News Toy Story Mania to be available via standby queue ahead of entrance relocation

matt9112

For me personally, I believe that it is a capacity problem and not a FP+ problem

they are both connected. if you had more capacity (noticable more not 200 here or there) you wouldn't ever need a FP system period.. but here we are. it's a cost issue at its core. If I build a single attraction and you all wait 3 hours for it and my line is around the block who cares you wait so why do I care? if I build 3 and now you wait an hour each i have to pay to operate and hire and fix and refurb three things but the bottom line didnt change. you are all still waiting. thus full ques are likely not viewed very negatively from a business point of view. I could see where merch sales would be a plus if I did some kind of FP system with my fictional attraction and I also ran a popcorn and soda shop however in Disney's case we now know people dont do that they simply go wait for other rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
ok the basic theory is like this currently FP spreads crowds out evenly because when you reserve your attractions far in advance somebody somewhere picks COP....at rope drop (remember the first window is technically at park open

Lemme stop you right there.

At any time of the day there are FPs readily available for *right now* in the MK for a whole bunch of rides that people don't want to go on or don't want to waste a FP for. Usually Barnstormer, PhilharMagic, and the spinners. FP isn't forcing people to go on rides they don't want to go on.

Also, CoP, TTA, carousel, Tiki, CBJ and a lot of the entertainment don't have FPs at all.

matt9112

Lemme stop you right there.

At any time of the day there are FPs readily available for *right now* in the MK for a whole bunch of rides that people don't want to go on or don't want to waste a FP for. Usually Barnstormer, PhilharMagic, and the spinners. FP isn't forcing people to go on rides they don't want to go on.

Also, CoP, TTA, carousel, Tiki, CBJ and a lot of the entertainment don't have FPs at all.

did they not test FP at COP? I sware I saw it before. on busy dates you have no choice you pick what you can IMHO.

Goofyernmost

did they not test FP at COP? I sware I saw it before. on busy dates you have no choice you pick what you can IMHO.
Testing FP at CoP would be an exercise in thinking something worked when it really didn't. CoP has never needed a FP since the first time I saw it in 1983. Longest wait is usually 5 minutes or the time it takes for each scene to play out. You get in line, the door opens the crowd goes in and sits down and it starts to move. Cue, next group to go on. There isn't even a line... it's just a grouping.

Goofyernmost

Didn’t stop them elsewhere though....
Oh, I didn't say they didn't do it, but, I implied that it was a predictable outcome for that location and just a waste of corporate money. Waste of time for any of the "shows" that take in large groups at one time. But, it does give them a target for those that don't know any better to use up their allotment of FP's when they can't get the ones that they really wanted.

Zipadeelady

I just tried to get FP for TSMM on June 27 and there isn't any available. Is it because they are all used, which I would be surprised or because they aren't "giving" FP out at this time?

exnihlio13

Sorry, I just read that. Maybe I should read the thread before putting my question out there. :happy: Thanks for answering.
Although many have reported fastpasses becoming available the day of late morning. So you may be able to snag one the morning of the 27th.
Also things seem to be fluid and there's also thoughts they'll open fastpasses back up closer to opening day.

Zipadeelady

Although many have reported fastpasses becoming available the day of late morning. So you may be able to snag one the morning of the 27th.
Also things seem to be fluid and there's also thoughts they'll open fastpasses back up closer to opening day.
I'm assuming I would have to use my first 3 though before I could book a TSMM fast pass? I would prefer to switch out my RR out for a TSMM if I'm able to book earlier. I'll just keep watching i guess.

exnihlio13

Last edited:

Rteetz

Can anyone who's been to HS lately confirm if the "day of" fastpasses for Toy Story Mania are still popping up mid morning?
Heading there this Sunday and hoping we can squeeze in some of the HSW essentials and then maybe park hop at lunchtime.
Thanks!
No its still standby only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom