Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

note2001

Trails End was the most reasonably priced buffet on propery, but certainly not the best. It appealed to my kids with their limited palates as well as my wallet. It was a hoop-de-do style offering without the time and expense of the show. To me it felt like it had half of the buffet offerings that other locations have.

Will I miss it? Yes. I loved sitting in a rocker on the porch waiting for our reservation to be called. If this is to become a quick service location, presumably with tables as all should have, I'm all for it.

note2001

For those saying Trail's End is difficult to get to... are you aware of the direct bus running from Wilderness LODGE over to there? Not a trek at all.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Seems to make sense. As a frequent guest at the Cabins, I’d like to be able to drive for a quick bite nearby without a reservation and without renting a golf cart.
Amen. Fort Wilderness has the same issue that Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and Kidani Village have. Disney apparently said to themselves "many people at these resorts have kitchens, therefore we don't need a quality quick service offering."

For those saying Trail's End is hard to get to... you are aware of the direct bus running from Wilderness LODGE over to there, yes? Not hard at all.
Non-signature, non-character TS dining at resorts is primarily for the guests of those resorts.

There's a reason Sanaa lunch is super easy to get into and Boma doesn't serve lunch at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Trails End was the most reasonably priced buffet on propery, but certainly not the best. It appealed to my kids with their limited palates as well as my wallet. It was a hoop-de-do style offering without the time and expense of the show. To me it felt like it had half of the buffet offerings that other locations have.

Will I miss it? Yes. I loved sitting in a rocker on the porch waiting for our reservation to be called. If this is to become a quick service location, presumably with tables as all should have, I'm all for it.
The bigger point…and it shot past the tower…is that they systematically destroyed all things that provide “value”

If I’m running a six flags…fine…they’re not coming back.
But when your objective is a 7+ day squat in a compound…that’s a bad look

note2001

No…and if I asked at magic kingdoms entry plaza…how many name tags would have a clue?
Probably most, but if caught off guard would not recognize the restaurant's name.
I would hope that when one makes a dining reservation that they know where the restaurant is located and the logistics of parking near it. That applies to dining anywhere, not just WDW.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Probably most, but if caught off guard would not recognize the restaurant's name.
I would hope that when one makes a dining reservation that they know where the restaurant is located and the logistics of parking near it. That applies to dining anywhere, not just WDW.
Fort Wilderness is pretty unique in terms of "places where the parking lot is super far from all of the stuff you might actually be trying to get to."

I can't think of anywhere similar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I doubt it’s well known. But I’d hope so…

My skepticism is well earned…having been and managed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only group of people who have any clue that this exists are Wilderness Lodge front desk staff and BRV/CCV DVC owners.
…you’re giving a lot of BOTD there

A frequent frustration mistake customers make in Orlando is assuming that those working in hotels know their properties. They don’t teach it/value it anymore.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
…you’re giving a lot of BOTD there

A frequent frustration mistake customers make in Orlando is assuming that those working in hotels know their properties. They don’t teach it/value it anymore.
That's why I limited it to the front desk. I have zero confidence that the wait staff at Whispering Canyon has any clue about Wilderness Lodge transportation, nor do I have any confidence that the front desk at Wilderness Lodge knows which characters appear at Ohana breakfast. But the front desk of a resort should at least have that resort's transportation down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's why I limited it to the front desk. I have zero confidence that the wait staff at Whispering Canyon has any clue about Wilderness Lodge transportation, nor do I have any confidence that the front desk at Wilderness Lodge knows which characters appear at Ohana breakfast. But the front desk of a resort should at least have that resort's transportation down.
Most of my “on the ground” experience was IN GSO…that’s the desk, kid 👍🏻

That was what I was warning about 😂

You’re not getting $600 experience for that $700 room

celluloid

You should have faith that they have the training and means provided to them to find out for you though. And that is all that really matters.

Fordlover

I've missed the buffet since it closed, but I have a hard time believing the quality (or value for that matter) will increase with a QSR over the buffet. However, I'm always happy to have WDC prove me wrong. Go ahead, I dare ya!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Oh I think you’re crossed up here…is anyone claiming it would?

No way…this is to increase price and shave margins
They're going to increase prices by switching from an all-you-can-eat TS buffet to an a la carte quick service?

I guarantee you the check average will be going down here, not to mention the switch from a tipped workforce to a non-tipped workforce. There might be a cynical explanation to the change, but this one ain't it. Or just maybe they had feedback that the resort needed a QS option and this is a customer service play. Crazy talk, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom