. I’m worried we won’t see the star wars area at this rate.

Oh, we will. That's probably the biggest thing they're adding, and it's not even the full Galaxy's Edge. It's just the village and Rise of the Resistance.

Is Cars even that big of a thing in Europe?

Although building Radiator Springs would be yet another addition to Euro Disney's long line of Southwest Americana.

I mean, there's two Cars rides (the tram tour and a flat ride) already in the park. Wouldn't hurt to move the flat and add an E-ticket.

yensidtlaw1969

There have been a few pitches I’ve seen for the “third land.” Almost all of them are quite a ways off, and almost all of them validate the assumption of being overly reliant on clones.
Wasn't Pandora in talks for the Studios? It's an expensive land for sure, but I could see there being desire to clone it in DSP. Or some modified version.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Wasn't Pandora in talks for the Studios? It's an expensive land for sure, but I could see there being desire to clone it in DSP. Or some modified version.
Hm, perhaps you remembered my semi-pitch on it here on the thread? I'm not sure if Pandora was in talks in real life, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true especially given the Bobs' penchant for IP/corporate synergy and cloning. At the very least, a mini-land (with probably Flight of Passage) could happen, with "future expansion" in mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom