Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Haymarket

Does that mean there will be two dead ends on the bay until they add the third miniland? That would be disappointing.
Supposedly it'll look something like this. No dead ends, but huge gaps.

Looks like two more expansion pads (one between Lion King and Frozen, and the other between Frozen and the current Cars attraction).

Adventure-Bay.png

Disney-Adventure-World-Overview.png

MLK_5154-1622x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan dby

isn't there supposed to be a parade route that starts between lion king and frozen?

the right side of the lake looks barren, backing onto the backside of Cars road trip, but assuming that ride stays there is only really space for a path leading onto an expansion plot on either side. neither will change the aesthetics around the actual lake much i dont think.

abaker1975

Yikes, I can't believe the high up's at Disney think "WDS to Adventure World" will be fixed once the Lion King land is open. I Remember when the lake and SGE and WOF were announced - I thought this was the START of something - not the next 10 year plan.

Accounting for the pandemic, WOF and either SGE (or Lion King land) should really be open this year. This D23 should have been announcing the opening date SGE and WOF together with plans for releasing what the next 2 plots around the lake were going to be.

Disneyland Parc really needs some new attractions at the same time and I don't think the will is there from Disney to massively improve the resort in Paris.

There are Theme Parks in Europe you can tell are really exciting me at the moment and it is such a shame they don't get the audience they deserve as they don't have "Disney" in the name. Disney need real competition in Europe before they will put serious effort and investment into the resort that is needed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yikes, I can't believe the high up's at Disney think "WDS to Adventure World" will be fixed once the Lion King land is open. I Remember when the lake and SGE and WOF were announced - I thought this was the START of something - not the next 10 year plan.

Accounting for the pandemic, WOF and either SGE (or Lion King land) should really be open this year. This D23 should have been announcing the opening date SGE and WOF together with plans for releasing what the next 2 plots around the lake were going to be.

Disneyland Parc really needs some new attractions at the same time and I don't think the will is there from Disney to massively improve the resort in Paris.

There are Theme Parks in Europe you can tell are really exciting me at the moment and it is such a shame they don't get the audience they deserve as they don't have "Disney" in the name. Disney need real competition in Europe before they will put serious effort and investment into the resort that is needed.
Disney fully owning Disneyland Paris is the best and worst thing that could have happened. I honestly don’t think DLP would have survived intact in its current form after 2020-1 without TWDC behind it. But consequently here we are.

Loose Pebble

Agreed on all of this. Efteling and Europa Park have some amazing themed rides. Phantasialand has amazing themed lands as well like Rookburgh. But I think our best shot is Universal UK doing well and then Disney realizing too late that they need to offer a better experience and then playing catchup. (Because they def won’t proactively address competition).

cjkeating

I don't think we have any suggestion the high up's at Disney think WDSP will be 'done' after Lion King opens? As much as people forget WDSP has seen near continued investment since it opened. The only problem as the investments never got the budget they required and there were pauses in this development when the resort was trying to avoid bankruptcy and on occasion closure.

Many people on here were doubting Lion King existed until recently so I don't think their is any reason not to believe the same sources who suggest Avatar is a likely 3rd land and also that the main park is going to see some investment.

I'm not sure when you last visited but the resort has seen unprecedented investment since around 2012 in order to improve the resort. The only issue is the majority of these funds have been allocated to refurbishment, rebuilds and infrastructure to try and bring the resort up to a modern standard which in most circumstances is nothing new or shiny like new attractions.

Oh I agree. Europa Park and Efteling are are in my Top 5 theme parks in the world with many other high quality smaller parks in Europe too. The Disney brand name is always going to give them an advantage, it's the same in the US and Asia but they provide great complimentary theme park holidays to what Disneyland Paris offers.

Gusey

Don't forget Avengers Campus was phase 1. With 4 years between phase 1 (Avengers) and phase 2 (Frozen), it's often forgotten to be part of the same transformation. Frozen was originally supposed to be open by 2023, and SGE by 2025, but pandemic did cause delays, especially with parks closed/construction halted for 1 year and a half - France had a pretty lengthy lockdown. Still, I think we were all hoping Frozen would have opened in 2025

J4546

ONce this is all done. Frozen/lake/LionKing land....DAW will be a solid park but still have room for major expansion and will "possibly" not be the worst disney park...but I still think it will be

Haymarket

Agreed on all of this. Efteling and Europa Park have some amazing themed rides. Phantasialand has amazing themed lands as well like Rookburgh. But I think our best shot is Universal UK doing well and then Disney realizing too late that they need to offer a better experience and then playing catchup. (Because they def won’t proactively address competition).
If Universal UK doesn't happen, is there another European location that Universal might build a park to compete with DLP?

nickys

Premium Member
If Universal UK doesn't happen, is there another European location that Universal might build a park to compete with DLP?
I’ve had doubts about U.K. Universal from the start.

A huge lure of Universal is Harry Potter. But I’m not sure JKR would give the nod to that in the U.K. with the Studios Tour attraction.

Whereas she’s more likely to agree to it somewhere else in Europe

Sir_Cliff

Many people on here were doubting Lion King existed until recently so I don't think their is any reason not to believe the same sources who suggest Avatar is a likely 3rd land and also that the main park is going to see some investment.
Must admit that I was one of the people who found it hard to believe they were considering a Lion King land, mainly because it seemed like a bad idea for a land. Having now seen the models and the artwork, I still don't think it's a great choice. People complain Galaxy's Edge is barren, but this land looks like it will be mainly grass, rocks, twigs, and some trees here and there. That's faithful to the environment of the film, however I don't think it's a great choice for a theme park land. I don't like single-IP lands, but at least Frozen, Avatar, and Radiator Springs lend themselves to creating dramatic and visually-appealing settings within a theme park environment.

Loose Pebble

there’s been rumors that they are looking to require Port Aventura in Spain. However that is a theme park of its own already and isn’t really of the quality of Universal or Disney imo. So I am not sure what they would do there. That said if Universal manages to dethrone Disney in Europe by building a park in Spain it would be a bit ironic given that Disneyland Paris was originally recommended to be built in Spain.

infloencer

People complain Galaxy's Edge is barren, but this land looks like it will be mainly grass, rocks, twigs, and some trees here and there. That's faithful to the environment of the film, however I don't think it's a great choice for a theme park land. I don't like single-IP lands, but at least Frozen, Avatar, and Radiator Springs lend themselves to creating dramatic and visually-appealing settings within a theme park environment.
I think pride rock could make a really stunning backdrop for a theme park land and with the boats that will travel through the land it will have some kinetic energy that galaxy’s edge, Pandora and world of frozen lack. The lion king land could also be a great place for streetmosphere. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what Disney is building exactly to be able to judge the land in a fair way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom