Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

PorterRedkey

I'm curious about the show scene. If the Frozen coaster really is like SDMT, then it should have a scene inside the hill. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

PorterRedkey

The trolls, right? And they're the same stature as the seven dwarfs.
Perhaps, it could have some of the more popular characters too. Olaf, Swen, troll, maybe even Marshmallow to scare you before you go down the biggest drop - like in the Frozen Ever After ride. Anna and Elsa could be in a scene on the final brake run on the side of the coaster too.

I bet we get some trolls, but they have a lot of options.

douglasrickard

Maybe something from frozen 2. But they said in that new statement that that sauna guy made the track? Woah just imangine a sauna scene inside the hill haha

Yeah that was an interesting detail, easy to overlook as a clue wasn't it. You'd have thought they'd have just made it as sleighs going through snow (being chased by wolves would be good!)

fradz

I wonder if Paris will get the same or as speculated something using Shanghai's Pirates technology? Did I hear that or just that make up! lol
If Paris does get this one, maybe that would mean we would never get the Seven Dwarfs Coaster and get to keep Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Thanks for the update. Are you going to FanDaze Fradz?

Paris is getting a Frozen Land, whereas HKDL is getting a mini Frozen zone in their Fantasyland. Paris will get more, for sure.
Yes, the dark ride would be around Pirates' technology from what I'm hearing.
The coaster would be 7DMT clone layout wise (or very close to that), so indeed the Snow White dark ride in the Parc Disneyland would not be "threatened" by a 7DMT somewhere in Fantasyland.
Unfortunately I cannot attend the FanDaze as I had other plans already, but I will of course update you guys on what is happening there (if someone doesn't do it before me!)

Last edited:

douglasrickard

Paris is getting a Frozen Land, whereas HKDL is getting a mini Frozen zone in their Fantasyland. Paris will get more, for sure.
Yes, the dark ride would be around Pirates' technology from what I'm hearing.
The coaster would be 7DMT clone layout wise (or very close to that), so indeed the Snow White dark ride in the Parc Disneyland would not be "threatened" by a 7DMT somewhere in Fantasyland.
Unfortunately I cannot attend the FanDaze as I had other plans already, but I will of course update you guys on what is happening there (if someone doesn't do it before me!)

That makes sense that Hong Kong's is a mini Frozen zone compared to our future Frozen land. Would make sense to me if either Hong Kong kept this as an one-of-a-kind as Shanghai has Seven Dwarfs... and maybe Disneyland California got the Oaken's coaster when they get a mini zone to compliment WDW having Seven Dwarfs.

I'm going to FanDaze but haven't upgraded to the conference (yet).

IMDREW

@fradz do you know of anything planned for a new entrance look to the WDS park? I personally don’t like how it’s done now and hoped for a complete revamp from gate to TOT. Maybe revisit that 20’s idea they had for Main street.

fradz

@fradz do you know of anything planned for a new entrance look to the WDS park? I personally don’t like how it’s done now and hoped for a complete revamp from gate to TOT. Maybe revisit that 20’s idea they had for Main street.
Great question. Long before the announcement of this very large plan, the main talks I was aware of regarding WDSP was a new "placemaking". This placemaking was mainly to improve "La Place des Stars" (the place where the former Cinémagique is, along with Stitch Live & all). However, during that period of talks, there were some people who claimed that Studio 1 (the building you go through right after entering the park) would be demolished and everything there would be re-themed / improved. Ever since the major plan was announced, I have not heard anything about either La Place des Stars or the Studio 1 revamp, but I will ask this during the evening (~8 hours from now, for the American readers)

IMDREW

Great question. Long before the announcement of this very large plan, the main talks I was aware of regarding WDSP was a new "placemaking". This placemaking was mainly to improve "La Place des Stars" (the place where the former Cinémagique is, along with Stitch Live & all). However, during that period of talks, there were some people who claimed that Studio 1 (the building you go through right after entering the park) would be demolished and everything there would be re-themed / improved. Ever since the major plan was announced, I have not heard anything about either La Place des Stars or the Studio 1 revamp, but I will ask this during the evening (~8 hours from now, for the American readers)
Oh please do! I also hoped they would build a new sorcerers hat like DHS had as the parks weenie. I always thought that one would be perfect for WDS. Really excited to hear back from you!

fradz

No additional news so far, and I doubt that the discussions prior to the large announcement are still very relevant. Wait and see, will keep you posted if I learn more ;)

Donald Dutch

Tom Fitzgerald briefly spoke about the plans for WDS during a conference at the first Disney FanDaze. Not many new insights, but he revealed some details about his vision for Disneyland Paris. He acknowledged that the 'boomerang' circulation path is a problem. According to Tom WDS is missing a Main Street and a hub.

To make up for the missing Main Street they're adding a garden walkway that leads to the new lake. This walkway will be set up as Jardin des Tuileries, a large park in the center of Paris. As we already know, there will be a number if immersive lands around the lake. The Frozen land has to become the weenie of the park. Tom said Elsa's castle will be 'Matterhorn-esque'.

He also called this expansion 'the frist phase' and mentioned that they are making room so that the park can continue to grow in the future.

Robbiem

Tom Fitzgerald briefly spoke about the plans for WDS during a conference at the first Disney FanDaze. Not many new insights, but he revealed some details about his vision for Disneyland Paris. He acknowledged that the 'boomerang' circulation path is a problem. According to Tom WDS is missing a Main Street and a hub.

To make up for the missing Main Street they're adding a garden walkway that leads to the new lake. This walkway will be set up as Jardin des Tuileries, a large park in the center of Paris. As we already know, there will be a number if immersive lands around the lake. The Frozen land has to become the weenie of the park. Tom said Elsa's castle will be 'Matterhorn-esque'.

He also called this expansion 'the frist phase' and mentioned that they are making room so that the park can continue to grow in the future.

Really interesting post. I agree that WDS is probably the worst designed disney Park anywhere so layout changes can only be a good thing. I also think expanding the park further is the right thing, i know there is a contractual obligation for a third park but at the moment i would really rather see WDS and DLP built up first. I think the WDS rebuilding has the potential to be a really exciting project on a par with the expansions in hong kong and tokyo

RunningKoen

It's been discussed here before but the lay out change might be the most important thing of the entire expansion. The amount of new attractions is relatively low, but the placement of them, combined with the lake as central hub, will have a tremendous impact.

I'm really happy with this vision, and the confirmation of the hub layout, because it can change the fundamental problems with WDS, making it the half day park it is now.

Also. Evening show @ hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom