Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

Unless there is a big surprise in the Frozen sleigh ride I think WDSP can do much better for a new for a new family coaster. As far as I am aware the sleigh ride is the equivalent of a heavily themed Barnstormer.

Supersnow84

True but Hong Kong is limited in space based on where it is and they had LegCo to contend with

The only way they could have made a bigger coaster than WOSS is to use up the nearby toy story pad, slide the entire land towards Toy Story land then you might have been able to fit a 7DMT in the space WOSS currently is, a mess of a concept to execute especially since WOSS wasn’t even the original ride for that footprint, and the design also allows them to fit a theatre

Honestly I think Hong Kong struck Gold with the size and composition of their arendelle (remember Hong Kong is built on a design philosophy of many small lands is better than few big lands), Paris seems to be getting the short end of the stick with this theoretically non size limited land that only is gonna have FEA

Supersnow84

You think this coaster is lesser effort than not building anything at all? Id say wds is more guilty of “good enough” than hkdl arendelle.
I will say the original plan for the HK land definitely filled the “good enough is good enough” mantra, a clone of an only semi favourably received ride and a rethemed cloned of the forgotten second ride of one of the best lands imagineering has ever made all built in a land that if you don’t understand HK’s design philosophy looks like a far too small land in a too small park

The reimagined land adding a totally unique coaster (even if at its core it’s an over themed barnstormer with show scenes) and a full theatre was a good move, arendelle just seems to be copping flak for the park wide sentiment of potentially losing the quinjet, so a double d ticket land comes off as a waste when the park needs a new headliner to match mystic manor

I agree WDS is definitely in its current form the poster child of “good enough is good enough”, I know it’s also to add expansion pads but they are really doubling the length of the park with a massive promenade so you can catch a boat over to a full land to go on FEA, that reals of wasted potential way more than HK who is using arendelle to fill out the park in a useful way

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You think this coaster is lesser effort than not building anything at all? Id say wds is more guilty of “good enough” than hkdl arendelle.
You aren't wrong. But "good enough" has been the core tenet of the parks since Iger took over as CEO. I'm saying people are rewarding "good enough" with the flawed "it's better than nothing" argument. Neither are good or correct ways of thinking. If people would practice a modicum of self-control and stop going, things would change. But we all know that self-control is a completely alien concept to 95% of the world these days, it's all about instant gratification, "I/we/my deserve this!!!", et al.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I will say the original plan for the HK land definitely filled the “good enough is good enough” mantra, a clone of an only semi favourably received ride and a rethemed cloned of the forgotten second ride of one of the best lands imagineering has ever made all built in a land that if you don’t understand HK’s design philosophy looks like a far too small land in a too small park

The reimagined land adding a totally unique coaster (even if at its core it’s an over themed barnstormer with show scenes) and a full theatre was a good move, arendelle just seems to be copping flak for the park wide sentiment of potentially losing the quinjet, so a double d ticket land comes off as a waste when the park needs a new headliner to match mystic manor

I agree WDS is definitely in its current form the poster child of “good enough is good enough”, I know it’s also to add expansion pads but they are really doubling the length of the park with a massive promenade so you can catch a boat over to a full land to go on FEA, that reals of wasted potential way more than HK who is using arendelle to fill out the park in a useful way

If my age- and Covid-addled brain isn't failing me today, I thought WDSP was going to have a larger physical footprint than DLP when this expansion is done but still have fewer things to do.

Supersnow84

If my age- and Covid-addled brain isn't failing me today, I thought WDSP was going to have a larger physical footprint than DLP when this expansion is done but still have fewer things to do.
Which just exasperates WDS (and DHS) terrible design

WDS was already terribly designed from a pathway perspective and now they want to essentially double its footprint for what amounts to a long walk to frozen ever after

If they wanted to expand its footprint that fast they should have had something else to put down that end of the park, I know GE was originally planned to go there but if that did get cancelled they need a replacement, WDS already suffers far too much from being a patchwork mess of a park

Supersnow84

You aren't wrong. But "good enough" has been the core tenet of the parks since Iger took over as CEO. I'm saying people are rewarding "good enough" with the flawed "it's better than nothing" argument. Neither are good or correct ways of thinking. If people would practice a modicum of self-control and stop going, things would change. But we all know that self-control is a completely alien concept to 95% of the world these days, it's all about instant gratification, "I/we/my deserve this!!!", et al.
Also one this while I don’t necessarily disagree with your core tenant what would you suggest HK should have done, not trying to invalidate your point just genuinely interested in what alternative HK had here

WDS is unirouncally much better example of this problem regardless unless you want to discuss launch day HK which was more eisner’s fault

fradz

And here it is... The Alice stunt show article from Outsidears

Sir_Cliff

lol an alice in wonderland bmx stunt show??? ok, never saw this coming but Im down
I'd be down for it if it were these Alice in Wonderland characters doing BMX stunts.

1686085393190.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom