Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Moon knight

Avengers E. Eventually. Maybe.
Lol
Brace yourself for the return of the Mad T Party on BMX haha 🤣 Expect it to be as "temporary" as Cars Road Trip, so it will likely stay 5 years (2024-2029) in the best case scenario. The show had to be somehow connected to the Lake Promenade theme. Here the Tim Buron's movie will be their main inspiration...

Last edited:

fradz

Lol
Brace yourself for the return of the Mad T Party on BMX haha 🤣 Expect it to be as "temporary" as Cars Road Trip, so it will likely stay 5 years (2024-2029) in the best case scenario. The show had to be somehow connected to the Lake Promenade theme. Here the Tim Buron's movie will be their main inspiration...

Wait wait wait, that’s serious ? I thought it was a joke

Moon knight

?
Wait wait wait, that’s serious ? I thought it was a joke
It's not. I've been told last month that they wanted to adapt the "Mad T party" show from DCA with the stunt show arena, hence the BMX. I could see that cancelled. As Ally mentioned it on her (his?) Twitter account, the Arena would need to be entirely refurbished to welcome again visitors in 2024, merely 5 years after its last show.

Animaniac93-98

Early DCA lives on in Paris!

1684548947997.png

Jwhee

Original Poster
Very curious as to why they removed the car stunt show to begin with if they’re now going to replace it with… bicycles?

Wouldn’t anyone find cars to be much more exciting?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Very curious as to why they removed the car stunt show to begin with if they’re now going to replace it with… bicycles?

Seems to be a stop gap kind of thing. The Arena long term was apparently meant to go. Then Covid happened. The garage was repurposed. Perhaps noise from the cars would be considered too obtrusive for the new lane. Hopefully this would be a short stay thing since making it Avengers with cars might not be worth it. It’s not something I’d run to.

Sam_Sam

As having dolphins or animals in a park is not very popular, maybe car shows doesn't excite everyone as well nowadays.

cjkeating

Seems to be a stop gap kind of thing. The Arena long term was apparently meant to go. Then Covid happened. The garage was repurposed. Perhaps noise from the cars would be considered too obtrusive for the new lane. Hopefully this would be a short stay thing since making it Avengers with cars might not be worth it. It’s not something I’d run to.
Yeah. To me this feels like Cars Road Trip just on the opposite side of the park, a short term 'capacity absorber' that won't attract guests but will give them something to do. I am assuming they think next year will continue to be strong from an attendance perspective and not the usual post anniversary drop off as WDSP will have this and the Pixar show as additional capacity next year or they are just seeing a shift in attendance from DLP to WDSP.

I feel like everyone is too critical about these minor additions that are being added to WDSP... people still complain that the Hollywood Studio's expansion didn't add capacity and only added E/D tickets and there was no filler... everyone expected updated shows in place of BATB and Little Mermaid but that never happened etc. Whereas when Frozen opens in 2025 there will be 5 stage shows all less than 10 years old, I think 4 5 years or less.

LondonTom

I feel like everyone is too critical about these minor additions that are being added to WDSP... people still complain that the Hollywood Studio's expansion didn't add capacity and only added E/D tickets and there was no filler... everyone expected updated shows in place of BATB and Little Mermaid but that never happened etc. Whereas when Frozen opens in 2025 there will be 5 stage shows all less than 10 years old, I think 4 5 years or less.
But they are not well-themed filler/capacity designed to support the rest of the park, they are mostly poor cheap stop-gaps that will overstay their welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom