Toy Story Mania Wii Reviews

the-reason14

I think you just have to play in story mode for a while to unlock games. Then go to Free Play and Build a series of games using the ones from the ride.

So, there doesn't seem to be a "ride" mode - you can just customize it in the order you want to play.

I was a bit confused about the story mode atfirst. Thats the first mode I played yesterday when I got it, and I thought that since it has the autosave feature that I would be able to come back and start from where I left off, wrong. But once you unlock enough games, you can literally use the tickets to buy the other games you want without really going through all the games presented in story mode. I dont really see the "story" in story mode, but I guess because I havent played through the other tents yet.

Im kinda glad they dont have a "ride" mode where the games would be exactly like the ride, because I think the way its set up, with the amount of time given, waggle, and the speed of the projectiles, it would probably mess up people when switching from the home version to the theme park version. But I do like that you can build the games in the order they appear on the ride, and have them in either 3d or regular.

the-reason14

I'm getting Nintendo Thumb all over again! :lol:

Day 2 was much better, as far as navigation. Unlocked a ton of games.

I still don't understand the waggle thing. It seems as though both playes (when 2 are playing) get the same "bonus points" no matter what you do, or how well you waggle. And are you supposed to mimic the actual speed of the graphic on the screen, or go as fast as you can? There really are no instructions regarding the waggle stuff, that I can find :veryconfu

Regardless, I love it! :sohappy:

Im also a little confused over this. I thought that the end waggle parts were like the bonus round on the ride, but I dont think its like that. And it also seems on some games the faster you waggle the quicker whatever it is you're trying to unlock gets unlocked, but Im not 100% sure on that either. And as far as with the multiplayer, I think the person waggling the most gets the most points. It seems like one on screen wiimote reflects that, but I may be wrong about that too lol.

JimboJones123

We played in Story mode last night and unlocked several games that you can play in free play. The Bo Peep water ballon pop is like the ride, as well as the ring toss, Woody's Shootup, The Army man Plate shoot, and a few more. We also unlocked those in 3-D. It is just okay in 3-D and I know it isn't the tv because we have a 1080p Plasma that is only a few months old. All in all though fun game but it isn't worth the headache you get from the glasses to play it in 3-D so far unless there is more to unlock.

TV resolution is not very important on the Wii.

It actually has a max of 480i, so the 1080p would not be taken advantage of on the Wii.

Tom Morrow

^ With the component cables, Wii can do 480p and looks a hell of a lot better. I recommend the Wii component cable for anyone using Wii on an HDTV. It really should just come with it.

RealHawker

not fan of the "unlocking" trend with video games in past 3-4 years -

Got the game 2 nights ago - its fun. Does not really immerse you like the ride, but what did you expect.

The 3-D is not that good. Would have been great if they spent the $46 to get Joan Cusack to do Jessie's voice because whoever they got is terrible.

once you unlock all the games, by finishing the story mode it can be enjoyable. My son was not a fan of the not shooting mini games, like labyrinth maze and the rocket launch.

DizFanatic

Gonna get it today on the way home from work!

Funny - the first thing that my wife said when we rode TSM during soft opening was "I want this ride for home!" Well, tonight she gets her wish, without the ride car that is.
:sohappy:

DisneyGigi

TV resolution is not very important on the Wii.

It actually has a max of 480i, so the 1080p would not be taken advantage of on the Wii.

^ With the component cables, Wii can do 480p and looks a hell of a lot better. I recommend the Wii component cable for anyone using Wii on an HDTV. It really should just come with it.

I don't know what kind of cable is hooked up to it, I assume what came with it. We have the hdtv cable that is so expensive for the xbox and dvd player because the guy at Best Buy talked me into it at Christmas but to honest I can't tell the difference in it and the other cable that we use for DTV.

Does anyone think that 3-D in the game is good because it just makes my head hurt. It does not look 3-D really just blurrier.

Tom Morrow

I don't know what kind of cable is hooked up to it, I assume what came with it. We have the hdtv cable that is so expensive for the xbox and dvd player because the guy at Best Buy talked me into it at Christmas but to honest I can't tell the difference in it and the other cable that we use for DTV.
Then you must not have your settings correct, because Xbox 360 on HDMI or even component (red green blue) looks 10 times better than just standard composite (yellow).

Composite (yellow) can only produce a 480i resolution, and on HDTVs it also results in a very washed out picture on top of being extremely blurry. You need to set your Xbox cable to HDTV and set the resolution to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.

Wii comes packaged with a composite (yellow) video cable, which can only do 480i. If you purchase a Wii component (red green blue) cable, it will can do 480p but will look a lot better even in 480i.

Ignohippo

I'm looking forward to picking this up over the weekend at Target (for the 3d packaging – I'm a sucker for the "limited edition" packaging).

I have the iPhone game too and love it! It's definitely worth $5. The only thing I don't like about it is that the different games have totally different types of "shooting." Sarge's area is the worst where you have to aim with one finger and shoot with the other. The other games, where you just swipe to shoot, are a blast. It's got great graphics, too. Highly recommended!

WDWFigment

Original Poster

Yet another reason why you should never shop at Best Buy (with the exception of the seldom release-week media deal). They probably sold you some overpriced Monster Cables for $99 each, whereas you could have bought the same cables that do the same thing online for about $5 each.

Monster Cables are the biggest rip off of all time. I have no clue how that company is still in business. I guess by praying on ignorance. :shrug:

DisneyGigi

Then you must not have your settings correct, because Xbox 360 on HDMI or even component (red green blue) looks 10 times better than just standard composite (yellow).

Composite (yellow) can only produce a 480i resolution, and on HDTVs it also results in a very washed out picture on top of being extremely blurry. You need to set your Xbox cable to HDTV and set the resolution to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.

Wii comes packaged with a composite (yellow) video cable, which can only do 480i. If you purchase a Wii component (red green blue) cable, it will can do 480p but will look a lot better even in 480i.

The picture is really good on xbox and DTV so maybe it is set there. I don't know anything about stuff like that so I will ask DH. :veryconfu I know that we have not bought another Wii cable though it is the one that came with it so we will pic up another one. Thanks for the info.

Yet another reason why you should never shop at Best Buy (with the exception of the seldom release-week media deal). They probably sold you some overpriced Monster Cables for $99 each, whereas you could have bought the same cables that do the same thing online for about $5 each.

Monster Cables are the biggest rip off of all time. I have no clue how that company is still in business. I guess by praying on ignorance. :shrug:

I would fall into the ignorance category! When I bought his tv for the bedroom for Christmas... he told me I had to have them when I asked what I needed to have it ready to be hooked up on Christmas. DH nearly died of heart failure when he saw them and knew what I paid for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom