Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone who knows when we can expect more news about the Studios expansion? Still so many questions... (Star Wars Land, the ToT area with the restaurants and the rumored Tangled ride,...) Is an event such as Insidears (last year we had the event on the 12th of April and the Media Expo on the 10th of September) planned in the future?

EDIT: Ignore what I say below... it pertains to WDW not Paris. D'oh.

Insiders have been mostly mum about anything past the 50th.

Most likely because nothing has been greenlit yet.

The next big event which usually drops some news (not much) is Destination D at the end of Nov 2020.

In fact, we're still waiting for all the big official 50th news which should include, hopefully, the announcement of a night parade and a replacement for Stitch.

Last edited:

Hiyumo

The next big event which usually drops some news (not much) is Destination D at the end of Nov 2020.
First of all, that is a really long wait for (probably) a disappointment. Second, that would be a great time to talk about the Iron Man rollercoaster, since Avengers Campus can possibly open in spring/summer 2021. So there would be a nice gap of 6 months between the news and opening, I guess.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
First of all, that is a really long wait for (probably) a disappointment. Second, that would be a great time to talk about the Iron Man rollercoaster, since Avengers Campus can possibly open in spring/summer 2021. So there would be a nice gap of 6 months between the news and opening, I guess.

Or longer. Disney never promises to drop new news at any event more than a few weeks ahead of time. And even then, there might be no new news at the event. Sometimes new news breaks as a simple announcement on the Parks blog.

Toni25

Insiders have been mostly mum about anything past the 50th.

Most likely because nothing has been greenlit yet.

In fact, we're still waiting for all the big official 50th news which should include, hopefully, the announcement of a night parade and a replacement for Stitch.
Did you mean the 30th anniversary? They just announced a new day time parade a couple days ago for 2022, as well as a new Christmas Parade for next Christmas.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Stevie Amsterdam

Not specifically related to the redevelopment of WDS, but still interesting enough to put up for discussion... Did anybody else see this? Another hotel is being built at DLP. As if there weren't enough hotels already o_O

Concept art:

82922575_533388183928674_447238818592980992_n.jpg

and

84154330_533388187262007_2035236073583411200_n.jpg

Toni25

Not specifically related to the redevelopment of WDS, but still interesting enough to put up for discussion... Did anybody else see this? Another hotel is being built at DLP. As if there weren't enough hotels already o_O

Concept art:

View attachment 446429

and

View attachment 446430
I think that is part of Villages Nature, not exactly developed by Disney, but as long as it might attract guests, I find it exciting.
What scares me more is the recent rumor of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and mini land coming to the STUDIOS...I really hope they choose a different I.P. for that.
Also, what was that little discussion about New York and that encrypted message? I'm confused.

EDIT: Found out that Hotel is actually a concept for a J.W. Marriott Resort near Disneyland Paris.

Last edited:

Toni25

i keeep thinking that the Mickey ride is planned in the WDS in the " enchanted gardens area"
It better be...I hope they theme the whole boulevard to the lake to Hollywood and make the entrance to Mickey like a theater.
It really bothers me how messy the park is, it would be a fantasy to see it have a structure and have the center area, from Studio 1 to the lake be themed to Hollywood, then right side is PIXAR Studios, left side MARVEL Studios, and around the lake, you have LUCASFILM to the left and WALT DISNEY ANIMATION to the right. (Hence why I hope they make a coaster themed to Brave, or that Tangled ride, to better immerse you in this idea of a park divided into the Studios that Disney Owns). The "Toon Studios" and "Production Courtyard" type of districts need to be left in the 2010s decade...

LeeleeSTAR

It better be...I hope they theme the whole boulevard to the lake to Hollywood and make the entrance to Mickey like a theater.
It really bothers me how messy the park is, it would be a fantasy to see it have a structure and have the center area, from Studio 1 to the lake be themed to Hollywood, then right side is PIXAR Studios, left side MARVEL Studios, and around the lake, you have LUCASFILM to the left and WALT DISNEY ANIMATION to the right. (Hence why I hope they make a coaster themed to Brave, or that Tangled ride, to better immerse you in this idea of a park divided into the Studios that Disney Owns). The "Toon Studios" and "Production Courtyard" type of districts need to be left in the 2010s decade...

sounds good to me but I can’t imagine that much vision happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom