Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

The space used by MMRR is about 1.6 acres. There's more than enough space between PotC and Indy. But why do you think a Mickey or Poppins ride would wind up in Adventureland?
Haha I don't, I meant in the space behind the Tot (in WDS). Was asking if it would fit between the Tot and the new lake

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh...

The purple polygon represents the space you would need for MMRR. Seems to fit.

1533420341814.png

BrianLo

That certainly feels like a logical guess. MMRR has apparently more of an 80% usage of GMR, so I'm sure things could be adapted somewhat even if it wasn't a reasonable fit.

I'm actually pretty ok with this decision, although it's a little too bad that this lacks any sort of signature addition unique to the park. But inevitably new WDS sounds infinitely more of an upgrade than DHS received.

Robbiem

A spiderman version of midway mania sounds interesting. Wasnt a version of the original ride originally planned for toy story land at some point?

Although the tram tour is staying it isnt as good as the florida version and i have to think long term the plan will be to replace it with something else

fradz

A spiderman version of midway mania sounds interesting. Wasnt a version of the original ride originally planned for toy story land at some point?
There were very strong rumors of it until late 2017, yes.

Although the tram tour is staying it isnt as good as the florida version and i have to think long term the plan will be to replace it with something else
Yeah it will only run on the right side of the Jardin des Tuileries - avenue (main avenue); with Catastrophe Canyon being the main scene to be remaining.
It will eventually go away and make room for another land, but that is in the far future I guess.

fradz

Oh...

The purple polygon represents the space you would need for MMRR. Seems to fit.

View attachment 300652

I can't be more accurate than this (for multiple reasons), but this is what it would look like:

WDS EXP.png

The LMA Show would still be there (replaced) so can't scarp it; Tram Tour on the right with a station close to the lake, and that ride on the left, also close to the lake. There would be a road between Tot and this attraction, linking Marvel Land to the central road

Would still fit, you reckon?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't be more accurate than this (for multiple reasons), but this is what it would look like:

View attachment 300705

The Show would still be there so can't scarp it; Tram Tour on the right with a station close to the lake, and that ride on the left, also close to the lake. There would be a road between Tot and this attraction, linking Marvel Land to the central road

Would still fit, you reckon?

If that's not Google Earth Pro, then you should download it, it's free. Then you can draw your own polygons and it will tell you how much area the polygon takes. MMRR is about 1.6 acres. See here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...firmed-for-epcot.929265/page-331#post-8287041

fradz

ThemeParkTraveller

@fradz

Is the Adventureland E-ticket part of the €2 billion plan as well, or is it separately budgeted? Besides the 3 new lands (Marvel, Frozen, Star Wars), Spider-Man shooting ride, and potential MMRR behind ToT, what else is part of the 2 billion euros?

Last edited:

JohnyKaz2078

From what I've seen from the concept art released by Disney back in February and from this image posted on the forum I have one question:
20180227_wds2bn_01.jpg
image003.jpg

Why is the lake's right side completely undeveloped? Is there something else planned there that hasn't made it out of the design stage or it has been left purposely vacant for future expansions? It looks strange IMO to have nothing on the right side and then a new land, a new ride and another new land in the center. Does @fradz, @MisterPenguin or anybody else have any feedback on this?

fradz

@fradz
Is the Adventureland E-ticket part of the €2 billion plan as well, or is it separately budgeted? Besides the 3 new lands (Marvel, Frozen, Star Wars), Spider-Man shooting ride, and potential MMRR behind ToT, what else is part of the 2 billion euros?
Yes; all new rides, including the Adventureland E-Ticket are part of the €2 billion. I believe that additionally, the Disney Village expansion is part of the plan, and some other things.
The rest (new hotels/ hotels renovation /large refurbs) is not part of this budget, AFAIK. I've seen a breakdown before with budget estimates per cost center, but can't find it right now for some reasons...

Why is the lake's right side completely undeveloped? Is there something else planned there that hasn't made it out of the design stage or it has been left purposely vacant for future expansions? It looks strange IMO to have nothing on the right side and then a new land, a new ride and another new land in the center. Does @fradz, @MisterPenguin or anybody else have any feedback on this?
Expansion space, definitely. Rumors saying that Cars Land is favorite to get in that space, much later. But of course, this is post-2025 so it's difficult to say. (Fans are dreaming about Pandora, Cars or whatever they wish, but no solid rumors at the moment)

Last edited:

JohnyKaz2078

Expansion space, definitely. Rumors saying that Cars Land is favorite to get in that space, much later. But of course, this is post-2025 so it's difficult to say. (Fans are dreaming about Pandora, Cars or whatever they wish, but no solid rumors at the moment)
Agreed but why choosing the right side over the left one? More space maybe? Idk I really don't want the lake to become a World Showcase-style are with themed lands instead of countries. On the other hand I would really want to see Pandora (not Cars Land, there is already to many Pixar stuff in the park) for myself without having to go all the way to Orlando. And by the way: Is there any information about what rides will be included? I know about the Avengers rollercoaster in RnRC, that the Millennium Falcon will probably be the single ride in SWL and that the mountain in Frozen will house another rollercoaster, but will there be brought to the other parks too or will they be distinct to WDS?

fradz

Agreed but why choosing the right side over the left one? More space maybe? Idk I really don't want the lake to become a World Showcase-style are with themed lands instead of countries. On the other hand I would really want to see Pandora (not Cars Land, there is already to many Pixar stuff in the park) for myself without having to go all the way to Orlando. And by the way: Is there any information about what rides will be included? I know about the Avengers rollercoaster in RnRC, that the Millennium Falcon will probably be the single ride in SWL and that the mountain in Frozen will house another rollercoaster, but will there be brought to the other parks too or will they be distinct to WDS?

I'll try to recap a bit:

If you look at what's happening and what's being rumored, I think in the end, walking the Jardin des Tuileries, you will be facing a huge range of mountains (from left to right) : Star Wars Fossilized Trees (spires), [ Pandora ? ], Frozen's icy Mountain, [Cars Land's ?] mountain range.

Regarding Andrew Ryan's plan (posted by yourself just a little above), going clockwise, from Marvel :
Iron Man RnRC & Arma --> Spiderman dark ride for Marvel
There's the mysterious ride behind Tot which seems to be MMRR according to the rumors
If only one ride would be in SWL, it would be Alcatraz (Battle Escape), not the falcon.
There would be room for phase 2 of SWL + [Pandora?]
Frozen would have a boat ride (and a coaster (7DMT?) ?) + M&G
Large expansion pad for possibly Cars Land
Re-routing of the Tram tour
Hints of the Cars Land expansion can be found on the plan by checking the light blue buildings between Tram Tour new station and the hub in front of the lake. You see shapes very similar to the Cozy Cone Motel over in DCA.

The other smaller buildings, we don't really know what it is yet.

JohnyKaz2078

I'll try to recap a bit:

If you look at what's happening and what's being rumored, I think in the end, walking the Jardin des Tuileries, you will be facing a huge range of mountains (from left to right) : Star Wars Fossilized Trees (spires), [ Pandora ? ], Frozen's icy Mountain, [Cars Land's ?] mountain range.

Regarding Andrew Ryan's plan (posted by yourself just a little above), going clockwise, from Marvel :
Iron Man RnRC & Arma --> Spiderman dark ride for Marvel
There's the mysterious ride behind Tot which seems to be MMRR according to the rumors
If only one ride would be in SWL, it would be Alcatraz (Battle Escape), not the falcon.
There would be room for phase 2 of SWL + [Pandora?]
Frozen would have a boat ride (and a coaster (7DMT?) ?) + M&G
Large expansion pad for possibly Cars Land
Re-routing of the Tram tour
Hints of the Cars Land expansion can be found on the plan by checking the light blue buildings between Tram Tour new station and the hub in front of the lake. You see shapes very similar to the Cozy Cone Motel over in DCA.

The other smaller buildings, we don't really know what it is yet.
That clarifies things a little bit. I suppose you're talking about the final version we're going to get after 2025. Still have many questions but let's just stick to 4 for now:

1) Jardin des Tulieres= The Boulevard?
2) M&G= ?
3) Wait the Tram Tour will still be there?!?! Why? Just why? Does it serve a purpose anymore? I really don't know.
4) The Spiderman ride will go in the place of Motors Action Show? I had heard some rumors about an Avengers show going there. Has this changed? IMO Spiderman fits much better in the RnRC than it does there but that's another story.

fradz

That clarifies things a little bit. I suppose you're talking about the final version we're going to get after 2025. Still have many questions but let's just stick to 4 for now:

1) Jardin des Tulieres= The Boulevard?
2) M&G= ?
3) Wait the Tram Tour will still be there?!?! Why? Just why? Does it serve a purpose anymore? I really don't know.
4) The Spiderman ride will go in the place of Motors Action Show? I had heard some rumors about an Avengers show going there. Has this changed? IMO Spiderman fits much better in the RnRC than it does there but that's another story.
1) Yes, themed to a French garden, similar to the Parisian "Jardin des Tuileries"
2) Meet and Greet, where you meet characters from a movie franchise / IP
3) Yes, it will be there until the "right side" expansion is announced, much later on. Because it's a high capacity ride, and the park will need capacity while undergoing heavy changes.
4) No, Spidy dark ride instead of Armageddon. Motor Actions Show to be re-themed to Marvel show in phase 1; then POTENTIALLY make way to HKDL Marvel E-Ticket post-2025.

Please read through my post history, most of this has already been cleared up before ;)

JohnyKaz2078

4) No, Spidy dark ride instead of Armageddon. Motor Actions Show to be re-themed to Marvel show in phase 1; then POTENTIALLY make way to HKDL Marvel E-Ticket post-2025.

Two Avengers rides next to each other? (RnRC is also getting an overlay with an Avengers theme).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom