Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Absimilliard

The jet skis were removed at opening. Everything else should be in place for a normal show.

Motor Actions was recently rewritten to clean-up the show. The high dive off the building was removed years ago: now, the guy just falls backward out of sight. The fire wall the biker slides through has been off for a while. The giant screen needs to be replaced due to massive lines and blurriness.

As for the show script, its now Lightning Mcqueen drives around the stage then things get going with the Car Ballet. The motorcycle chase is next and then, they set-up for the truck jump. The show then concludes with the fire ramp, where the hero jumps the water. This makes the transitions between scenes faster and the show is now around 35 minutes long instead of 40+ before.

The show always had small differences between Florida and Paris. Like Marni said, the jet-skis didn't make it to the grand opening in Paris. The gas pump fire effect was also programmed differently: in Paris, when it explodes, it briefly burns and turns off before the stuntman get anywhere near. In Florida, it burned a lot longer. The fire ramp at the end in Paris was always just the car jump, not the brief pursuit before like in Florida.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Motor Actions was recently rewritten to clean-up the show. The high dive off the building was removed years ago: now, the guy just falls backward out of sight. The fire wall the biker slides through has been off for a while. The giant screen needs to be replaced due to massive lines and blurriness.

As for the show script, its now Lightning Mcqueen drives around the stage then things get going with the Car Ballet. The motorcycle chase is next and then, they set-up for the truck jump. The show then concludes with the fire ramp, where the hero jumps the water. This makes the transitions between scenes faster and the show is now around 35 minutes long instead of 40+ before.

The show always had small differences between Florida and Paris. Like Marni said, the jet-skis didn't make it to the grand opening in Paris. The gas pump fire effect was also programmed differently: in Paris, when it explodes, it briefly burns and turns off before the stuntman get anywhere near. In Florida, it burned a lot longer. The fire ramp at the end in Paris was always just the car jump, not the brief pursuit before like in Florida.
Ouch. It’s been a while since I saw the Paris version. Thanks for the correction.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did they put the art back on the wall yet? Walked past one morning and several pictures had been “removed” overnight. Unique souvenirs!

Not sure what you saw, but here are some pictures I took in July (we were there the weekend of the 20th). Sorry some are a bit blurry...
4243B774-C680-4380-9541-B94F42D7FDD4.jpeg
ED59E57E-28A6-4723-8B6E-0538BD86085E.jpeg
AB5A31AC-32E4-4752-870A-FEE2DB16B9CF.jpeg
2B5D1685-3B71-4A81-A9FD-8BC49E0FB7BB.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some of the pieces of art were creatively removed. Looks like they’re all back now. And the paint was fixed too!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Some of the pieces of art were creatively removed. Looks like they’re all back now. And the paint was fixed too!

Good to know. I’m looking forward to staying there - will most likely do so for next year’s half marathon weekend because it’s really the closest hotel to the starting blocks and my vow to never stay there again until it has been refurbished will have been fulfilled 😉

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good to know. I’m looking forward to staying there - will most likely do so for next year’s half marathon weekend because it’s really the closest hotel to the starting blocks and my vow to never stay there again until it has been refurbished will have been fulfilled 😉
We stayed there a while back. It'd be wrong to moan since we didn’t pay but I found it to be very... clinical. I’m not a fan of IP overlays but I think this one could work.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We stayed there a while back. I won’t moan since we didn’t pay but I found it to be very... clinical. I’m not a fan of IP overlays but I think this one could work.

Hmm. I would have used « tired » but I can see clinical, as it didn’t really have a soul. The extremely overpriced Disneyland Hotel is also « tired » in my opinion and really needs some love put into it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmm. I would have used « tired » but I can see clinical, as it didn’t really have a soul. The extremely overpriced Disneyland Hotel is also « tired » in my opinion and really needs some love put into it.
We’ve stayed in Sequoia twice now since the refurb and it’s still holding up very well. Next year we’re trying Newport again after 14 years. Be interesting to see how the refurb went with that.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We’ve stayed in Sequoia twice now since the refurb and it’s still holding up very well. Next year we’re trying Newport again after 14 years. Be interesting to see how the refurb went with that.

Newport is my favorite, but I’ve only stayed in it post refurb. While I like the style of Sequoia, the lighter colors of the Newport beats it (as does their hot tub - an important consideration post race). For a less expensive trip, we enjoyed the Cheyenne - lighter/brighter rooms.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Newport is nice, just not at the price we paid last year (booked only a few months before the half marathon... :in pain: and we originally were going to book Sequoia). :oops: Does Sequoia or the soon-to-be-Art of Marvel have a QS location? We would have liked it more if something other than an expensive sit down restaurant was available.

PorterRedkey

We really enjoyed our stay there. They moved us up to a Compass Club room because are air wasn't working in our room. Nice hotel, restaurants, and friendly staff. We liked the (almost) private security check when you take the path on the opposite side of the lake from Sequoia. They were never more than a few people in line.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Newport is nice, just not at the price we paid last year (booked only a few months before the half marathon... :in pain: and we originally were going to book Sequoia). :oops: Does Sequoia or the soon-to-be-Art of Marvel have a QS location? We would have liked it more if something other than an expensive sit down restaurant was available.

Unfortunately I’ve found food options to be an issue at DLP hotels. And I’ve been fortunate to get a very good AP rate for the half marathon weekends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom