Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I love DLP getting a new land, but am I the only one thinking this doesnt look very good? 😓
I think it looks very good. It’s a net plus of zero attraction wise but it’s visually and thematically improved the part of the park that still showed its 2002 budget.

Had there been no expansion also being built it would be a draw for the park as a whole, but in a few years this new land will help move the bigger park forward.

IMDREW

I think it looks very good. It’s a net plus of zero attraction wise but it’s visually and thematically improved the part of the park that still showed its 2002 budget.

Had there been no expansion also being built it would be a draw for the park as a whole, but in a few years this new land will help move the bigger park forward.
Maybe it’s just the design style of AC in general. I also don’t like the esthetic of the Cali one. Completely agree with what youre saying about this moving the park forward and improving this area for real. It does look a million times better than what was there before and I’ll gladly take it!

I’m a bit disappointed in what I’ve seen of flight force and little things like a screen instead of the practical pretzel pym effect. But I did have my expectations high.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Seen they have kept the Guardians of the Galaxy scene in the Spiderman attraction despite there being ToT in Paris.

Should have changed this to an Iron Man flight force scene or does this suggest a ToT retheme is coming?
Anyone who could do a land overlay over the underground map in the queue?

I think it would be a plot hole in the ride's storyline if the Spiderbots invaded the Avengers HQ (aka Flight Force)/Mission Training Center, but the point still stands. It's a weird thing to duplicate in Paris (obviously, due to budget restrictions)... unless that ToT refurb that happened 3 years ago was actually preparing the tower for the arrival of Mission: Breakout in the future...?

Maybe in place of GoTG, they should've gone with Stark Factory instead. Not the canteen/dining room part (we already do that in the scene in Pym Kitchen), but in an unopened basement of the factory, with lots of vintage equipment and such.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I think it would be a plot hole in the ride's storyline if the Spiderbots invaded the Avengers HQ (aka Flight Force)/Mission Training Center, but the point still stands. It's a weird thing to duplicate in Paris (obviously, due to budget restrictions)... unless that ToT refurb that happened 3 years ago was actually preparing the tower for the arrival of Mission: Breakout in the future...?

I think the fact ToT is well outside of the clearly defined boundary of the new land should mean it’s safe.

cjkeating

Seen they have kept the Guardians of the Galaxy scene in the Spiderman attraction despite there being ToT in Paris.

Should have changed this to an Iron Man flight force scene or does this suggest a ToT retheme is coming?
Do you have a link to the video? To be honest when I rode the attraction last week (once) I thought it was TOT in the distance not GOTG from DCA. 😅 It was all very hectic so I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

fTs

Do you have a link to the video? To be honest when I rode the attraction last week (once) I thought it was TOT in the distance not GOTG from DCA. 😅 It was all very hectic so I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

They have changed the final scene to replace mission breakout tower with a plain Avengers building (assumed to be flight force). However, they still have the collectors scene from Guardians of the Galaxy before which doesn't make sense since the collectors base is not in Paris.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Maybe in place of GoTG, they should've gone with Stark Factory instead. Not the canteen/dining room part (we already do that in the scene in Pym Kitchen), but in an unopened basement of the factory, with lots of vintage equipment and such.

The fact they did not replace the GoTG scene just shows how lazy they were when deciding to port this over to Paris. And least some of the effects are better on WDSP's than the DCA version.

cjkeating

They have changed the final scene to replace mission breakout tower with a plain Avengers building (assumed to be flight force). However, they still have the collectors scene from Guardians of the Galaxy before which doesn't make sense since the collectors base is not in Paris.

Oh I see. Also had no idea about this when I was riding as I hadn't watched any of the DCA ride throughs just read a spoiler or two. I know it's "cheap" but 99.999% of people at Paris are going to have no idea that scene is from Mission Breakout. Doesn't make it right but when a park is on a budget like Paris I don't think the expenditure would be justified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom