Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

fotofx

I stay at the Fort several times a year. Before Covid when it was a buffet we loved it. As family style it went downhill quickly. It never really had enough capacity for the Fort and was always hard to get into. I think they realized they could make more money as a QSR and handle a greater capacity. Very sad to see it go..

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The quality of the food definitely went downhill when they switched to family style. If they weren’t going to return to the buffet of yesteryear, then this change probably makes sense.

fotofx

The quality of the food definitely went downhill when they switched to family style. If they weren’t going to return to the buffet of yesteryear, then this change probably makes sense.
Or they could have just gone back to the buffet. They share a kitchen with HDD and that was the excuse while it was closed for Covid. Now that it is back open they should have been able to resume the buffet as it was before.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Or they could have just gone back to the buffet. They share a kitchen with HDD and that was the excuse while it was closed for Covid. Now that it is back open they should have been able to resume the buffet as it was before.
Agree, but for whatever reason, it seems pretty clear that was not going to happen.

Last edited:

Jambo Dad

I've been unhappy since they stopped the buffet. This may very well end this as one of my go to dining locations.
No buffet dropped it to the bottom for me. It was a great inexpensive choice with great fried chicken. Previously it was easy enough to get to if you were at wilderness,poly, contemp, grand Flo or Magic. It’s right up the beach from he boat dock.

CaptainAmerica

I see that I'm in the minority here but I thought that the buffet was lousy. I welcome the change.

To be clear, I am not anti-buffet. Boma is my favorite restaurant on property. But I've eaten at Trail's End about 3 times each for both breakfast and lunch/dinner, and the food quality was poor every time.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

The degradation continues.... :mad:
Ah yes, removing a buffet line is a well-known quality reduction technique.

I know there are buffet haters out there, but I loved it. Another buffet is gone.

I guess it makes sense from TWDC standpoint. Why provide a good value?

Just force folks to buy whatever you put out there, ( see Genie +)
Buffets are not a good value.

They share a kitchen with HDD and that was the excuse while it was closed for Covid.
Internet rumors aren't an "excuse." Disney never said "this is closed because HDD is closed." People do this all the time. They take rumors and assumptions made in the fan community and then say "Disney is making excuses."

Now that it is back open they should have been able to resume the buffet as it was before.
The buffet was not well-rated by guests.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Best breakfast on property.
You serious?

tumblr_lzs9gwa71n1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Hockey89

I see that I'm in the minority here but I thought that the buffet was lousy. I welcome the change.

To be clear, I am not anti-buffet. Boma is my favorite restaurant on property. But I've eaten at Trail's End about 3 times each for both breakfast and lunch/dinner, and the food quality was poor every time.
As someone who hates buffets, Boma is pretty darn good... I stayed at the AK last stay and the breakfast was very good. The woodfire ham was awesome and I'm not a big fan of Ham....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But only from MK (and Contemporary when they are running the Bay Lake route). From anywhere else on property, it's at least two bus rides (one to the outpost and then the internal bus). And for those driving, it's still a bus ride from outpost.
The boats are the only semi-convenient way to get there…

So the cancellation of that (bad idea) dvc is gonna put more stuff in jeopardy

Whoop dee doo is a dead show walking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom