Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Jordan dby

It seems to have reached capacity at least 30 times over the last year, despite large price increases.

Whilst AP are going up, if you price up a hotel stay and park tickets I think most will find that has gone up by even more %, like for like. You used to get a 20% discount AND free dining if you booked 6 months in advance, now the prices have increased and any freebies or special offers are gone.

Everyone, including CEO Bob acknowledges prices are high, but the parks are still full. And this isn't just disney but other theme parks and leisure industry players (holidays, restuarants) too. I don't quite get it but remain convinced a mother of all recessions is coming soon

cjkeating

Something that I think needs to be considered is that DLP is at least a year behind WDW in the 'revenge travel' phase due to how France opened much slower than Florida after COVID. As well as that DLP has had a successful 30th and launch of Avenger's Campus.

I would expect (like WDW is now pulling discount levers) to see Paris do this to some extent from 1st January 2024 through early Summer/WDSP opening in 2025 due to a similar lull.w

After that who knows, maybe DLP will realise that if you get into a 2 yearly cycle of a significant invesetment it will carry your bookings without having discount?

SplashJacket

Nothing revolutionary from the looks of it, but a definite improvement. One of the coolest things from Guardians is when you enter and just the quantity and density of stars just looks so surreal. So if it replicates a fraction of that in real life, it’s a win.

Disappointing the launch wasn’t improved, but understandable due to the lack of closure. There’s no reason Iron Man isn’t flying beside and over you during the launch.

Supersnow84

This is good, flight force is a good anchor for avengers campus even if it isn’t the most unique attraction

Definitely better than the HK problem and I’m glad they are making efforts to improve it

LondonTom

Agreed, a slight improvement in that you are not just sitting in darkness but given it seems such a simple addition why wasn't it done in the first place? 😂😂

It still feels cheap, and they should really have just taken out the RnRC track/building and done it properly with the Guardians system (Even if they still used the base Iron Man/Captain Marvel story instead to make it different)

Supersnow84

Agreed, a slight improvement in that you are not just sitting in darkness but given it seems such a simple addition why wasn't it done in the first place? 😂😂

It still feels cheap, and they should really have just taken out the RnRC track/building and done it properly with the Guardians system (Even if they still used the base Iron Man/Captain Marvel story instead to make it different)
I just don’t think they have that sort of money right now (or refuse to spend it), they’ve already scaled back parts of WDS expansion and R&RC isn’t a bad ride even with subpar effects

Moon knight

Los Angeles Theatres: El Capitan Theatre: street views 1955 to the present
24 Best Outdoor Patios for Alfresco Dining in Los Angeles

Hope it helps...

Moon knight

The new exit of Studio 1 (towards the L.A. Broadway area and the rest of the Park) will lead you through a renowned Hollywood Theatre (Pantages or El Capitan), you'll then be leaving the showbuilding by chosing one of the two new exits of its fake ticket lobby in which you'll recognize some WDS attraction posters designed as movie posters. This blog should give you an idea : http://dlpexplorersclub.blogspot.com/2013/05/faux-attraction-posters-vol-2.html

Fun fact the author of this blog is now a DLP imagineer...

So the layout will be quite similar to the Diagon Alley (USF) brick wall entrance since you won't follow a direct path.

In brief,
the tube station = hollywood theatre facade inside Studio 1
brick walls = small theatre lobby
Diagon Alley= L.A. Broadway area

As I said...

mrflo

A model of a previous iteration provided by Ally! via Twitter/X:

Even if this might not be the exact version that we will end up with, it helps to get a better visualisation of what they are planning to do. On the entrance side you can see the facade of one of the buildings from the Disney Studios lot. On the other side you can see the El Capitan theatre facade where guests will enter the rest of the park.

Toni25

A model of a previous iteration provided by Ally! via Twitter/X:

Even if this might not be the exact version that we will end up with, it helps to get a better visualisation of what they are planning to do. On the entrance side you can see the facade of one of the buildings from the Disney Studios lot. On the other side you can see the El Capitan theatre facade where guests will enter the rest of the park.

I don't fully understand what I'm looking at? So on one side the facades are ripped out and there will just be a wall? Are those seating areas for the restaurant?

LondonTom

I don't fully understand what I'm looking at? So on one side the facades are ripped out and there will just be a wall? Are those seating areas for the restaurant?
Yeah even more confused by the model, if anything it looks like there will be less space to walk through as it looks like the seating areas are coming into the walkway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom