Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

peep

I'm not a fan of the Tron or Philarmagic rumours.

Tron would just clash too much, I mean, Star Tours is already a massive clash with the rest of the land, even behind the berm. If we get something from Shanghai's Tomorrrowland I'd prefer the Buzz update.

Philarmagic is really dated and also a 3D show, unless they decide to radically change the Videopolis interior and wall off the theatre section from the dining area this seems like an unrealistic rumour. They could throw it into the Captain EO theatre without having to change much but it still seems like a very unusual and pointless idea.

I love the idea of a water ride coming to Adventureland, quite excited to see what gets announced.

The addition of a coaster to the HK Frozen art is interesting, part of me hopes Paris and HK get slightly different areas to make them unique but I wouldn't say no to another family coaster for the Studios. Honestly I'm more excited about the rumour of the main ride having the same ride tech as Shanghai Pirates.

fTs

Philarmagic is really dated and also a 3D show, unless they decide to radically change the Videopolis interior and wall off the theatre section from the dining area this seems like an unrealistic rumour. They could throw it into the Captain EO theatre without having to change much but it still seems like a very unusual and pointless idea.

They intend to put it in the old EO theatre not Videopolis.

TiggerDad

On the thread relating to Indiana Jones coming to Animal Kingdom, an insider has indicated that they are planning to incorporate Indy into the Dinosaur ride at AK, not by cloning the Indy ride from California (which it already is an identical ride system) but something different that will still involve dinosaurs. He also indicated that Paris was footing much of the bill, so this ride would presumably be coming to DLP at some point soon.

cjkeating

On the thread relating to Indiana Jones coming to Animal Kingdom, an insider has indicated that they are planning to incorporate Indy into the Dinosaur ride at AK, not by cloning the Indy ride from California (which it already is an identical ride system) but something different that will still involve dinosaurs. He also indicated that Paris was footing much of the bill, so this ride would presumably be coming to DLP at some point soon.

This ride will fit DLP Adventureland so much better than AK. I'm still in denial this is happening at AK however. :(

Robbiem

An indy ride in Paris would be a great addition and one the resort could really market either as an addition to adventureland or as a new land in the studios park

fradz

[....]
- Still in Disco: Discoveryland Theatre will get Philharmagic "very soon" (they're saying by the end of 2018)
Confirmed

Immersive experiences through innovation and imagination. #DisneylandParis to open a new experience in October 2018. A 4D adventure in music and movement through Disney classics: Mickey’s PhilharMagic. #DLPInsidears

fradz

If opening this October, then I would guess that it's highly unlikely they'll be making a new film for this with different scenes.
That's correct, it seems to be the same film, even with less scenes actually as the Discoveryland Theatre will not be upgraded for the occasion (thus no bigger screen, and no AA)

That was quite an amazing announcement evening last night, I saw a picture they put up of the Santa Fe Hotel, but didn't understand what they were saying about it. Do you know, Fradz?
There were additional things announced, including for some hotels, but it's a long story to write and right now I'm headed to a theme park. I will reply in a couple of hours :)

Additionnally, the source who originally gave the PhilharMagic hint (the only one by the way, so shout out to the other french people who jumped in the conversation to disregard ED92) is now pointing that the new E-Ticket for Adventureland would be a Water Coaster themed around Moana.

RunningKoen

There were additional things announced, including for some hotels, but it's a long story to write and right now I'm headed to a theme park. I will reply in a couple of hours :)

Cant wait for the full reply, sounds promising!

Additionnally, the source who originally gave the PhilharMagic hint (the only one by the way, so shout out to the other french people who jumped in the conversation to disregard ED92) is now pointing that the new E-Ticket for Adventureland would be a Water Coaster themed around Moana.

Best news of the day :)

fradz

Well, Alain from D&M beat me to it, was quite a busy day today so I only had time to write up now!
You can check out the full announcements of the InsidEars here --> https://disneyandmore.blogspot.be/2018/05/dlp-update-20-insideears-event.html

Regarding the DLP E-ticket, I'm not sure how this water coaster rumor plays out, as there is another rumor about Indy coming to DAK & DLP, but other insiders are also adding substance to, or at least not ruling out the Moana Water coaster at the moment.

TiggerDad

Well, Alain from D&M beat me to it, was quite a busy day today so I only had time to write up now!
You can check out the full announcements of the InsidEars here --> https://disneyandmore.blogspot.be/2018/05/dlp-update-20-insideears-event.html

Regarding the DLP E-ticket, I'm not sure how this water coaster rumor plays out, as there is another rumor about Indy coming to DAK & DLP, but other insiders are also adding substance to, or at least not ruling out the Moana Water coaster at the moment.
I see the most important innovation has been brought over from WDW -- cupcakes!

RunningKoen

@fradz your article is amazing! Although some things have been rumoured before, it's nice to have such a detailled post.

The things I like: Disney Hotel and Disney Village refurb!

And yak, the tower of terror truly is in a terrible state.

peep

Ha, looks like I was totally wrong about Philarmagique. Seems weird they wouldn't update the theatre for the show, I suppose we'll find out in October! I do kinda love that despite announcing massive expansion plans they've just snuck in this extra thing for this year. Great work DLP.

Oh, I missed this rumour amongst all the other news! This would be a very welcome addition, times like this past weekend where it's crazy hot a water ride would be excellent. Moana themed would be lovely too. Not getting my hopes up just yet but this or Indy would make me a very happy fan.

fradz

Interestingly, seems like the Frozen Coaster concept art changed was not just an "alternative" version but is indeed what will happen at HKDL (see one of the competitors website for the article) .

Curious to see if this change will be reflect in the Paris version. Seems to be a 7DMT clone with different theming, as previously mentioned!

douglasrickard

Interestingly, seems like the Frozen Coaster concept art changed was not just an "alternative" version but is indeed what will happen at HKDL (see one of the competitors website for the article) .

Curious to see if this change will be reflect in the Paris version. Seems to be a 7DMT clone with different theming, as previously mentioned!

That's cool they're getting the coaster. I did think the art for the Magic Sleigh Ride concept like Mater's Junkyard did look really sweet though.
From videos the song "Heigh-Ho" in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train almost gets me teary eyed being a huge "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" fan. Plus out of "Frozen," those trolls are my least favourite characters... but it being a sleigh through snow should be good.

I wonder if Paris will get the same or as speculated something using Shanghai's Pirates technology? Did I hear that or just that make up! lol
If Paris does get this one, maybe that would mean we would never get the Seven Dwarfs Coaster and get to keep Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Thanks for the update. Are you going to FanDaze Fradz?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom