Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

J4546

I still am not on board with a Lion King Land but at least it will have 2 rides and hearing about so much coming to Paris in the next 5 years is a good thing overall

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Once and for all yes RotR lasts longer but still should this attraction not break down 3/4 of the day..
It doesn’t, but that’s for another thread. For value for money and the amount of people the facility can hold, and the actual guest show time it would be remiss not to build this.

J4546

ive seen RotR break down a couple times but not 3/4 of the day. It even broke down once while I was on it, right at the end 10 ft from the docking station to exit lol but again not 3/4 of the day.

That being said, Im glad they arent building RoTR in DSP, not because its a bad ride but because if they do, that doesnt really add a reason for me (in the USA) to go over there. I want exclusive unique stuff in Paris.

yensidtlaw1969

It doesn’t, but that’s for another thread. For value for money and the amount of people the facility can hold, and the actual guest show time it would be remiss not to build this.
I suppose it would be too much to dream that a new and revised Star Wars Land at Parc Disneyland might leave space for them to one day add a version of Rise of the Resistance . . .

BubbaisSleep

Nonsense of the highest order. Furthermore linking a motorcycle coaster to the 'Star Wars' franchise is stretching it. Cheap theme parks in the USA do this - you know the drill, paint the coaster blue, put an 'S' on the front of the coaster, get a Superman maniquin in the queue - and hey bingo you have a Superman coaster. It's the most horrific cheap nonsense inflicted on the intelligence of the theme park visitor.
To be fair, do they need a hyper-sensitive Star Wars dark ride again? Fans are asking for something simple & references a fun part of the universe. Same reason many on here would be happy with something like Hyperspace Mountain in SWGE. If it’s anything like Hagrids, it will be far away from being cheap.

Toni25

From what I've heard we'll get in 2025 the WDSP rededication ceremony with the updated version of Studio 1 and the light Studio Theater placemaking, two $20 million flat rides, a $62 million nighttime spectacular, a new daytime parade going from the future Lion King land all the way down Hollywood Blvd and then towards the left side of the former Soarin' pad, a $86 million table service restaurant and Arendelle + Space Mountain : aux Confins de l'Univers in Disneyland Park.
There are a few things here I haven't heard or followed before.
1. First of all, what about that Studio Theater placemaking? Are they renovating the building/changing production courtyard?
2. The new Space Mountain retheme...will it have something to do with Star Wars again? Doesn't that sort of translate to Galaxys Edge?
3. Do you have any idea what the renovation of Studio 1 entails? What exactly are they doing to it?

Moon knight

1. Do you remember how they "transformed" the Disney Theater in Hollywoodland (DCA), same level of ambition here for the different theatres... The layout of this land will feel more organic and definitly more Parisian than Hollywoodian. I mean what they're planning is quite nice, the line between this Theater District and the Lake Promenade will be blurred but it won't match the authentic historical accuracy that Buena Vista Street has since its conception.
2. The retheme will have nothing to do with Star Wars.
3. I invite you to check my previous posts.

mrflo

2027 will be the 35th anniversary of the resort and the opening of the Lion King Land. If greenlit the Star Wars coaster would be part of the 35th Grand Final package with an opening date by 2028, Pandora would open in WDSP a year or so later..
What makes me sceptical about this timeline is that this would mean we get four new (mini) lands (Frozen, Lion King, Star Wars, Pandora) within roughly five years. This would be highly ambitious even for TDL which does not shy away from major investments. The same time we are discussing all the budget limitations and how Avengers Campus had to cut corners, Frozen only getting one ride, etc.

And as I have mentioned before - Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure is an amazing coaster but was very expensive. So if DLP is trying to have something in the same quality & scale, it will not be cheap. Considering also the complexity of that ride and how much downtime it initially had, it is probably not the best choice if potential break downs is one of the reasons to choose this over RotR.

When you see the European DLP competitors in Europe, they basically say: "Disney is for kids we offer real coasters ! ". Here it will be the opportunity for DLP to show its thematic superiority by proposing a coaster that, unlike Europa Park, conceals everything that could be considered "bad show".
DLP would have a great opportunity to convince visitors who currently think it is just for kids by launching a major new land & attraction like Pandora with FoP directly after Frozen. Now DLP is doubling down on its existing image by adding mainly Princess and animation IPs to the new WDS expansion area for the parks 25th anniversary.

Parkatm

I am also not in board with the Lion King but if all the rumors are true and if they come to life, the overall plan is quite positive and probably the best we had since 1992.

As I understand the rumor for Star Wars, the new SW sort of mini-land discoveryland extension will be a way to contain the SW IP in a specific location while letting the rest of Discoveryland finding the way back to its primary identity. I am surprised that you already have the name of the experience for Space Mountain that is very specific and if happens to be true, you’d be building a serious amount of trust for future projects ^^.

As for the SW coaster, please remember that Disney coasters and especially the tracks are not supposed to be metaphorical like we can see in a non immersive and non story-centered design (for example Hulk, Velocicoaster or Hagrid at IoA). Yes even Hagrid with all the themed elements has no real explanations for the tracks. So I guess that if the imagineers would design a motorbike coaster for Star Wars, they’ll do it in a way that either the tracks are part of the story or they will try to hide them from your view.

Rush

So I guess that if the imagineers would design a motorbike coaster for Star Wars, they’ll do it in a way that either the tracks are part of the story or they will try to hide them from your view.

Indiana and Jones: The Temple of Peril as well as Tron have no thematic explanation for the exposed track and it's the rumored (rethemed) SW coaster.

cjkeating

Nonsense of the highest order. Furthermore linking a motorcycle coaster to the 'Star Wars' franchise is stretching it. Cheap theme parks in the USA do this - you know the drill, paint the coaster blue, put an 'S' on the front of the coaster, get a Superman maniquin in the queue - and hey bingo you have a Superman coaster. It's the most horrific cheap nonsense inflicted on the intelligence of the theme park visitor.
If you venture to the Galaxy’s Edge forum a common remark is “why didn’t they just build a speeder bike coaster” so your opinion may be in the minority.

SplashJacket

If you venture to the Galaxy’s Edge forum a common remark is “why didn’t they just build a speeder bike coaster” so your opinion may be in the minority.
Fully against a Hagrid's style coaster in Galaxy's Edge with an exposed elevated track.

However! Imagine a speederbike simply floating above the ground. That would be incredible! But how would they do that? We live in the real world, not fantasy!

May I introduce you to the Donkey Kong Coaster where a vehicle runs on a faux track and is instead connected via a steal beam to a real hidden track?

1680472069815.png

Now imagine, if instead of riding on a faux track, it just rides on nothing? Only a small slit in the ground like RSR or Test Test, but without the big spaces on the sides for the tires.

1680472249425.png

A small structure could hold the speeders to the real track below, and since the vehicle is basically just a vehicle on a stick, the real track could get closer to the faux-themed flooring (either foliage or another surface) to simulate a jump. Just imagine going through foliage and ridges in this vehicle and an intense sequence where a pair of troopers chase you followed by one crashing into a faux-tree, culminating in an explosive fire-effect, leading to the other trooper to ride off.

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

You have a small minority (but vocal) theme park fans that love roller coasters. You could literally build wall to wall coasters and they would demand more.

A Mickey Mouse attraction - these set of people would like a tripple inverted coaster. An attraction based on Dumbo the Elephant, yeah they'd like a loop on loop, speed of light, a few hundred loops, and the coaster in a constant upside position throughout it's journey.

Thankfully these are a minority, and they don't represent the vast majority of tourists that come to visit these wonderful theme park that offer WORLD CLASS ATTRACTIONS, not tatty roller coasters that you will find at most local theme parks.

SplashJacket

It was made by the Twitter user you are quoting, it’s not an official update to the concept art. @LittleMerman : credit for the edit goes to Twitter user Kevin De Vos
I figured it was made by him, but browsing through his LinkedIn and various pages, it seemed like he did official work for other parks, so wasn't sure, so I figured I would let someone else sort it out. Thanks.

Parkatm

Indiana and Jones: The Temple of Peril as well as Tron have no thematic explanation for the exposed track and it's the rumored (rethemed) SW coaster.

I don’t know for Tron yet (i suppose the tracks are part of the software) but there are explanations for Indiana Jones et le temple du péril, they are part of the equipment of a “trapped temple” (like it would be for spears, poisoned arrows or a large boulder following you in a cave).
edit : yes a mine cart, I was looking for the term.
The explanation is not always perfect or convincing but it is supposed to be one for every coaster Disney makes.
How would you know about this rumored coaster anyway??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom