Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

lazyboy97o

Disney has never really used the IAAPA expos as a venue for announcements. They typically recycle news, sometimes for years after the fact, just to make sure they get a mention with everyone else making announcements.

Absimilliard

I attended the presentation in spirited company and the thing felt weird. From the food going from a buffet to seafood, giant rare beef filet and cute Mickey mousse cake to the presentation feeling like the ending was cut, it was different than what I was expecting. They kept mentioning Star Wars was coming... But they closed the presentation once it was time to talk about it. No repeat of any concept art showing it except for the large one showing the expansion.

Elaborating on the hotel makeover is all fine, but except for the new art and redone rooms, the Hotel New York is not changing. At least the Manhattan Restaurant is not going the way of the Hunter's Grill at the Sequoia Lodge... Becoming a buffet extension.

cjkeating

I wonder if they will change anything or just keep it the same.

I think the Star Wars plans are still very much in flux... they have a Marvel Land to finish, lake to build and Frozen Land to start before they move on to Star Wars.

I would imagine a lot of feedback and lessons learnt from Galaxy's Edge will feed into their plans... and there will be a lot of these from what has happened this year at DL and DHS!

Hopefully they will keep the Paris version of Galaxys Edge in the plans for the expansion. I think Star Wars would be well received at WDS. In my opinion the season of the force seasons are an indicator for this.

I think the expansion will bring new experiences to DLP that will be a lot of fun for the future crowds. We should be thankful that DLP is turning around itself.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully they will keep the Paris version of Galaxys Edge in the plans for the expansion. I think Star Wars would be well received at WDS. In my opinion the season of the force seasons are an indicator for this.

I think the expansion will bring new experiences to DLP that will be a lot of fun for the future crowds. We should be thankful that DLP is turning around itself.
If RotR is a smashing success in the USA, I’m sure they’ll move forward with building it in Paris.

dennis-in-ct

I think the Star Wars plans are still very much in flux... they have a Marvel Land to finish, lake to build and Frozen Land to start before they move on to Star Wars.

I would imagine a lot of feedback and lessons learnt from Galaxy's Edge will feed into their plans... and there will be a lot of these from what has happened this year at DL and DHS!

Perhaps it is palpable to the guests visiting Star Wars Galaxy Edge that the purpose of the land is to sell merchandise rather than to entertain the guests. I would think if the guest feels they are lavished with entertainment, the desire to buy merchandise will follow.

Perhaps Paris is reconsidering a Star Wars presence at the park. I fear Disney may pull the Star Wars plug in Pairs :(
WDSP needs A LOT of something! The proposed lake with the lands surrounding it look amazing,

AndyS2992

So the new revamped Tower of Terror officially opened today after a week of testing however there isn't a single full video online.. what gives?

cjkeating

So the new revamped Tower of Terror officially opened today after a week of testing however there isn't a single full video online.. what gives?

You aren't allowed to film on the ride, the Bell Hop specifically states it after checking the seat belts before the ride begins.

Also I see from your signature you'll be there in 35 days, why not just wait and have it as a surprise? :)

AndyS2992

New Walt Disney Studios 2020 park maps are out..

And a zoom in on the new rethemed Backlot Tour, to be known as "Cars: Route 66", courtesy of ED92live on Twitter.

cjkeating

New Walt Disney Studios 2020 park maps are out..
View attachment 418337

And a zoom in on the new rethemed Backlot Tour, to be known as "Cars: Route 66", courtesy of ED92live on Twitter.
View attachment 418338

Whilst the (predictable) Twitter reaction has been anywhere between 'why' to 'it should have gone' it makes logical sense from an operations perspective as the park doesn't lose any capacity and has something new to market. The only good bit of the Studio Tram Tour is Catastrophe Canyon (unless you were a Reign of Fire or Dinotopia fan) so we aren't losing anything from the ride.

malice

Rode the studio tram a week ago and had to be evacuated after Catastrophe Canyon due to a flat tire. I was curious what the new clearing behind TSL was for; turns out it’s the new tram load station.

Interesting choice for an overlay. I wonder if the CC fuel truck will be getting a cartoon face lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom