Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

BrianLo

The bones have more been broken with a lot of basic, poor design choices.

I used the term fixed loosely. But the cores of most parks have been sufficiently messed with that they won’t go back and edit hubs, entrances or night time auditoriums for a while. There seemed to be a lot of wastage of expansion project budgets on non-attraction infrastructure.

Save maybe Tomorrowland in Disneyland and a few one off attractions in WDW. There’s not a lot of major projects that will come up with no added expansion moving forward. Which might mean there are no future projects for a while…

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Campus is more and more looking to be set in a lush forest and im here for it!

Just imagine.

325C6F06-59BA-4059-BE7E-3933E2C96678.jpeg

Markiewong

What’s early summer? I still am told “14 July at the latest”. That’s technically still in the first month of summer.
School vacations around Europe start between the end of June and middle of July. The last addition, Ratatouille, soft opened on 21th june and officially opened on the 10th of July. I am guessing we will see a similar timeframe here.

Also interesting to note, July 12th is more expensive in the calender.
1652368357010.png

fradz

School vacations around Europe start between the end of June and middle of July. The last addition, Ratatouille, soft opened on 21th june and officially opened on the 10th of July. I am guessing we will see a similar timeframe here.

Since we all play, I'll also go with something like this and say fully open in the week between the 4th and 10th of July

Animaniac93-98

"Try to imagine, just for a moment, a theme park of minimal technological creativity...a theme park of only some adventure and discovery...a theme park completely lacking in awareness and understanding of how little it delivers.

Try to imagine. For we welcome you now to take the first steps into that park. We welcome you to Disney Studios Paris. We welcome you to The Backlot."

Sir_Cliff

"Try to imagine, just for a moment, a theme park of minimal technological creativity...a theme park of only some adventure and discovery...a theme park completely lacking in awareness and understanding of how little it delivers.

Try to imagine. For we welcome you now to take the first steps into that park. We welcome you to Disney Studios Paris. We welcome you to The Backlot."
I have to say, when people get nostalgic for Eisner I always think of the shock at DCA and then how WDS not only made DCA but your average outdoor mall look like a masterpiece of themed entertainment.

UNCgolf

I have to say, when people get nostalgic for Eisner I always think of the shock at DCA and then how WDS not only made DCA but your average outdoor mall look like a masterpiece of themed entertainment.

Understandable, but you have to balance it with Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Disneyland Paris, not to mention all the highly themed resorts at WDW. It's why there's such a line between the end of his tenure and the earlier years.

Plus, I believe people have mentioned that DCA and WDS, while obviously built far too cheap, were at least designed in a way that made it relatively easy to fix them. That's not the case for something like Toy Story Land, which would basically require tearing most of it down to use the space more efficiently (not to suggest TSL is as bad as WDS was, but it's not very good). Not that Eisner or his successors were designing things at that level, but they were responsible for the overall culture etc. that led to those designs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom