Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

Yes but it is way too expensive operationally and upfront for DLP to operate.

I've seen the cast photo for the Star Wars projection show on the Tower of Terror and I was amazed how many people are involved.

The show - unlike DHS - includes a version of the day time stage show (I can't remember what it is called) so they already have a significant number of characters and support staff involved.

It wouldn't surprise me and I would be overjoyed if we got the TDL Fantasmic on the new lake.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm French and I know very well the forums in France. ED92 is really a bad forum, they often say bull****. I recommend to you disneycentralplaza.com ;)

Otherwise the expansion is going to be presented officially in detail in a few weeks (at the beginning of April).
We could have Galaxy Edge's same version to DLR (with the millennium falcon ride :D).

..And sorry for my bad English

Thanks for the forum recommendation.

And you have very good English. Please keep posting. :)

fradz

I'm French and I know very well the forums in France. ED92 is really a bad forum, they often say bull****. I recommend to you disneycentralplaza.com ;)

@All: fyi, and this will be my only message about this: this is not true. Both forums are good, there is just an ongoing "war" between forums (ED92 and DCP). I remain neutral to this, am present on both forums (and other platforms), thus I can make the distinction between bull and real information. Also, a lot of fans in France seem to have trouble with the word "Rumor", which I believe is self-explanatory ;)

remy62

The ED92 website is great. But the ED92 forum is Bull****.
DCP is really really really much better.
You understood everything ;)
when there is a rumor, ED92 is going to believe in it and to transform the rumor into "official" while there is nothing official.
The problem with the rumors come from them, the majority of their information are always false.

Otherwise according to ED92 the latest rumors say that the Parisian version of Galaxy Edge would be the best 3, with improvements from others.

Last edited:

douglasrickard

@All: fyi, and this will be my only message about this: this is not true. Both forums are good, there is just an ongoing "war" between forums (ED92 and DCP). I remain neutral to this, am present on both forums (and other platforms), thus I can make the distinction between bull**** and real information. Also, a lot of fans in France seem to have trouble with the word "Rumor", which I believe is self-explanatory ;)

I've got to say I've checked out both with the help of the translate feature. If ever "Mary Poppins In Love" from the ED92 one (which does seem have a lot of insider info as well as armchair speculation of course) wants to come over here and say bonjour that will be great too!

I did listen to an amazing podcast called Dis After Dark with Jim Hill, and I know people say take his information with a pinch of salt but he came out with so much about WDS!

Here's the link to the Part Two which really gets into it: https://disafterdark.libsyn.com/

But to summarize and I'm paraphrasing Jim Hill from memory of course (yikes, I know!):
- They hope to create that moment on the lake where Elsa freezes it before running over it.
- In Disney Village, one thing they're thinking about (which I love the sound of) is having more of those studio buildings from the entrance in Disney Village istself. Inside which will be where they pretend to make films like "Beauty and the Beast" and "Cinderella" ..which would be restaurants.
- And in regard to possibly the back side of the Matterhorn in California becoming part of their Frozen land.. so I assumed it would be the same for WDS, they are considering making Arendelle as it was when the gates first opened. And not only would Rapunzel be visiting, but every other princess as well, all for meet n greets.

I was mostly intrigued by what he said their thought processes are about Disney Village which hasn't been decided yet due to factors from other parks' equivalents.

douglasrickard

Hey so PixieDust.be shared on twitter that Hong Kong have updated their Frozen concept art to include a rollercoaster - hello! what do you think - Paris has to be getting this in our mountain!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180505-082732.png
    Screenshot_20180505-082732.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 297

fradz

Ok, get ready. More rumors coming for Le Parc Disneyland.

I want to stress that these are rumors

Latest news would be:
- Phantom Manor rehab is MAJOR. Apparently will be with really new tech. A "Holiday" version is also being considered.
- In Discoveryland... TRON would be coming for 2022 (30years of the park) where Pizza Planet was. This is because European fans are coaster-hungry and BTM is currently the only coaster that everyone in the family does.
9FK0Q7M.jpg

- Also in Discoveryland: Space Mountain Mission 2 will be back in 2019, then will be a new mission later on (no date / year yet)
- Still in Disco: Discoveryland Theatre will get Philharmagic "very soon" (they're saying by the end of 2018)
- In Adventureland, coming for 2024, the ride would be a flume, Splash Mountain style but with a new theme. I quote here "A license that has made a name for itself in the recent years". (Maybe Moana?? What do you guys think?)

At least "some" announcements (not all of the above) are expected in the coming weeks.

Thanks to MarryPoppinsInLove (FR) for these above rumors

douglasrickard

There really is a huge space behind "Space". I must admit as I know have been using the translate function over at ED92 I'd heard about this!
That license must surely be Moana - sounds great actually.
I think the Phantom Manor refurb needs to be major - I think that whole end section is a let down for a Disney park.

What intrigues me, is that now the Jim Hill rumour also indicates princesses could have a major presence in Arendelle, and that also on ED92 or somewhere people were speculating that the trolls from Frozen could be placed in a Seven Dwarfs Mine train copy in Arendelle WDS.. I'm thinking is Snow White's Scary Adventure now safe in Fantasyland? (As there was talking of making that the new Princess Meet n Greet) and rumours of having a Mine Train possibly in Fantasyland.

RandySavage

They're putting "Lion King" in Frontierland, so why not put "Philharmagic" in Discoveryland. It's sad how the operators of DLP are so careless with theme in that theme park.

Following suit, the "splash mountain" rumor couldn't be Moana or Indiana Jones, because those would be too close to fitting the land's theme. It would have to be Zootopia or Wreck-it-Ralph or Black Panther, as those clash better with Adventureland's thematic setting.

cjkeating

They're putting "Lion King" in Frontierland, so why not put "Philharmagic" in Discoveryland. It's sad how the operators of DLP are so careless with theme in that theme park.

Following suit, the "splash mountain" rumor couldn't be Moana or Indiana Jones, because those would be too close to fitting the land's theme. It would have to be Zootopia or Wreck-it-Ralph or Black Panther, as those clash better with Adventureland's thematic setting.

I think you are being a touch harsh...

The Frontierland theatre since it's inception has generally had thematically inappropriate shows (when it hasn't been closed for extended periods of time to cut costs). The theatre is in a dead end of the park and doesn't harm the visual cohesiveness of Frontierland.

Also with the Discoveryland Theatre I'd personally rather it was in use rather than just left mothballed, modern day Disney is never going to create a thematically appropriate show for the Discoveryland Theatre and guests probably wouldn't go to see it either so I'd much rather have an extremely popular and enjoyable show like Philharmagic.

When you compare this to what they are doing to DCA or Guardians in Epcot these are both child's play.

cjkeating

Hope they can get Tron to fit in well into Discoveryland, its design might clash with everything else otherwise.

If Tron goes 'under the berm' then it could be a mini land (like Casey Junior/Canal Boat Ride in Fantasyland) which wouldn't clash with the steam punk Discoveryland theme. If anything it could be a nice thematic flow as Discoveryland already has the steampunk area at the front moving into the Star Wars area behind Space Mountain which would then flow into Tron.

cjkeating

Ok, get ready. More rumors coming for Le Parc Disneyland.

I want to stress that these are rumors

Latest news would be:
- Phantom Manor rehab is MAJOR. Apparently will be with really new tech. A "Holiday" version is also being considered.
- In Discoveryland... TRON would be coming for 2022 (30years of the park) where Pizza Planet was. This is because European fans are coaster-hungry and BTM is currently the only coaster that everyone in the family does.
9FK0Q7M.jpg

- Also in Discoveryland: Space Mountain Mission 2 will be back in 2019, then will be a new mission later on (no date / year yet)
- Still in Disco: Discoveryland Theatre will get Philharmagic "very soon" (they're saying by the end of 2018)
- In Adventureland, coming for 2024, the ride would be a flume, Splash Mountain style but with a new theme. I quote here "A license that has made a name for itself in the recent years". (Maybe Moana?? What do you guys think?)

At least "some" announcements (not all of the above) are expected in the coming weeks.

Thanks to MarryPoppinsInLove (FR) for these above rumors

Thanks for the update on the rumours... I try and follow what I can on Twitter but there are obviously lots of rumours on French forums that I can't keep a track of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom