Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Moon knight

I'm talking about this kind of tweet, where twitter users copy paste some posts seen of this topic :

ughhh I think everything will be ready by june/july 2025 : Theater District and Studio 1, the Lake Promenade, the daytime parade, the Summer Pavillon (Art Nouveau Table service restaurant), the quintet of jazz musicians in front of the Tower of Terror, the Ursula and Rapunzel flat rides, the Toy Story Playland new entrance, the British garden and its show, the Eastern Pavillon, Frozen Ever After and the new nighttime show.
I mean I don't really care, it's just that I've always been told to quote my source when there's one... Some would call it courtesy.

A Lion King land doesn't make any sense to me either.

The closest thing we have for a land being entirely "natural" is Pandora, and even that has man made structures everywhere for food, shops, queues, bridges, etc. An entire land with no humans present in the backstory seems really hard to pull off
Mermaid Lagoon (2001), their first ever IP-land ? They even have a shop inside a whale...

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Mermaid Lagoon (2001) ? They even have a shop inside a whale...
Mermaid Lagoon is very much a blend of natural and man(merman)-made structures like Pandora

1682354733777.png

1682354724753.png

Sir_Cliff

Mermaid Lagoon (2001), their first ever IP-land ? They even have a shop inside a whale...
I guess that's a point in that they mainly set it under the ocean rather than in the town of the merpeople.

That said, they could also get around the need for signs (and a theatre) by referencing the human world also present in that film but not The Lion King.

Moon knight

That’s why Mermaid lagoon would be great
They have to catch up with the American and Japanese parks : (Winnie the Pooh ?), Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc. need a permanent place somewhere in the resort. Besides, they have to feature the Studios latest hits : Frozen, Rapunzel, COCO, Luca, Star Wars, Moana, Avatar and Marvel. That's what happens when you haven't invest properly in your parks for decades...

Once the WDS expansion complete, most of those new IPs will be home at DLP. They'll only have to find/build more elaborate experiences inspired by Cars, Star Wars and COCO and introduce, in the meantime, to the European audience : Avatar, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Moana in an immersive way.

For instance, they want Avatar to be part of the new 2025 parade and nighttime show of the WDSP and Moana is, so far, the IP that will replace Frozen in Animation Celebration. That may change if Wish proves to be successful though.

XenoYosh

That's very interesting ! And the Robin Hood's theme song : yes 🥰😂 (nostalgia of course)
And it's a good way to finish the day at Walt Disney Studios Park i guess

Kev1982

They have to catch up with the American and Japanese parks : (Winnie the Pooh ?), Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc. need a permanent place somewhere in the resort. Besides, they have to feature the Studios latest hits : Frozen, Rapunzel, COCO, Luca, Star Wars, Moana, Avatar and Marvel. That's what happens when you haven't invest properly in your parks for decades...

Once the WDS expansion complete, most of those new IPs will be home at DLP. They'll only have to find/build more elaborate experiences inspired by Cars, Star Wars and COCO and introduce, in the meantime, to the European audience : Avatar, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Moana in an immersive way.

For instance, they want Avatar to be part of the new 2025 parade and nighttime show of the WDSP and Moana is, so far, the IP that will replace Frozen in Animation Celebration. That may change if Wish proves to be successful though.
They can tone down Star Wars as far as I am concerned

mrflo

This show will be the spiritual brother of Believe ! Sea of Dreams with some ideas (and animation sequences) taken from World of Colors : One and Disney Movie Magic. That's not uncommon based on what DLP usually does with its nighttime shows.

Do you know if the show will also integrate live characters like the new TDS show or Fantasmic? All those next-gen night time shows are very impressive from a technical point of view. But having Mickey and other popular characters appear creates that extra special Disney magic and soul.

Moon knight

Do you know if the show will also integrate live characters like the new TDS show or Fantasmic? All those next-gen night time shows are very impressive from a technical point of view. But having Mickey and other popular characters appear creates that extra special Disney magic and soul.
Not as much as Fantasmic.

mrflo

Not as much as Fantasmic.
Thank you for the info. It will be interesting to see whether DLP plans to run the new lake show year-round each evening like the castle shows. I guess having many live characters would make it more expensive and complex to run. But it will be nice to at least have some of them to be part of the new show - even if it is not a large selection as in Fantasmic.

Btw, I have not seen any rumours or info on how the new lake will be called. Any clues? In the Chapek-days I would have suggested "Lac of Imagination". ;)

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Okay so at the risk of running through 165 pages - what are we getting ?

I'm hearing Galaxys Edge has gone. Will we be getting Pandora? What is the attraction in Frozen going to be ?
The Frozen land is getting a single ride unlike Hong King’s two, and it will be a plussed Frozen: Ever After with the same layout as EPCOT’s, though with improvements that should help it a lot including actual “face” audio-animatronics.

Rumor is the second and third lands after Frozen are either going to be a Lion King and/or Pandora land.

Moon knight

1. There's no way they'll duplicate Smuggler's Run elsewhere.
2. Star Wars is NOT envisioned on the Fantasyland expansion pad.
3. Between 2013-2015 DLP paid a third of the RandD for the Marketplace/Souk, the Cantina and the ''Alcatraz project'' ("Rise of the Resistance")...
4. The motorbike coaster wouldn't have the same layout as TRON.
5. Since the first concept art of the expansion of the WDS (2018), fans didn't get that it was- from day one- suppposed to be a version of "Rise of the Resistance" with the rockwork of Smugglers Run's showbuilding, hence the confusion.
6. If it ever comes to fruition this new mini-land will have a main E-ticket ("Rise of the Rebellion" ?, the Motorbike coaster, Bounty Hunter dark ride or smth else) + the Marketplace with a different lineup of shops/restaurants (e.g. Savi replacing the Popcorn shop, Oga's Cantina instead of "Ronto Roasters" + an interactive walkthrough or D/C-ticket ride to promote the arrival of the MagicBand+ DisneyBand+in DLP

DonniePeverley

The Frozen land is getting a single ride unlike Hong King’s two, and it will be a plussed Frozen: Ever After with the same layout as EPCOT’s, though with improvements that should help it a lot including actual “face” audio-animatronics.

Rumor is the second and third lands after Frozen are either going to be a Lion King and/or Pandora land.

So after all this time - and the indignity of going 167 pages on WDWmagic forums, they have no clear concrete plan for the second land. Perhaps there will be no second land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom