News Trams to return in early 2022

waltography

My guess is because social distancing measures would have meant roughly only half of each car could be used, thus forcing wait times to double.
This would've been true prior to June 15, and it's why when I was at the parks then I understood why the trams were down; chalked it up to a unique pandemic Disney experience. By summer, though, there really was no excuse since they removed pretty much all social distancing requirements then. It's a shame they didn't spend the summer getting things in order to have the trams up by the end of the summer/in time for the holidays.

DrAlice

Exhibit A: Disney doesn't run the trams - people get upset.

Exhibit B: Disney announces they'll bring the trams back - people get upset.

Conclusion: nothing Disney does will please some people. Sheesh.
Sometimes this site truly makes me laugh.
Group A are not necessarily the same people as Group B.

So yeah, it is impossible to please everyone. That's life.

Magic Feather

I understand getting ahead of things and telling people that a thing that they've complained being missing is coming back, but good lord this isn't an announcement that needed 3 months of lead time. Unless there is some magical part needed to fix the trams that really can't arrive until 2022 (which I really don't believe), this is them being lazy and pushing off something that warrants restarting as soon as possible.

John park hopper

This pure Disney BS I have had equipment sitting for a year --fresh gas change the oil and it starts right up, even if they parked them having some one periodically start them there would be no problem getting them up and running. sorry not buying they need parts. It's all about money

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I understand getting ahead of things and telling people that a thing that they've complained being missing is coming back, but good lord this isn't an announcement that needed 3 months of lead time.

Well, it is if you're raising the price of parking today. It "softens the blow" for guests, who in just 3 months will be getting a little extra "magic" with their parking spot.

truecoat

My guess is because social distancing measures would have meant roughly only half of each car could be used, thus forcing wait times to double.

Or, you know, because rats made their nests inside them and ate all the engine parts. Those replacement parts were slowed down by the supply chain shenanigans, and yeah.

One funny thing about the rat rumor is that the trams are stored in the parking structure. This means the parking structure is infested with rats.

denyuntilcaught

This pure Disney BS I have had equipment sitting for a year --fresh gas change the oil and it starts right up, even if they parked them having some one periodically start them there would be no problem getting them up and running. sorry not buying they need parts. It's all about money
And staffing.

Which also, in theory, goes back to money.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
That’s awesome. Thanks!
There was another one yesterday:

1635533552505.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom