Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

douglasrickard

Ah yeah I got confused with HKDL's Marvel location. So maybe HKDL's mountain will be a tall as Paris' but for a different reason - needing to be higher looking than their new castle.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for the updates! No Moana coaster I guess but maybe an indoor Jungle Cruise?!

As much as I love Jungle Cruise, what makes Jungle Cruise so great is the puns and other word nuances that would fall flat in a different language. And I think that doing a mix of French and English like they do in some shows there would lessen the experience for all.

douglasrickard

Why would Moana get a coaster and not a water ride?

I thought I read somewhere that they were thinking of a Moana coaster in Magic Kingdom Adventureland and they decided on the Tron coaster instead? It does get very cold in Paris, if it was a water ride maybe a lot of it would need to be indoors to get the tropical feeling.

BrianLo

It's worth pointing out again that the new Frozen show building in HKDL is significantly larger that Epcot's show building. By about a good 40%, maybe even 50%. I'm very confused on that project being described as a scene-for-scene Epcot clone. I kind of have to imagine at the very least it is plussed with reconfigured boats for capacity sake.

I also agree that the Paris land, as described, uses even larger facades than is planned for Hong Kong. I presume implying a larger show building.

Robbiem

One thing I don’t like from these plans is that Disney haven’t taken the opportunity to make a central icon for the park - the design reminds me of a universal park where you have different areas around a lagoon with no central focus like the castle, tree of life etc. I know we have the earful tower, tower of terror and frozen mountain but there isn’t anything which will stand out to identify the park which i think is a real shame

Timothy_Q

One thing I don’t like from these plans is that Disney haven’t taken the opportunity to make a central icon for the park - the design reminds me of a universal park where you have different areas around a lagoon with no central focus like the castle, tree of life etc. I know we have the earful tower, tower of terror and frozen mountain but there isn’t anything which will stand out to identify the park which i think is a real shame
That’s the Iger way.

A park icon would suggest the park has a theme or a message. Clearly something Iger and current Disney have no interest in.

RunningKoen

I thought their icon was the water tower like MGM's was?
img[

The Water Tower is used a sort of icon. However, it isn't a photo place like the castles or other park icons of WDW are. It's more a forgotten piece of decoration.

douglasrickard

It's been posted in another thread already (and as @fradz mentioned last week) Disney Village is officially now going to be "renewed," as the Vice President of Euro Disney says in a Forbes article that this is the "next step" after the attractions have been renewed. I don't know if that's part of the 2.4 billion? But it sounds like once they've completed Phantom Manor, Disney Village will be worked on next - even before visible WDS expansion work? https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/...to-french-entertainment-complex/#c6d55844bfc2
That area will finally look as beautiful as Fantasia Gardens hopefully. I can just imagine seeing that Frozen mountain over and through the Studio building arch from a beautiful Disney Springs style area once leaving the train station!
And actually I think that mountain beyond the studio building with the Walt Disney name on, makes for one pretty cool icon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Paris Studios has an Earfel Tower upfront and will have the Frozen castles inside dead center like it was a castle park. It looks like the ice castle will be up and behind the Arendelle castle and they'll both be reflected in the lake. I'm betting a few years after those castles are built, they'll become the main symbol for the parc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom