Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
So after all this time - and the indignity of going 167 pages on WDWmagic forums, they have no clear concrete plan for the second land. Perhaps there will be no second land.
There definitely will be lol barring some economic collapse.

A third land, who knows, though.

But it is rather disappointing how long this is taking.

cjkeating

So after all this time - and the indignity of going 167 pages on WDWmagic forums, they have no clear concrete plan for the second land. Perhaps there will be no second land.
DLP have a plan for the 2nd land, they are just building everything else first, as was always the plan.

As far as they are concerned we believe the concept art on the wall at WDSP that thousands of people walk past every day and we are getting a mini-Galaxy's Edge so why would they need to say anything urgently?

Moon knight

My theory is that they'll wait till the end of this year/ beginning of 2024 before announcing the Lion King. They might even end up killing two birds with one stone by explaining that they still plan on doing something ambitious later on with Star Wars ( in Discoveryland). It would thus be presented as a fair compromise for the infuriated DLP fans 😅

Once again DLP future will be akin to Universal Hollywood's, they will still cherish the successful parts of the current parks and make their core experiences even more special (Studio 1 reimagining, Space Mountain 4.0, DLH 2.0, Disney Village 2.0) while bringing some successful experiences from the rest of the world (Frozen, Avatar, a version of Galaxy's Edge) alongside some exclusive stuffs ( Art Nouveau Promenade, the Lion King, Pixar Together, etc.).

J4546

After all the wrk done in DSP with the lake, frozen land, new small rides and pathway and avengers campus its still gonna be the worst disney park, but at least it wont be a bad park

AndyS2992

Fun fact: the second park was actually referred to as Disney Studios Paris (DSP) during its construction phase. "Walt" was added later as part of the pre-opening announcements.
And before that, in the early 90s, it was originally envisioned as 'Disney-MGM Studios Europe'. What could have been..

2653a09d94c6479dc316947ab9ff6bb6.jpg

DonniePeverley

Exactly my point - if they are still not announcing plans, we are looking into the next decade before we see any spade in the ground. Look how long this Frozen land taken.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Wouldve loved a chinese or carthay circle theater as a weenie instead of that loooong walkway to the lake.
Team Carthay Circle here! It would add more “Walt Disney” in Walt Disney Studios Park which is woefully lacking. Even DCA got more Walt during its transformation. In my opinion, grounding the front half of the Studios in a fantasy of Walt’s Hollywood as he experienced it would give the park a better thesis statement: “A Hollywood that never was — and always will be”…

Movielover

And before that, in the early 90s, it was originally envisioned as 'Disney-MGM Studios Europe'. What could have been..

2653a09d94c6479dc316947ab9ff6bb6.jpg
God that original Disney-MGM Studios Europe is my biggest what if with the company. It would have taken the Golden Age of Hollywood and real studio setting of WDW's Studios while eliminating the original's flaws, mainly with WDW's being designed as a half day park with limited expansion space. This one would have been big, beautiful and full of action (also how I like my women ;) )

My only dislike of the original line-up was the replacement of The Great Movie Ride with a show. Wich ended up being Cinemagique in the actually built park. While that show was wonderful and I would love to see its return, the lack of GMR would have been noticeable.

1683048679981.png

😍 If only...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom