Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here is a tour of the new Trail's End

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/trails-end-buffet/gallery/31jul2023-trail's-end-restaurant-overview-2023.htm

Trails-End-Buffet_Full_52472.jpg

Trails-End-Buffet_Full_52459.jpg

Bocabear

yeah...sad is the word...Looks like a corporate deli in an office building...(not the dining room) the dining room is about the same...there is nothing appetizing about the way that setup looks... not that it looked amazing before but now it is even more commercial looking.... I guess it is Whispering Canyon, too bad it is so loud in there... I will miss this place.

aladdin2007

yeah...sad is the word...Looks like a corporate deli in an office building...(not the dining room) the dining room is about the same...there is nothing appetizing about the way that setup looks... not that it looked amazing before but now it is even more commercial looking.... I guess it is Whispering Canyon, too bad it is so loud in there... I will miss this place.
I really have issue with what they have done to Ft Wilderness now. It use to have beautiful grounds, a nice petting zoo with large trees and grassy areas before you got to the horse stables. Now they have ripped all that out, left it and let go with nothing but construction fences, not to mention the demise of the mickey backyard brbq area....the place has really been hacked up and left to nothing but a shell of its former self. They have no direction or plans with the place. its pathetic on Disney's part.

Bocabear

I really have issue with what they have done to Ft Wilderness now. It use to have beautiful grounds, a nice petting zoo with large trees and grassy areas before you got to the horse stables. Now they have ripped all that out, left it and let go with nothing but construction fences, not to mention the demise of the mickey backyard brbq area....the place has really been hacked up and left to nothing but a shell of its former self. They have no direction or plans with the place. its pathetic on Disney's part.
I remember when they had a train..... It was an amazing place back in the day.
Maybe bringing in the DVC cabins will put some money in the budget for an infrastructure refresh, new themed pools and some of the best of the old stuff rebuilt... It is a shame... it is a beautiful property and could be really spectacular...an extension of the Wilderness Lodge property...but more like living in Frontierland... Whimsical, beautiful and fun...

note2001

I remember when they had a train..... It was an amazing place back in the day.
Maybe bringing in the DVC cabins will put some money in the budget for an infrastructure refresh, new themed pools and some of the best of the old stuff rebuilt... It is a shame... it is a beautiful property and could be really spectacular...an extension of the Wilderness Lodge property...but more like living in Frontierland... Whimsical, beautiful and fun...
I remember the train! Word is they added it as Walt did our would have wanted it, but the Disney team had no idea how to lay rails properly so it kept derailing as they settled into the soft ground.

For a few years there they replaced the train with trams, just like those parking lot trams we see now. They were a blast to ride through the winding roads of Fort Wilderness and the drivers were hysterical.

I don't think they've ruined Fort wilderness, but rather have been changing it to keep up with the times and demands. The campground is more than double its original capacity. Golf cats are everywhere and no one has time to just rest and enjoy the little things, however the Fort will continue to force you to slow down and take it in.

The removal of Trails end as a sit down location is unfortunate, but the campground needed a decent quick dining location. There's not very much theming you can do to pizza ovens unless you're Via Napoli. At least they kept the chicken :)

Last edited:

Love Ft Wilderness

Based on pictures posted thus far, it appears the Davy Crockett (Fess Parker) picture is gone. Does anybody know what happened to it?
Maybe it'll show up in an auction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom