Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

Good. However ED92 is seemingly in the park every single day, surely they could have gone over and had a look to confirm.
Yeah, and they were in the parks that day, just somewhere else in the resort and they just trusted that person... Shouldn't have!

fradz

Memo from Disney parks finance department.. "Let's take the money we were going to use for the EPCOT rehab and pour it into the failing Disneyland Paris. We already spent so much money buying control of the failing Disneylsnd Paris we can't stop now. Don't worry about EPCOT, people will keep coming, for some reason they love those food booths and we make a lot if money from that, just more money to pour into the failing Disneykand Paris."
Oh the hypocrisy. Disneyland Paris was abandonned by TWDC for years, the Parc Disneyland has not received a new ride in ... 23 years.
23 years.

But sure, #ThanksParis, right? I'm sure it's because they're investing in DLRP that they cannot put some IP on a new EPCOT ride. Not like they have anything to look forward in the next 3 years...

cjkeating

Memo from Disney parks finance department.. "Let's take the money we were going to use for the EPCOT rehab and pour it into the failing Disneyland Paris. We already spent so much money buying control of the failing Disneylsnd Paris we can't stop now. Don't worry about EPCOT, people will keep coming, for some reason they love those food booths and we make a lot if money from that, just more money to pour into the failing Disneykand Paris."

Jeez. I think you should be questioning how TWDC allowed Epcot to get into the dire straits it is in now and how they have no thematic vision for the park before criticising DLP.

fradz

Moving on, some new stuff, from user Darth Vader on ED92, who has been spot on in the past and who posted his news as a riddle / news journal:

Front Page - The web around the future Marvel zone begins to weave (La toile de la future zone Marvel commence enfin à se tisser)
---> I understand this as a confirmation of the Spider Man dark ride replacing Arma

Meteo - The meteorite rain should end beginning of spring (La pluie de météorite devrait prendre fin au début du printemps.)
-->
Armageddon going away.

Culture – The grandpas of rock's tour is coming to an end, the last show should be scheduled for the end of summer (La tournée des papis du rock approche de son terme, le concert final serait programmé pour la fin de l’été .)
--> Rock N Roller Coaster closing by end of summer 2019.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Moving on, some new stuff, from user Darth Vader on ED92, who has been spot on in the past and who posted his news as a riddle / news journal:

Front Page - The web around the future Marvel zone begins to weave (La toile de la future zone Marvel commence enfin à se tisser)
---> I understand this as a confirmation of the Spider Man dark ride replacing Arma

Meteo - The meteorite rain should end beginning of spring (La pluie de météorite devrait prendre fin au début du printemps.)
-->
HyperSpace mountain going away beginning of spring, as expected.

Culture – The grandpas of rock's tour is coming to an end, the last show should be scheduled for the end of summer (La tournée des papis du rock approche de son terme, le concert final serait programmé pour la fin de l’été .)
--> Rock N Roller Coaster closing by end of summer 2019.

Thanks for the update.

One thing that continue to confuse me is the thought of a dark ride going into Armageddon. The show building is very small with what appears to be limited space to expand on any side. Is there something that I am missing?

BrianLo

-->
HyperSpace mountain going away beginning of spring, as expected.

I think you interpreted that incorrectly. Doesn't Meteorite rain imply Armageddon? I mean the attraction is literally you being pelted by meteorites...

Robert.W

I’d be really interested to know what will happen to Hyperspace Mountain though. I’d like to think they’ll bring back the classic Earth to the Moon storyline, much like most other people here I expect. Yet with the Star Wars overlay removal seemingly being pushed back further and further, I’m not even getting my hopes up that we’ll even see the return of Mission 2 any time soon...

fradz

I’d be really interested to know what will happen to Hyperspace Mountain though. I’d like to think they’ll bring back the classic Earth to the Moon storyline, much like most other people here I expect. Yet with the Star Wars overlay removal seemingly being pushed back further and further, I’m not even getting my hopes up that we’ll even see the return of Mission 2 any time soon...
Mission 2 is in the plans yes, and maybe mission 3 at a much later stage, check out my earlier posts for timing! :)

fradz

One thing that continue to confuse me is the thought of a dark ride going into Armageddon. The show building is very small with what appears to be limited space to expand on any side. Is there something that I am missing?
Great question. I've heard someone say that the current Arma building will be entirely destroyed and they will expand the new building towards the Stunt Show. I don't know how reliable is that information.
That said, the current area is around 3230m², which is about the size of the DCA Toy Story Mania; while I see that the Toy Story Mania building from Tokyo is around 3900m².
I'm referencing these rides as the current rumor is that the Spider Man Dark Ride would be a Toy Story Mania-like (hence why the previous rumors of TSMM added to Toy Story Playland have died out)

Sir_Cliff

I can't be the only one who instinctively read this in a Donald Trump voice?

Robert.W

There has been a release of some official plans for the Parc Walt Disney Studios expansion. This information is sourced from ED92.

DC69C80E-7ABE-404B-9023-91ED9C4E3C1D.jpeg
D46BC89D-2842-458D-B369-77E532EF9D1D.jpeg

Annoyingly they are very low quality, however they do confirm that:
• Land themed to Frozen
Land themed to Star Wars
Lake with surrounding restaurants
• Re-theme of existing area to Marvel

There is also a financial breakdown of what exactly the €2 billion is being spent on:
• Redevelopment of Backlot to Marvel themed area – €500 million
• Buildings concepts and creation costs – €1 billion
• Overall new construction costs – €500 million

Additionally, we also have this plan:
AC37A01F-3466-460F-84A5-EE0F37E5E709.jpeg

fradz

disney.jpg

Seems to be one phase of the expansion, and as I stated in my very first posts here, seems like Battle Escape will be the first SW ride to come, (and the dark-ride from Frozen).

Still, 2 billion, we could have expected a bit more, even with Disney's prices. Let's see if the rumored additions (2nd SW ride and Frozen Coaster) will be coming along in the future phases, and the budgeting of that.

Additionally, please note that what is taking place of something already built (ride behind ToT, Marvel changes, things taking place of the scrapped sections of Tram Tour) does not need to be included in this document, as they are already part of the existing WDS area. Basically, the yellow zone is not the only zone impacted.

EDIT: Seems like Robert.W was faster by a minute!

Last edited:

BrianLo

What's interesting is that even when you plunk in where the full village and Millennium Falcon should go, they have roughly the same locale for a third attraction that both other lands have.

I guess WDS is compact tiny, but it just amazes me how much space they technically still have to work with for WDS.

This expansion really needs a third land around the lake, even if its just a third half-land like Star Wars and Frozen. The counterclockwise walk from the entrance is going to feel barren.

fradz

What's interesting is that even when you plunk in where the full village and Millennium Falcon should go, they have roughly the same locale for a third attraction that both other lands have.

I guess WDS is compact tiny, but it just amazes me how much space they technically still have to work with for WDS.

This expansion really needs a third land around the lake, even if its just a third half-land like Star Wars and Frozen. The counterclockwise walk from the entrance is going to feel barren.
True, and even if they would later build the next stages of SW and Frozen, they would still have room for a full, Pandora-scale land in the middle.

As I wrote before and Jeff from ED92 brilliantly had explained, originally, Cars should have been where the big hole between Frozen and the "counter clockwise walk", and Frozen was for Le Parc Disneyland.
Oh well, we'll see what's to come...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom