Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Jwhee

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog:
dlp238402934320984023fi.jpg

"This morning, Disney Chairman and CEO Robert A. Iger announced plans for a two billion euro, multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris alongside French President Emmanuel Macron at the Palais de l’Elysée in Paris. The new development will include a transformation of Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars, along with new attractions and live entertainment experiences. A new lake will be the focal point for entertainment experiences and connect each of the three new areas, completing one of the most ambitious projects at Disneyland Paris since its opening in 1992.

“We’re very excited about the future of Disneyland Paris and continue to invest in its long-term success,” said Iger. “The resort is already the leading tourist destination in Europe, and the transformative expansion we announced today will add even more of our beloved characters and unparalleled storytelling to create new lands, attractions and entertainment that further elevate the guest experience and drive new opportunities for tourism in this dynamic region.”

The multi-year development will roll out in phases beginning in 2021, significantly expanding Walt Disney Studios Park. Each new area will bring to life some of Disney’s most popular stories and characters, including the previously announced reimagining of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure with Iron Man."

LondonTom

Wow! Genuine expansion at the studios, its really needed there! Especially actual themed lands! Even Frozen looks fantastic (if its like the concept art at all).

Hopefully that long avenue to the lake gets something added, looks a little bland!

The only other bad point is that Galaxy's Edge seems to be an exact copy? But I suppose thats why we are getting it..

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Looks like a scaled back version of the Galaxy's Edge the two US parks are getting... maybe containing just the Millennium Falcon attraction (or something new altogether?). Arendalle looks to be taken straight from what was planned for Disney Sea (which I had the feeling had been canceled). Marvel certainly seems interesting as most of the buildings you see in that concept are already there. I mean, you repurpose/retheme the resturants/shops and they already talked about the Rock n' Roller Coaster retheme, but t looks at most only one new attraction here (in the top center behind the jet/aircraft). Given the long/skinny nature of the building, maybe a port/retheme of the Iron Man ride they added at Hong Kong?

Either way, some much needed investment to this park! (though I have to wonder how much this has an impact on the scope of the EPCOT overhaul)...

Phroobar

Star Wars:GE looks like just the stormtrooper escape ride and not the Falcon ride. I guess there will be no more studio tour.

Phroobar

Looking at the Marvel area, it look like Armageddon, Lights Motors Action and RocknRollercoaster are going away. Maybe RNRC and Armageddon are being rethemed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom