Traditional Disney Things you do..

dixiegirl

Original Poster
So out of curiousity, are there things that you must do when you go to Walt Disney World..Either on your first day...last day whenever....certain restaurant.....place to take pics..whatever.....what is it??..for me like i'm sure many of your there are so many...we always have to do the pic in front of the castle..but also every year when we go and stay at POR in the arcade there is this mickey mouse driving a car ride ....well ever year since our oldest has gone we always get a pic..(she will be six in sept and has gone ever year she was one ) and now we do the same with her sister who will be three soon....its amzing how much they look alike, but its nice to see how they've grown year from year....oh also which this is another yeah , its kinda well...stupid but I also have this thing with the cheese and fruit platter at POR I usually end my nite with that And a couple of glasses of wine back at the room...its kinda my "disney thing" as my husband would say..Ok gotta share this with you guys...which to me was one of those things that really did'nt have to be done..we had gone one nite to the dining hall at POR to get a cheese and fruit platter but they were all out...so I asked one of the cm's if there we by any chance more in the back...well there were none at the particular moment , but they would make me up a platter ...let me tell you....there was so much freaken cheese and fruit on this platter it was unbelievable...ok yeah stupid story, but to me it was one of those things that they did'nt have to do but they went out of their way...yeah your gonna hear all kind of stories ...but to me..that's the disney diffence..ok i'll shut up now...please tell any traditions....

46 more days..till my cheese and platter fest...woohoo!!!!!!

Ringo8n24

I like to buy wine at POR's food court and head out to drink it by the water out back of there. It is so relaxing. We also have to go to DTD to get chocolate covered strawberries and eat them by the waterside there. It is a total must. The "small" things count so much to completing the trip.

PS> I have to take a picture of my hotel room door with the number showing each time to track which rooms we have stayed in.:)

monorailguy01

Something we must do when my friends and myself go to WDW are....

We must ride the steam train around the park atleast one time on our visit..
Go to all the EMH we can
Eat somewhere new to eat in the countrys
get our pictures taken from as many of those people we can find in the parks.. ( you know the ones that stand around with cameras):lol:
MUST see all 3 firework shows...
Park hop is a must too...
mouse boating.... we have been doing this everytrip for years...
resort pool hoping (just dont get caught)
Pin trade at the CR, Epcot, POP, and DTD
Ride the monorail around the resorts at night.. I have been doing that for years now..... and IF you catch it the right time you would be able to see wishes and the water pagent at the same time....
Some traditional stuff I do by myself is
I like to go to Mexico and get a margareta and sit by the water and just take in all the Disney magic...
Hang out late by the pool and just chill relax the body for the next days adventure..
a new tradition i want to do when I go back is drink around the world..
sounds tough but i think i can do it
And I have to ride space ship earth 2 times in a row.. dont ask I just do it
And I started this one in may when I went with some friends.. Buy some random Disney hat and wear it in parks and see how many people come up to you sayin they like your hat.. (a good way to pick up the ladies or guy if your female :lol:)

man there is so much stuff that is traditional that we do.. I can go on and on and on but I thin

ryguy

We always go to the Polynesian and get a drink at the Tambu lounge.:p We get cupcakes at Captain Cooks too.

Another must is a sugar cookie (ones with sprinkles, not m&m's)from Port Orleans Riverside. For some reason there better than all other sugar cookies on property.

A dole whip is a must have as well.

Visit the Art of Disney.

We always love to eat at Portobello but for some reason the last two years the food quality has gone down considerbly :veryconfu . So our new favorite is Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

Basically we spend most of our time traveling around eating. :hammer:

Nansafan

We have traditions and rules.

Tradition: First ride in the first visit to the MK every trip is the TTA (on subsequent MK visits during a vacation, we ride whatever has a short wait time)

Rule: Do not use the "H" word while on vacation unless you are referring to the resort as "HOME".

Tradition: (Old one since it is not enforced like it used to be) Always get a hand-stamp, you never know if we'll be back to a park (even on go home day) that night.

Rule: Keep up or be left behind. (Sometimes you have to take one for the team.)

Craig & Lisa

When we drive under the welcome sign, all of our problems that are at home stay there. Must do all of the mountains in MK. Can't stand it but must smell that rotton water!! Ride IASW to get it outta my system.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Craig & Lisa said:
When we drive under the welcome sign, all of our problems that are at home stay there. Must do all of the mountains in MK. Can't stand it but must smell that rotton water!! Ride IASW to get it outta my system.

So true that you say that all your problems dissapear when you go to disney..I know that crime and sickos and what not are everywhere..yes I know even in "Disney: but for however long your there....they seem to go away...forgotten....Last nite I was watching a thing on larry king about john walsh(his son was kidnapped and killed 25 years ago , Americas most wanted host) I told my husband I really coud'nt wait to go to the"land of make believe" because it does seem for such a small amount of time...your troubles really do go away...for a little..there is resort tv...not the normal , sad depressing local news..yeah it may be 9:00 am here...but a blue moonshine at muddyrivers at POR sounds happy right about now!!

Tradition

On the last day of our trip my husband gets a Mickey shaped rice krispy treat and I get a caramel apple with nuts. We bring it home and eat it while watching our video of the trip and looking at our pictures. We've done it every trip.

We also always shop at Mouse Gear, the Emporium and the World of Disney.

alanbrai

Every time I visit WDW I must start and finish my vacation with a hot dog from Casey's Corner. The best hot dog on this whole planet.

trr313

dixiegirl said:
So true that you say that all your problems dissapear when you go to disney..I know that crime and sickos and what not are everywhere..yes I know even in "Disney: but for however long your there....they seem to go away...forgotten....Last nite I was watching a thing on larry king about john walsh(his son was kidnapped and killed 25 years ago , Americas most wanted host) I told my husband I really coud'nt wait to go to the"land of make believe" because it does seem for such a small amount of time...your troubles really do go away...for a little..there is resort tv...not the normal , sad depressing local news..yeah it may be 9:00 am here...but a blue moonshine at muddyrivers at POR sounds happy right about now!!

I cannot agree with both of you more. I love that when my family and I are at Disney the problems at home are not even thought of. I truly believe that is part of the reason that I love Disney World so very much. I cannot wait to go again. I start back to school in August for my 4th semester of nursing school and I know how stressed I'm going to be.

Scooter

Here's our familys traditions.
Every trip we do these same two things when we arrive.

1) Turn on resort TV in our room then we change clothes and
2) Get Chicken fingers basket at the Food and Fun Center at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
(also: we always use Kens Honey Mustard dipping sauce )

pluto77

My brother, sisters, and I all have a hotdog picture of us when we ate our first hotdog at Casey's Corner. So now whenever we bring someone new, we have to go to Casey's Corner at least once and get a hotdog picture of the new person/people.

sarajo

Our tradition takes place on the last day, before we head off property... we go to the MK, stand outside the train station where the flower Mickey head is and take a family picture. That seems to be our biggie for the trip.

A lesser tradition... eating at Brown Derby on New Year's Eve. It's a family thing, with all 25+ in attendance. (if you're there on New Year's Eve, we're at the 2 or 3 long tables in the middle of the room) And since we travel with the Osborne family (for the Christmas lights), we pretty much always get to have a picture time with Mickey and Minnie at the lights- that's really fun for the kids (and those of us kids at heart!).

Sometime during the visit, always have to get a chocolate covered pretzel... doesn't matter when it happens, it just has to happen!

All this talk is making me anxious for the next trip, which is now less than 5 months away. Can't wait!

At Disney I always have to get a picture in front of the castle at the Magic Kingdom and see the Share A Dream Come True Parade. There are a lot of things that have become tradition over the years, so I don't miss much!

"...it was all started by a mouse."

SallyShine

Enter the MK through the right tunnel and head directly to PoC. However, the last time we were there it was closed. It was really weird but we decided to hit HM first.

VeRTiGo91

I stare at the castle, as often as I can, and can't believe how magical everything is. I put my arm around my wife, with the kids near, and take it all in. All problems cease, and I plan on my visit as soon as I get on the monorail!

Valawen9

I always go on PotC first thing. I'm going to have to break tradition in September! I promised my sweetie I'd wait to go on it with him in October...we wanted to ride it together for the first time since the new additions :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom