Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

J4546

God that original Disney-MGM Studios Europe is my biggest what if with the company. It would have taken the Golden Age of Hollywood and real studio setting of WDW's Studios while eliminating the original's flaws, mainly with WDW's being designed as a half day park with limited expansion space. This one would have been big, beautiful and full of action (also how I like my women ;) )

My only dislike of the original line-up was the replacement of The Great Movie Ride with a show. Wich ended up being Cinemagique in the actually built park. While that show was wonderful and I would love to see its return, the lack of GMR would have been noticeable.

View attachment 714141
😍 If only...
Would been cool but im not a fan of studios aesthetics unless theres a real studio like in USH. Still would been much much better then what they built though. Also my biggest what if is IJ and the lost expedition.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would been cool but im not a fan of studios aesthetics unless theres a real studio like in USH. Still would been much much better then what they built though. Also my biggest what if is IJ and the lost expedition.

It would have been a working studio as well. The red dash line in the overhead picture depicts the actual production area.
Let’s not forget WDSP had a working studio in 2002.

Moon knight

Nice editing (as always !) but the expansion pads of both the 4th land of WDSP and Discoveryland are not accurate, permits for Star Wars were never meant to be released with Frozen's, Pandora (if built) won't be a smaller version of DAK, the Lion King land will not feature the decaying DAK show as its main experience but an E-ticket, and so on.

Hence the reason why, in journalism, people expect sources rather than the vague "according to insiders" mention

Last edited:

XenoYosh

When can we expect some news about this expansion ?
September with the D23 Destination ? :/

If they want a Lion King Land in 2027, they to file the building permit this year (in my opinion)
Open the lake and Frozen with a empty ground would be a bad idea..

Moon knight

When can we expect some news about this expansion ?
September with the D23 Destination ? :/

If they want a Lion King Land in 2027, they to file the building permit this year (in my opinion)
Open the lake and Frozen with a empty ground would be a bad idea..
DLP PR teams never wanted to let D23 Expo or Destination announce anything major for the European resort (because of the time difference mainly), I doubt it will change anytime soon...

DonniePeverley

DLP PR teams never wanted to let D23 Expo or Destination announce anything major for the European resort (because of the time difference mainly), I doubt it will change anytime soon...

2027 ?!?!!?!?! What are they building an entire new park with that sort of nonsensical timescale.

Ridiculous.

Just build some attractions in a normal timescale for crying out loud !

2027 ?!?!!?!?! What are they building an entire new park with that sort of nonsensical timescale.

Ridiculous.

It actually is a normal timescale. According to P. Cornelis in the book Investment Thrills an investment has about 3 years of impact on the attendance. The first year is the most with it decreasing each year after. So having a large scale investment every 2/3 years in an existing park is more than enough to drag out the return on investment through visitor growth. Once investments stop there will be a bounce back effect, but it can be resolved by investing every 2/3 years.

BubbaisSleep

Ridiculous.

The irony because you also have a problem with the speed they’re quickly building a whole new Universal theme park opening in 2025. Going by your statement above, 4-5 years is now a reasonable amount of time to build a new theme park.

Last edited by a moderator:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From Music on Parade Facebook:

IMG_0678.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom