Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

UNCgolf

If he was still in charge, for example, I could imagine an Australia land in Animal Kingdom may have a shot at getting approved, whereas under the current management I don't think it has a hope in hell.

Someone would have to trick Chapek into believing that the Rescuers are a big franchise and they needed an Australia area to showcase the Rescuers Down Under.

But yes, Eisner's willingness to let the theme parks be their own thing (i.e. they weren't solely about IP corporate synergy) is sorely missed, as is his interest in building themed resorts. Even late in his tenure WDW got the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is obviously a masterpiece. I don't think he'd have been okay with building something like the Riviera.

mrflo

Not sure if this artwork has been shared before. But I just found this including a description of the Hero Training Center on the official DLP website:

"Budding recruits, the Avengers are calling on you to enlist in a super training session at the Hero Training Center. Feel the power building within you as Spider-Man, Captain America and Black Widow teach you the moves that make them Earth’s mightiest heroes. Will you graduate with an ‘A’ for Avenger?"

spider-man-16-9_tcm1861-235628.jpg

Source: Hero Training Center

Sir_Cliff

Indeed. How tower of terror got slapped bang in the middle of it i will never understand. Stuck with this gigantic building to be seen from any angle…
It was such a weird choice to stick that in the middle of the park so they'd forever have to build the park around that massive building. It's also not like it's a fairytale castle; it's a run-down, haunted hotel!

LittleMerman

Indeed. How tower of terror got slapped bang in the middle of it i will never understand. Stuck with this gigantic building to be seen from any angle…
Couldn't they give it the Mission: Breakout treatment and make it part of Avengers Campus? At least it was fit in somewhere.

DisneyDean97

WDSP is often the laughing stock of all the Disney Parks, but in my opinion they'll have the superior Avenger's campus, and preserving ToT and not turning it into that eyesore like in DCA was a great move.
... If only the park could receive some unique expansions and not just copied and pasted lands.

Toni25

It was such a weird choice to stick that in the middle of the park so they'd forever have to build the park around that massive building. It's also not like it's a fairytale castle; it's a run-down, haunted hotel!
Maybe they could one day theme it better? The building has an ugly façade design even if it wasn't "run-down".
I wouldn't mind if it would get the Tokyo treatment. The DisneySea one not only lacks the lightning struck aspect, but the design is incredible. It's more theme park worthy, more fantastical. I know it has a different storyline, architectural style & it's set in NY, but they could exaggerate the Art Deco style of the Paris one more.
They could easily upgrade it, especially since it's gonna be visible form all angles & it's a park icon.
It's not like they are changing the structure, more like icing & decorating a cake.

Kev1982

That building is hideous from every direction.
I really think. Rockformations and gardens around it and the problem is gone… the theme yes, i’m sorry, i much prefer tot theme above mission breakout but maybe there would be no other choice than to include it into marvel campus. On the other side of it, some expansion that requires a jungle environment so tall greenery can put away the back (mostly). Maybe a lion king oasis of some sort where a lion king darkride could go and the festival of the lion king. Maybe a hakuna matata bug spinner.

Last edited:

Toni25

June 27 is the rumored date with previews less than a month away.

The land apparently includes a sit-down restaurant? What’s the theme?

Armoury.png

You mean this? Somebody posted about it on this thread some time ago.

ToTBellHop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom