Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

IMDREW

So, it looks like we wont get the stuntronic at WDS? There’s no crane for it, but I do see a crane built for the spidey walking down the walls. Just my personal observation. No insider info here.

Does anyone also know what they plan to do with the backs of the stunt show sets? Will those be themed?

ToTBellHop

So, it looks like we wont get the stuntronic at WDS? There’s no crane for it, but I do see a crane built for the spidey walking down the walls. Just my personal observation. No insider info here.

Does anyone also know what they plan to do with the backs of the stunt show sets? Will those be themed?
He crashes a lot. Perhaps this is for the best. He needs to be more responsive to his Peter Tingle.

walt-e

The crane is most probably not yet installed as it does appear on the blueprints.

IMDREW

The crane is most probably not yet installed as it does appear on the blueprints.
Oh, I missed that, but you are right! I just read delays are now due to supply of building materials sadly.

A lot of interesting stuff on themeparx right now for those interested:

1643632490654.jpeg

1643632489865.jpeg

And more!

G.L.A.D.I.O

WDS 2.0 updates-rumors heard here and there :

-the Stuntronic has not been paid yet by DLP, during the first weeks some sources like @Outsidears said that one of the californian Stuntronics will be borrowed to Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S Paris.
-This saving cost could allow more special characters to appear in the land...
-The Iron Man A.A in the preshow of the coaster is currently guarded by security staff day and night so no one can enter and take pictures.
-the Stunt Show arena will stay but the decors of Villefranche-sur-mer will be hidden from the C.A.M.P.U.S thanks to tarps and partially destroyed to avoid any visual intrusion from the inside of the campus while keeping this huge arena for special events.
-the Gardens of Wonders of the 30th may be a big test for the design of the Lake gardens, especially for the real bioluminescent plants.
-The placemaking budget of 250 millions € has been cut multiple times. We know for sure that some work will be done in the two next years to repave and redefine clearly the different Worlds of Worlds of Pixar.

DisneyDean97

Nah. It was a half day park. Add a night show it’ll be almost a full day. Especially if you don’t pay to queue jump.

But as it stands it has a net gain of one attraction. It still needs more.
I think after all of this, the park will still lack that one absolute stand out attraction. Yeah it'll have Rise, but that will be neither unique or new by the time it opens. This park needs a signature attraction. I'm actually surprised this park never got a cloned version of GMR when it opened. Would have fit perfectly, maybe with a different facade if they didn't want the Chinese theater look 🤔

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think after all of this, the park will still lack that one absolute stand out attraction. Yeah it'll have Rise, but that will be neither unique or new by the time it opens. This park needs a signature attraction. I'm actually surprised this park never got a cloned version of GMR when it opened. Would have fit perfectly, maybe with a different facade if they didn't want the Chinese theater look 🤔
The GMR was far too expensive for this park, but Disney MGM - Europe was to have the Chinese Theatre Facade plus opposite, Dick Tracey’s Crimestoppers as the opening day thrill E ride.

DisneyDean97

The GMR was far too expensive for this park, but Disney MGM - Europe was to have the Chinese Theatre Facade plus opposite, Dick Tracey’s Crimestoppers as the opening day thrill E ride.
lol your knowledge of the parks never disappoints. Wow, I knew Crimestoppers was planned for MGM in Florida but didn't know Disney planned on bringing it to Europe too. Do you know what ride system the attraction would have used... EMV?

DisneyDean97

Thank you. The European Tracey ride would have been a clone of the Florida one. Both EMV.
Marni, I have to ask this question, and you obviously don't have to answer, but is there any ride in the developmental pipeline that is peaking your interest where it would drastically impact whatever park it came to, like ToT did for MGM or Indiana Jones at Disneyland in 95', even Everest for AK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, I have to ask this question, and you obviously don't have to answer, but is there any ride in the developmental pipeline that is peaking your interest where it would drastically impact whatever park it came to, like ToT did for MGM or Indiana Jones at Disneyland in 95', even Everest for AK?
Theres some blue sky stuff I’m interested in but if it ever happens is doubtful. I fear current management wouldn’t approve anything so grand (and location fitting)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom