Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

mrflo

Yes, from my understanding the initial plans where to at some point add another ride to the Star Wars land, as a phase 2

The piece of land you are referring to is currently set as a green/nature space and not considered to be built on. DLP could change that in the future by rededicating another large area for this purpose. Maybe they will even make the Lion King area bigger than the initial SWGE area and already take some part of that land. We will find out once the building permits will be made public or until some insiders share the details.

However, the official plans including the one that you have added are the ones that have been publicly shared with the communities around DLP during the consultation phase. That's what is currently already approved.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I have heard that will be the case. Not significantly but discussions have been had regarding expanding the footprint.
DLP is definitely getting both the Lion King Land and a unique version of Pandora. Which park gets which I have no idea, but it’d make more sense for Lion King at DLP and Pandora at WDS. They’re both greenlit at this point.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Where would LK go in DLP?

I’m trying to think where there is room, but not familiar with possible areas? Somewhere near Indy, is there room there?

I know there’s space behind Discoveryland but it doesn’t fit in there thematically, plus I hope there will be another SW ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where would LK go in DLP?

I’m trying to think where there is room, but not familiar with possible areas? Somewhere near Indy, is there room there?

I know there’s space behind Discoveryland but it doesn’t fit in there thematically, plus I hope there will be another SW ride.
Indy uses just half of an expansion plot. But then you have the stage show being close but separate.

cjkeating

DLP is definitely getting both the Lion King Land and a unique version of Pandora.
My post may have not made sense unless you read the quote above it. My response was to say the Lion King area (due to be built where the Star Wars area was going to be) is going to have an expanded footprint versus Star Wars.
Which park gets which I have no idea, but it’d make more sense for Lion King at DLP.
I'm not aware of Pandora being green lit but if it is going anywhere it is WDSP.

nickys

Premium Member
Indy uses just half of an expansion plot. But then you have the stage show being close but separate.
The stage show was closed when we went so I forgot about that. As you walk up the path to Indy, where’s the stage show?

However I suspect both will go into WDSP anyway. Even though LK fits so much better into DLP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The stage show was closed when we went so I forgot about that. As you walk up the path to Indy, where’s the stage show?

However I suspect both will go into WDSP anyway. Even though LK fits so much better into DLP.
If you’re at the start of the path to Indy, go back on yourself. Turn right after Colonel Hathis and right again then go past Cowboy Cookout; Indy circled at the top, theatre bottom left. Also the existing expansion next to Indy in green:

IMG_1342.jpeg

wdrive

I don’t think a stage show should dictate what and where expansions go. In a perfect world stage shows would be replaced every 5 years or so. There’s also the Hakuna Matata restaurant which is not next to the show

Last edited:

mrflo

There have been some comments/hints on X and a French forum that WDS might change its name as part of the transformation as well. Anyone who knows more? Any thoughts?

Another clue about WDS changing its name:

Adding it to this forum section as well for further discussions.

Without knowing the new name yet, my initial reaction: sounds like another Marketing initiative rather than a WDI/creative driven decision to me.

XenoYosh

Indeed, a new name for the studios park is expected at the next event (04/12/24) :

Timothy_Q

Walt Disney Studios is not a very good park name imo, considering it's the same name of the actual studio it forces people to use "Park" afterwards to specify which one you're talking about, making it a needlessly long name while also being very nondescript

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom