Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

mrflo

DLP has launched an official page with FAQs about the renovation works in Walt Disney Studios Park:
Planned works at Disneyland Paris

As mentioned before, they are confirming the "full closure of Disney Studio 1 (including all its services) from end April 2024 until Spring of 2025."

What is also interesting is that they are now saying that "these works will include pavement work behind fences in several areas of the Park across several phases from October 2023 to late 2025."

This could be a hint of what I have already read as rumours on other forums: the opening the expansion area including the Frozen mini-land is now aiming for a late 2025 date rather than summer. Looking at the visible construction progress of that area I think that another two full years of construction might not be unreasonable. Disney might also want to prefer to push the completion into the 2026 financial year as well - which starts Oct 1st 2025.

mrflo

2028 then I guess 😂
So true. 😆 Once the Frozen opening gets delayed, it would not be that unusual to have a domino effect for the subsequent projects. Disney usually wants to capitalize on the opening of each attraction as much as possible.

With Frozen & Lion King both having family (boat?) rides based on an animation IPs, the main target audience should be similar if not the same. While Star Wars or Avatar would be more complementary and mainly attract different new visitors than Frozen.

Toni25

With Frozen & Lion King both having family (boat?) rides based on an animation IPs, the main target audience should be similar if not the same. While Star Wars or Avatar would be more complementary and mainly attract different new visitors than Frozen.

I just thought the same thing...two boat rides next to eachother by the end of the long path to the lake...so strange.
Even more strange that there are rumours of a Star Wars COASTER coming near Discoveryland? (near THE most famous coaster in the park).
Who takes these decisions? Why not but Lion King in Adventureland...and the Star Wars coaster in the Studios?

cjkeating

Why not but Lion King in Adventureland...and the Star Wars coaster in the Studios?
Lion King in Studios as they want to keep Adventureland "human/real world" based as opposed to a cartoon animal world.

Star Wars I don't know for sure but I think it does work on many levels...
1) Disneyland Parc needs something new
2) Galaxy's Edge "lite" won't seem so "lite" when it is a sub area of Discoveryland
3) Star Tours can be the support ride
4) Consolidates Star Wars in one location
5) Hyperspace Mountain can be removed
6) WDSP can have an alternative live action land... Pandora?

J4546

i think its gonna be weird if they havev 3 lands around the lake, 2 animated and the other not....itll be a weird balance imo. maybe all 3 will be based on animated worlds? I mean a toontown would be pretty awesome in Paris imo

Sir_Cliff

I'm honestly very puzzled at what their vision for WDS is if the plan is for a Frozen land and a Lion King land around that lake. They have a park next-door that is a perfect home for these animated IPs and so many great film franchises apart from the animated classics that would fit perfectly in the studios-themed park.

UNCgolf

I'm honestly very puzzled at what their vision for WDS is if the plan is for a Frozen land and a Lion King land around that lake. They have a park next-door that is a perfect home for these animated IPs and so many great film franchises apart from the animated classics that would fit perfectly in the studios-themed park.

Does Disney really have a vision for their theme parks on an individual level anymore? They seem pretty happy just putting things wherever they have space for them; they don't appear to care too much about park differentiation beyond a superficial level (and not even there at times).

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Wait - Disneyland Paris is getting a Lion King land ???!!!???

Sir_Cliff

Does Disney really have a vision for their theme parks on an individual level? They seem pretty happy just putting things wherever they have space for them; they don't seem to care too much about park differentiation beyond a superficial level (and not even there at times).
I guess they don't. That has been the most disappointing thing about all the WDS developments: the Studio theme seems an afterthought if it is considered at all.

Apparently. I find it hard to believe, but it seems to be gaining currency and no insiders have suggested it is just a fan theory so far.

cjkeating

I'm honestly very puzzled at what their vision for WDS
Does Disney really have a vision for their theme parks on an individual level?
If you look at the other park expansions around the world in the last 10 years you’ll see a majority of the expansions have been “dump an IP we want to focus on in a park, thematic integrity doesn’t matter.”

My view on the Studio park expansion is it saves Disneyland Parc from having as many non-appropriate IP expansions and bolsters Studio park with more attractions.

Does anyone really want Arandelle looming over the back of Fantasyland? And I don’t think Lion King would fit the “real world lived in” theme of our Adventureland.
the Studio theme seems an afterthought
We need to train our brain to think of “studio” in a different way. Not a studio where films are made but the different branches of the Walt Disney Company.
Walt Disney Animation Studio
Marvel Studios
Pixar (Studios)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
We need to train our brain to think of “studio” in a different way. Not a studio where films are made but the different branches of the Walt Disney Company.
Walt Disney Animation Studio
Marvel Studios
Pixar (Studios)
Perhaps the new theme of the Studios is "Hollywood through Disney's Eyes." To be fair, the major Hollywood genres (fantasy, action, animation, adventure if the TLK rumor is true) will be well-represented in the park once it's completed.

mrflo

i think its gonna be weird if they havev 3 lands around the lake, 2 animated and the other not....itll be a weird balance imo. maybe all 3 will be based on animated worlds? I mean a toontown would be pretty awesome in Paris imo
I was visiting DLR & Universal in California in September and been thinking the same thing about Toontown. They could upgrade the land for WDS by adding a family-friendly coaster, a bigger playground as well as adding even more interactive elements. Universal is doing a great job with the magic wands at Harry Potter and the Power-Up bands at Super Nintendo World. Maybe they could come up with something similar for Toontown in WDS. Next to rides, additional space & infrastructure, the park also needs more places to just explore.

Especially for Mickey & Minnie's 100th anniversary in 2028, Toontown would be a perfect addition to celebrate it in DLP.

mrflo

Perhaps the new theme of the Studios is "Hollywood through Disney's Eyes."
I hope there will be also more elements to have "Hollywood though Walt Disney's eyes". It the only park name that contains his first name. Would be great to see more many more references than the partner statue once the renovation of Studio One and Front Lot is completed. I personally would also not mind them adding One Man's Dream and an extended exhibit to the Animation building.

I was visiting the Disney Studio Lot in Burbank, Walt's family apartment in Disneyland and the Disney Family Museum in SF a few weeks ago. There is plenty of rich history and legacy that could inspire the WDI team to add some more heart and soul to WDS.

mrflo

There is lots of discussion on the French fan forums right now. I am not reading much about the (mini?) land itself but mainly about its (main?) attraction. Here is one comment by the member disneylandmagic:

"the best log* flume ever made at Disney / many AAs / 14 min of ride time / more than 20 scenes"

*People also hint that it might not be a typical log flume ride but using a higher capacity boat as e.g. Jurassic Park - The Ride.

European1992

There is lots of discussion on the French fan forums right now. I am not reading much about the (mini?) land itself but mainly about its (main?) attraction. Here is one comment by the member disneylandmagic:

"the best log* flume ever made at Disney / many AAs / 14 min of ride time / more than 20 scenes"

*People also hint that it might not be a typical log flume ride but using a higher capacity boat as e.g. Jurassic Park - The Ride.

This sounds awesome, so I doubt it, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom