Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Sir_Cliff

Interesting that they're doing the same amphitheater-style viewing areas from DCA/World of Color for the lake. Are we expecting a similar show hardware configuration as WoC's or Harmonious'?
I am curious about what exactly they have planned, too. The lake doesn't seem all that big, so I assume whatever it is can't be too pyrotechnics heavy.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I am curious about what exactly they have planned, too. The lake doesn't seem all that big, so I assume whatever it is can't be too pyrotechnics heavy.
I remember reading somewhere that Paris bought the 4 moving barges that were used in Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic. Now that I think about it more, it would probably have a post-2010s TDS-show (Fantasmic, Believe Sea of Dreams) configuration then (1 central screen, 4 moving perimeter barges). Now, whether or not the barges would be staged/moored semi-permanently in the middle of the lake (a la Harmonious) remains to be seen...

mrflo

I agree. The size and setup of the lake is pretty comparable to the Mediterranean Harbor lagoon in Tokyo DisneySea. Even the backstage area - which you can't see on the layout above - has a the same shape. If DLP has already got the 4 moving barges maybe we even get Fantasmic or something similar.

J4546

it is a pretty small lake/pond, hopefully its not too small and makes the scale of everything wonky. I trust the engineered well though

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I agree. The size and setup of the lake is pretty comparable to the Mediterranean Harbor lagoon in Tokyo DisneySea. Even the backstage area - which you can't see on the layout above - has a the same shape. If DLP has already got the 4 moving barges maybe we even get Fantasmic or something similar.
I'm pretty sure it will be another clip show. Hopefully though, it will be a Happily Ever After or Momentous-quality show they'll develop for the lake and not Enchantment...

mrflo

Considering the track record of the DLP entertainment department so far, I would say the lake show is the element of the next expansion phase that I am trying to be pretty confident about. Even though we have not heard anything official about what is actually planned. The whole lake & terraced setup will allow many guest to have a great view. Plus of course the option to watch the show from the new lake restaurant after dinner.

I am not a fan of those huge screens in the Epcot lagoon. So I hope they will have learned their lesson and take a different approach for WDS. The huge backstage area and (turnable?) bridge would allow to store the show elements backstage. Maybe they will have water projections like in World of Color in DCA or use technology that will be used in the new Sea of Dreams show in TDS - see below. Though budget for this show and the one WDS might not be on the same level.

fradz

Currently sitting in fantasyland and relaxing: I've never seen the WDSP so busy. We have literally not been on any rides in that park, just walking and discussing with my good friend the changes there and the future. This park needs the extra capacity so much, avengers campus was shoulders to shoulders and so were all the choke points. Even Cars Road Trip had a line, which was the first time I've ever seen that!

Anyways, we'll just relax around Parc Disneyland, ride a few favorites, catch the fireworks and head home

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Currently sitting in fantasyland and relaxing: I've never seen the WDSP so busy. We have literally not been on any rides in that park, just walking and discussing with my good friend the changes there and the future. This park needs the extra capacity so much, avengers campus was shoulders to shoulders and so were all the choke points. Even Cars Road Trip had a line, which was the first time I've ever seen that!

Anyways, we'll just relax around Parc Disneyland, ride a few favorites, catch the fireworks and head home

Look for this - it’ll make the relaxing even more enjoyable 😉

6EAEBEBC-AC68-4209-9C58-F261730271EA.jpeg

J4546

I think the next land they build should be a revisited and reimagineered indiana jones and the lost expidition. I know theres a IJ coaster in DL and a plot to build IJ dark ride but hear me out cause the land in DL isnt big enough to do what I want.

What I want is a massive land with 4 major attractions. Temple of forbidden eye, mine coaster, Jungle cruise style water based ride (maybe a river rapids?) that connects to the lake like frozen land and finally i want the exterior of the show buildings to be done up with a ruinous temple aesthetic that also serves as a rope course camp discovery like attraction from one end of the land to the other.

As for DL, the land they have set aside for Adventureland isnt big enough for a jungle cruise unless they got rid of that cluster of restaurants between IJ coaster and fronteir land waterfront...if they did that then sure, put the IJLE land in DL

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details/renderings below on the new restaurant.

English translated version -

French version -

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Details/renderings below on the new restaurant.

English translated version -

French version -

The articles are not the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom