Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

JohnyKaz2078

Oh I’m talking about the large theater in DISCOVERYLAND. Sorry, I keep saying tomorrowland :banghead:.

The large building with the jules verne zeppelin in front with the cafe inside. Last time I was there they were playing the old mickey or pixar shorts as I remember..
Oh that's interesting. I didn't know it.
Speaking of Discoveryland, it feels like a complete thematic mess right now with additions like Buzz Lightyear and Mickey's PhilharMagic. I'm very unhappy with the new direction of the land, as it was so brilliantly conceived (reaching its peak with the addition of Space Mountain: De la Terre à la Lune).

Discoveryland is the compelete mess that it is right now because of Disney's mania with IPs. Buzz Lightyear opened in 2004 and replaced CircleVision360° to make something more appealing to children. The overlay of Space Mountain was compeletely unnecessary since Star Tours is some meters away (which doesn't fit thematically either). Unfortunately it seems that Discoveryland will continue to be like this for quite a long time.

fradz

Here are the "easy" expansion pads, approximately. There are more, for example next to Geysers .

This should make it more obvious why Adventureland is the chosen spot for the next ride, as there is a clear imbalance in the park.
There would also be a direct path connecting PotC and the IJA, which would really help guest flow.

Expansion DLP.png

Exact location of IJA ride:

Attachments

• adventureland_ija.jpg
    adventureland_ija.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Brainleech419

Here are the "easy" expansion pads, approximately. There are more, for example next to Geysers .

This should make it more obvious why Adventureland is the chosen spot for the next ride, as there is a clear imbalance in the park.
There would also be a direct path connecting PotC and the IJA, which would really help guest flow.

View attachment 296294

Exact location of IJA ride:
Yeah when I visited in june the only way to the Indiana roller coaster was through adventure isle

fradz

Quoting ED92 twitter (https://twitter.com/ED92live)

A (minor) sign that the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion project is progressing: an administrative commission ruled on July 18 that no public debate would be needed before construction begins.

Dizfg_eWkAArLT6.jpg

In short, this means that one of the administrative steps can be skipped for this project (Art. 1, no "public debate"). However, the phase mentioned on Art. 2 and Art. 3 is also quite time consuming..

fradz

Fresh news / updates on the rumors for both WDSP and DLP, quoting MPIL insider sources :

WDS:
  • Frozen to be ready for 2023; Star Wars for 2024.
  • Tower of Terror will indeed not be re-themed to Mission Breakout, but will lose Twilight Zone license eventually. Will still be Hollywood themed.

• A new "big" ride behind the Tower of Terror is indeed in the plans, facing the lake, yet to be announced (see my "expansion pad" white zone on post #189, with a connection to the lake).

DLP
  • Adventureland will get a splendid new expansion, it is definitely coming. I know everyone is very much impatient for the announcement, just hang in there.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
  • Tower of Terror will indeed not be re-themed to Mission Breakout, but will lose Twilight Zone license eventually. Will still be Hollywood themed.

Interesting - I wonder what they will do to the ride; what story changes it will bring (if any), and what this means for the original, timeless attraction in Florida.

RunningKoen

First of all, thank you so much @fradz for your constant feed of clear and excellent updates. Much appreciated!

I've quoted both update and drawing of the new ride behind ToT.

Excited after all this great news.

Fresh news / updates on the rumors for both WDSP and DLP, quoting MPIL insider sources :

• A new "big" ride behind the Tower of Terror is indeed in the plans, facing the lake, yet to be announced (see my "expansion pad" white zone on post #189, with a connection to the lake).

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I guess the story will change slightly. The twilight zone/4th dimension stuff can easily be changed into a horrorhotel. Haunted lifts.

If we're talking about Florida - I could only hope the story and the attraction stays the exact same and the only changes that occur are to the 4th dimension scene and to all references of The Twilight Zone.

Timothy_Q

WDS:
  • Frozen to be ready for 2023; Star Wars for 2024.

DLP
  • Adventureland will get a splendid new expansion, it is definitely coming. I know everyone is very much impatient for the announcement, just hang in there.
Any idea if the Adventureland expansion is supposed to open after all the WDS stuff?
Or should we expect it alongside the phases of WDS?

RunningKoen

It's supposed to open alongside yes. I heard 2022, 2024, so I'm not too sure right now, I should check that again but am on mobile right now

Is it possible to generate an overall list with (confirmed) attractions and lands and when they'll be added?

Lots of changes to both parks and the village, and i lost track of everything. IIRC, there'll be something new (big things!) each year starting in 2019.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting - I wonder what they will do to the ride; what story changes it will bring (if any), and what this means for the original, timeless attraction in Florida.

Hopefully nothing. Losing the TZ ip would mean no cool preshow video, no Rod Serling narration, and there would have to be a new music score. Downgrade.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Hopefully nothing. Losing the TZ ip would mean no cool preshow video, no Rod Serling narration, and there would have to be a new music. Downgrade.

Agreed %100, after that bombshell MB my ultimate desire is that ToT - the real one, the main one - remains untouched.

fradz

Is it possible to generate an overall list with (confirmed) attractions and lands and when they'll be added?
Lots of changes to both parks and the village, and i lost track of everything. IIRC, there'll be something new (big things!) each year starting in 2019.

In short, what I've heard (rumors):
October 2018: PhilharMagic @ DLP Discoveryland Theater. Not "full" version as the theater will not receive major upgrades, like a very wide screen or the animatronic. OFFICIAL
2019: New Chaparral theater with new Lion King show. Additionally, major rehabs such as Phantom Manor re-opening during the first quarter, Ratatouille getting the floors replaced, Tot getting the facade works completed, etc. OFFICIAL
2020: Not too sure, I would expect the changes to Disney Village to come around this time
2021: Marvel. RnRC retheme, Armaggedon showbuilding replaced by a dark ride, LMA being replaced by new Marvel show
2022: ? Supposedly the Adventureland expansion with IJA ?
2023: Frozen Land
2024: SW

Even larger uncertainties:
  • Regarding the ride behind Tot, I did not hear anything about an opening date, and no one is sure what it will be. Soarin' was mentioned but it's pure speculation.
  • Is the HKDL Marvel large E-Ticket coming in phase 2 of Marvel?
  • Is SWGE the full version? I've heard recently both yes and no.
  • Is the SW hotel still in the plans? When?
  • Is Frozen going to be just one DR or is there gonna be the coaster too?
  • When is the Adventureland E-ticket opening? 2022? 2024? Is it certain that it's IJA?
  • Is the TSPL Alien Saucers scrapped or not? Heard both yes and no
  • Will Cars Land eventually come on the right side of the lake, between TSPL and Frozen land?
  • Was the TRON rumor just a false rumor to scramble the tracks?

As you can see, I try to share as much as possible with you guys, but there is a lot of secrecy and people are contradicting each other. Wait and see, I guess.

Last edited:

Richard

October 2018: PhilharMagic @ DLP Discoveryland Theater. Not "full" version as the theater will not receive major upgrades, like a very wide screen or the animatronic. OFFICIAL
2019: Was supposed to be Iron Man Coaster re-theme of RnRC, but I don't see it happening. Most likely just big rehabs, such as Phantom Manor re-opening during the first quarter, Ratatouille getting the floors replaced, Tot getting the facade works completed, etc.
2020: Not too sure, I would expect the changes to Disney Village to come around this time
2021: Marvel. RnRC retheme, Armaggedon showbuilding replaced by a dark ride, LMA being replaced by new Marvel show

• Regarding the ride behind Tot, I did not hear anything about an opening date, and no one is sure what it will be. Soarin' was mentioned but it's pure speculation.
  • When is the Adventureland E-ticket opening? 2022? 2024? Is it certain that it's IJA?
  • Will Cars Land eventually come on the right side of the lake, between TSPL and Frozen land?

As you can see, I try to share as much as possible with you guys, but there is a lot of secrecy and people are contradicting each other. Wait and see, I guess.
Isn't the new Chaparel Theatre opening in 2019 with The Lion King show?

IMDREW

2019: New Chaparral theater with new Lion King show. Additionally, major rehabs such as Phantom Manor re-opening during the first quarter, Ratatouille getting the floors replaced, Tot getting the facade works completed, etc.

Thanks! So still a few years out on any "real" expansions. Glad things are finally happening for DLP. I guess the new lake and show should open with Frozen Land in 2023? Feels so far away :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom