Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

nickys

Premium Member
It's an extra media concert too. Lion King seems to be an interesting choice, but the other media event on the 12th is to “share new information on the projects in progress”, so no new projects

So it’s media-only add-on?

As for the choice of Lion King, that just confirms the rumours surely? Maybe they’ll confirm it there, or at the investor’s meeting the week before.

mrflo

There are a few tickets for Euro Disney Club members (ex-shareholders) for sign-up as well. The presentation will be held at 2pm at the Studio Theatre. The concert including an Alice show preview will be held at the convention centre of NPBC that evening.

Sir_Cliff

This is one of the ongoing projects about which I am most curious as so little has leaked beyond the vague rumour of a Lion King land including an attraction and I'm struggling so hard to envision what a Lion King land might look like. Every other rumour I can kind of visualise!

cjkeating

As for the choice of Lion King, that just confirms the rumours surely?
If they don't announce the Lion King land I feel like they are trolling us hard.
Are they not planning to clone the Avengers ride from DCA and HKDL?
You are assuming the Avengers ride from DCA and HKDL exists...

HKDL seems to have been dead in the water for a long time. DCA has been rebooted so many times and may or may have not been knocked down the line by Avatar.

LondonTom

This is one of the ongoing projects about which I am most curious as so little has leaked beyond the vague rumour of a Lion King land including an attraction and I'm struggling so hard to envision what a Lion King land might look like. Every other rumour I can kind of visualise!
Yeah its intriguing, even if I am not overly excited by Lion King land itself 😂 So many questions on it to be answered!

Maybe on April 12th we get a very brief preview/overall idea or hint announced with more detail coming at D23?

britain

And I think this helps show the scale of this one project:

Great to see all the work. But I do think this new body of water is closer to Echo Lake than World Showcase Lagoon. So concept art to the contrary, there were never going to be Friendship Boats.

mrflo

There are many things like the updates to WDS Frontlot, the Studio One makeover, the changes (greenification) to Production Courtyard, etc. that we already know of but actually have not been officially announced yet. Apart from the already ongoing work and closure notes, we have not seen any official artwork or descriptions about those changes. So I guess the focus of the presentation on April 12th might be on those announcements plus some progress updates on the new English garden & lake area including Frozen & the Alice show.

That's at least what I think could be a realistic expectation. Even though I do think this would be a great occasion to paint a fuller picture of the WDS transformation for the next 3-4 years including the Lion King & a proper outline of the new thematic direction of the park. This would deserve a decent time slot and not just a few minutes (or even seconds) at the usually more US-focused D23 presentation in August.

There have been some comments/hints on X and a French forum that WDS might change its name as part of the transformation as well. Anyone who knows more? Any thoughts?

cjkeating

Great to see all the work. But I do think this new body of water is closer to Echo Lake than World Showcase Lagoon. So concept art to the contrary, there were never going to be Friendship Boats.
Echo Lake a is basically a pond so it's bigger than that. I think the closest approximation is the Big Thunder Mountain "river" but without BTM in it.

nickys

Premium Member
Can someone just paint me a picture of the layout please? I don’t know what direction north is at DLP so I’ll have to use left & right!

If you approach the lagoon through the SoA /ToT area, you’ll come to the English gardens and Tangled ride, with Frozen across the lake. Is the Lion King land going on the left or right of the lake?

mrflo

If you approach the lagoon through the SoA /ToT area, you’ll come to the English gardens and Tangled ride, with Frozen across the lake. Is the Lion King land going on the left or right of the lake?
Lion King is supposed to take the space where a lighter version of SW:GE was planned to be. You can see this area with yellow-coloured buildings in the plan below - below the Stunt Show arena. The actual size and shape of Lion King would probably differ though.

You would turn left at the lake coming from the English Garden / Tot area.

D6wxXu-XYAITR05

Toni25

Lion King is supposed to take the space where a lighter version of SW:GE was planned to be. You can see this area with yellow-coloured buildings in the plan below - below the Stunt Show arena. The actual size and shape of Lion King would probably differ though.

You would turn left at the lake coming from the English Garden / Tot area.

D6wxXu-XYAITR05
Something that doesn't seem to work with this placement is that in the case of Star Wars, an expansion was supposed to take place and another attraction was supposed to fit between Frozen and ROTR building in the future....now if it where Lion King, would they expand that land? 🥴 It seems like a waste of space to position it like the old plan.

cjkeating

Something that doesn't seem to work with this placement is that in the case of Star Wars, an expansion was supposed to take place and another attraction was supposed to fit between Frozen and ROTR building in the future....now if it where Lion King, would they expand that land? 🥴 It seems like a waste of space to position it like the old plan.
I don't fully understand your question, another land can fit in between Frozen and Star Wars/Lion King?

Toni25

I don't fully understand your question, another land can fit in between Frozen and Star Wars/Lion King?
wds2.jpg

Yes, from my understanding the initial plans where to at some point add another ride to the Star Wars land, as a phase 2, behind the "berme", next to Frozen. As can be seen in the picture, another E-Ticket fits there. I can't seem to find photos, but someone made measurements and added a building there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom