Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

peep

I'm quite excited to see the new changes to Tower, not much longer to wait either!

Paris announced far more than I was expecting this morning. Along with ToT and Frozen announcements they also showed off some concept art for the new Disney Junior Live replacement and some more details on the Frozen show opening in November.

There's also a huge ride building in the back of a new piece of Avengers concept art, let the speculation begin on if/when the Avengers E-ticket arrives...

douglasrickard

They can keep their subpar Frozen land if there is no coaster, that's the best part. And then there doesn't seem to be any mention of Galaxy's Edge? Hopefully after the failure in the US maybe might consider retooling it.

Maybe our attraction will be better than Hong Kong's though. Jim Hill said on a recent podcast that they are indeed considering an original trilogy version of the Star Wars land for WDS Paris because of the performance.

The Grand Inquisitor

Maybe our attraction will be better than Hong Kong's though. Jim Hill said on a recent podcast that they are indeed considering an original trilogy version of the Star Wars land for WDS Paris because of the performance.
Could we see Paris get a third park with Avatar and other Fox and Disney properties not at the other two parks?

AndyS2992

Could we see Paris get a third park with Avatar and other Fox and Disney properties not at the other two parks?
A third park is contractually obligated so possibly, however don't expect any news on that for another 20 years at least. They really need to get WDS and Disney Village right first and foremost and then Disneyland Park itself hasn't had an actual new ride since Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast was put in in 2006 so that's 13 years without a new build which the park needs desperately at this point, at least now that Disney owns DLP, Disneyland park is now up to scratch with all the recent refurbs and maintenance so I do have some faith.

BubbaisSleep

I think it's pretty bold to have Frozen open without the coaster and Star Wars with only one attraction. This is already a sub-par park, why open it with sub-par lands? This park can use as much rides as it can get. I hope there are unique changes being made, as making SWL based on the original trilogy as stated above, can set this park apart from the others.

BrianLo

Last I was told, DL and WDS share the Simulator while HK gets a unique anchor. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t surprise me if they just went ahead and had HK share the sim too.

I'm wondering if there is an exclusivity deal baked into Hong Kong's contract with LegCo though. Hopefully there was, in order to pre-empt that from happening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...still waiting for the “surprise” MMRR announcement for DL Parc...

And something fitting for the Discoveryland theatre. And Videopolis.

The studios is certainly getting some long needed real expansion. There’s still some unknowns and a third lagoon attraction is still needed (please something original) but it’s a great start.

Brummyboy92

I think it's pretty bold to have Frozen open without the coaster and Star Wars with only one attraction. This is already a sub-par park, why open it with sub-par lands? This park can use as much rides as it can get. I hope there are unique changes being made, as making SWL based on the original trilogy as stated above, can set this park apart from the others.

But we don't have much information regarding the finer details of the lands yet. People seem to be jumping the gun, when in reality we need to be patient and see what they come up with. Don't get me wrong, both Frozen Land and SW Land need at least 2 attractions each, however we could very well end up with that. I'm hoping we have more information next week, as admittedly I am getting impatient myself.

IMDREW

I read somewhere that Indy is a no go for now and they're considering Tron instead?! Anyone know if this is true? They need to stop sharing rides with WDW cause a lot of people do both.. And I was so looking forward to Indy :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom