Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

Oh and also, forgot to mention
There was talk from the last aborted expansion of running the tour purely to the north of the new blvd (Cat Can side) with additional scenes around the forest. We’ll see.
That's what's gonna happen, while the land is not used for something else (like Cars? Avatar? We don't know, speculating here..)

fTs

I thought the forest was protected? Hence why the tram tour goes round it.

I don't think anything will go in its space.

fradz

It's currently not protected anymore, and some people say it actually never was.
I mean, the Tram tour is cutting right through it...

JohnyKaz2078

In short, what I've heard (rumors):
October 2018: PhilharMagic @ DLP Discoveryland Theater. Not "full" version as the theater will not receive major upgrades, like a very wide screen or the animatronic. OFFICIAL
2019: New Chaparral theater with new Lion King show. Additionally, major rehabs such as Phantom Manor re-opening during the first quarter, Ratatouille getting the floors replaced, Tot getting the facade works completed, etc.
2020: Not too sure, I would expect the changes to Disney Village to come around this time
2021: Marvel. RnRC retheme, Armaggedon showbuilding replaced by a dark ride, LMA being replaced by new Marvel show
2022: ? Supposedly the Adventureland expansion with IJA ?
2023: Frozen Land
2024: SW

Even larger uncertainties:
  • Regarding the ride behind Tot, I did not hear anything about an opening date, and no one is sure what it will be. Soarin' was mentioned but it's pure speculation.
  • Is the HKDL Marvel large E-Ticket coming in phase 2 of Marvel?
  • Is SWGE the full version? I've heard recently both yes and no.
  • Is the SW hotel still in the plans? When?
  • Is Frozen going to be just one DR or is there gonna be the coaster too?
  • When is the Adventureland E-ticket opening? 2022? 2024? Is it certain that it's IJA?
  • Is the TSPL Alien Saucers scrapped or not? Heard both yes and no
  • Will Cars Land eventually come on the right side of the lake, between TSPL and Frozen land?
  • Was the TRON rumor just a false rumor to scramble the tracks?

As you can see, I try to share as much as possible with you guys, but there is a lot of secrecy and people are contradicting each other. Wait and see, I guess.

Ok first of all great work @fradz! You have really helped clarify things.

I was going to ask: Do we know when will construction commerce for the Indiana Jones ride? Because 2022 seems pretty far away for just one ride IMO. Is construction going to start at a later date or it will be something so groundbreaking that will need many years to complete?

And one more: Do we know when RnRC will close? I don't care about the Studio Tram Tour but I really want to see the RnRC when I visit DLP for the first time next summer. Do you know if it will be open in July/August 2019?

fradz

And one more: Do we know when RnRC will close? I don't care about the Studio Tram Tour but I really want to see the RnRC when I visit DLP for the first time next summer. Do you know if it will be open in July/August 2019?
DLP updated their rehab calendar just 3 days ago, to have rehab dates published until March 2019, and RnRC is STILL not closed then (which is really unexpected). I would guess it would close soon after that though, it's quite unlikely that it will still be open when you visit unfortunately...

JohnyKaz2078

DLP updated their rehab calendar just 3 days ago, to have rehab dates published until March 2019, and RnRC is STILL not closed then (which is really unexpected). I would guess it would close soon after that though, it's quite unlikely that it will still be open when you visit unfortunately...

Yeah that's what I thought. I guess that I will have to travel all the way to Orlando (not likely) 😁

fradz

[...]
2019: New Chaparral theater with new Lion King show. Additionally, major rehabs such as Phantom Manor re-opening during the first quarter, Ratatouille getting the floors replaced, Tot getting the facade works completed, etc. OFFICIAL
[...].
CANCELLED.
The floor replacement for Ratatouille that was scheduled as from end of 2018 has just been cancelled (postponed most likely).

IMDREW

CANCELLED.
The floor replacement for Ratatouille that was scheduled as from end of 2018 has just been cancelled (postponed most likely).
But... Is it still needed? Or was the issue not that severe to begin with? Happy though as I'll be there end of august and will now be able to ride it again!

fradz

It was never going to close in August, was scheduled as from end of 2018 until mid 2019.
It is still very much needed, we will see when they will do it.

fradz

Quoting (translating as close as possible) marrypoppinsinlove from ED92:

The ride behind the Tot will be a next-gen dark ride. I cannot say more but it is easily guessable. The ride is part of the 2 billion plan. If it doesn't figure on the map of the concept art, it's because around the announcement time, it was still in the "thinking" stage (=planning stage).
Arma will make way to an interactive Spiderman themed ride. Some kind of Toy Story Mania, Spiderman themed.
Regarding the kiddie coaster, don't worry; there will be one in Frozen land

Regarding the DLP E-Ticket, she said:
There will be a subsequent announcement. The Disneyland Park will not be forgotten I guarantee it! And I repeat, stuff will be happening in Adventureland! They will not let that space between Temple du Péril and POTC empty much longer!

Reading between the lines, I believe the WDS dark ride would be the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. marrypoppinsinlove mentionned before that it was certainly a possibility. However, I thought the GMR show building is quite massive? What does our photoshop guru think? @MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Quoting (translating as close as possible) marrypoppinsinlove from ED92:

Regarding the DLP E-Ticket, she said:

Reading between the lines, I believe the WDS dark ride would be the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. marrypoppinsinlove mentionned before that it was certainly a possibility. However, I thought the GMR show building is quite massive? What does our photoshop guru think? @MisterPenguin

The space used by MMRR is about 1.6 acres. There's more than enough space between PotC and Indy. But why do you think a Mickey or Poppins ride would wind up in Adventureland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom