News Trams to return in early 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"The end is near for Disneyland visitors tired of huffing and puffing along the nearly mile-long tram route between the parking garages and the front gates as the Anaheim theme park prepares to bring back the trams that have been out of commission since March 2020.

Tram service between the Mickey and Friends and Pixar Pals parking garages and the front gates of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will return in early 2022, according to Disneyland."

mickEblu

They may return but in true fashion Disney has increased the parking fee ==backdoor you are paying for tram service

Even worse - I’m paying for tram service I don’t use. Way too much of hassle to fold up the strollers and we’d rather walk then wait in a mile long line for the one section on each tram that accommodates unfolded strollers- if that even exists anymore.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Oh great, the people who are too dumb to park at the Toy Story lot and take the shuttle will continue to complain until the trams are back.

waltography

Oh great, the people who are too dumb to park at the Toy Story lot and take the shuttle will continue to complain until the trams are back.
The shuttles have been great for me since I arrive at the parks early and leave early, but for families that stay until the fireworks, they've been a bit of a mess with the waits to get back to the lot. Depending on the day the wait can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour at peak.

DrAlice

The shuttles have been great for me since I arrive at the parks early and leave early, but for families that stay until the fireworks, they've been a bit of a mess with the waits to get back to the lot. Depending on the day the wait can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour at peak.
Wait... can't you walk back in less than 30 minutes? It isn't THAT far to the lot, is it?

I understand tired kids and stuff... I really do. I just know that my family would NOT tolerate standing around for 30 minutes on tired feet if they knew they could walk and be back in less time than that. (My family is an impatient lot. 🤣 )

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I have two grade school age boys. We tell them before we park each time that they can either walk far and not wait for a shuttle or potentially wait long and not walk. They always chose the shuttle.

Dapale

Exhibit A: Disney doesn't run the trams - people get upset.

Exhibit B: Disney announces they'll bring the trams back - people get upset.

Conclusion: nothing Disney does will please people. Sheesh.
Sometimes this site truly makes me laugh.
I think its more so that Disney raised parking prices and then said "okay will bring the trams back months after the price increase", instead of saying "they're coming back for the holidays!". I think people would've been happier had they actually improved the parking structure situation with the price increase.

denyuntilcaught

My question is where the refueling station is now. The OG station was demolished for Batuu, while the subsequent spot was demolished for the Pixar garage.

Dapale

My question is where the refueling station is now. The OG station was demolished for Batuu, while the subsequent spot was demolished for the Pixar garage.
There is a little pump (one) on the tram route right after the first turn down the long stretch. They used this occasionally during the operating day while Pixar Pals was being built.

1635191118051.png

I would assume they built more somewhere under pixar pals too? Not entirely sure though.

Mac Tonight

I think its more so that Disney raised parking prices and then said "okay will bring the trams back months after the price increase", instead of saying "they're coming back for the holidays!". I think people would've been happier had they actually improved the parking structure situation with the price increase.
Your optimism is commendable. Flawed, but commendable.

Disney could lower parking prices to 50 cents, and people would still find a reason to be upset.

Dapale

Your optimism is commendable. Flawed, but commendable.

Disney could lower parking prices to 50 cents, and people would still find a reason to be upset.
Oh yeah I definitely agree. The hardcore fans always find something to complain about. I just find this specific situation a little more fair for backlash 🤣

Mac Tonight

The park was shuttered for a year and then has been bringing in money since April. I see no reason why we shouldn't have trams until 2022.

I'm thankful they are back but why were they gone in the first place? And why for so long?
My guess is because social distancing measures would have meant roughly only half of each car could be used, thus forcing wait times to double.

Or, you know, because rats made their nests inside them and ate all the engine parts. Those replacement parts were slowed down by the supply chain shenanigans, and yeah.

celluloid

My guess is because social distancing measures would have meant roughly only half of each car could be used, thus forcing wait times to double.

Or, you know, because rats made their nests inside them and ate all the engine parts. Those replacement parts were slowed down by the supply chain shenanigans, and yeah.

Staffing.

A majority of the operation into the evening hours of the parks was typically College Program, into the wee hours of the morning. The Trams were not a priority in any sense, even if reduced was not an avenue they wanted to pursue.

Social distancing on a parking tram would not be a concern as they have put people of different parties into Jungle Cruise boats and other attractions outdoors and in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom