Toy Story Mania Problems

aladdin2007

Original Poster
I dont think this has been posted yet but forgive me if it has. Jim Hills site today (i know it has to be taken as iffy a lot) reported that Imagineers have been unable to get Toy Story Mania to work right, so they have quietly canceled Cast previews for this Friday, however everything else after is still on schedule, but apparently cast previews postponed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Problems are always going to happen with new projects, which is why they have periods of soft opening. I wouldnt read anything into this at all.

There have already been Studios cast that have ridden, so things are definately very close.

ImagineerAndy

Jim Hill could put a negative spin on a cure for cancer!

These kinds of things happen all the time, if you could see the rushing around before attractions open, even an hour before you would be amazed, even Everest wasn't completely working on opening to the public, all rides go through periods of adjustment, it is just that TSM is one of the most complicated rides ever designed!!

WaltsApprentice

I dont think this has been posted yet but forgive me if it has. Jim Hills site today (i know it has to be taken as iffy a lot) reported that Imagineers have been unable to get Toy Story Mania to work right, so they have quietly canceled Cast previews for this Friday, however everything else after is still on schedule, but apparently cast previews postponed.

Well if this is true...thats nice they they are working hard first to get it correct before previews...because we know how people get on here when an attraction is not up to par ...during previews...::cough:: SSE:: cough:: :rolleyes:the nerve of disney making us be the guina pigs :rolleyes: hahaha...just joking.

But hey thats what previews are for! During my preview of Nemo and Friends everything worked properly...but then when I went on for AP preview...there was a bright light shinning on the AA arm in the Angler Fish sceen.... Things sometimes go wrong during preview...hence to word preview. I'll have to wait to see come April 28-May 4;)

wannab@dis

Some observations...

1. previews "quietly" cancelled... what did he expect? a press release? Maybe a CM can pipe up, but I'm betting the original notification to casts has simply been removed from the calendar or a note added that it was postponed. Using "quietly" was just another way to make it more ominous.

2. What's wrong? Notice how he didn't say WHAT was wrong. But, it's implied they haven't been able to get past the 72 hour CONTINUOUS operation. Not that it's not working... just not continuous. Big difference. Not working is major design flaw. Not working for 72 hours CONTINUOUSLY is operational issues of a brand new attraction with brand new technology.

3. Why mention the whole supposed 'culture clash' between Disney / Pixar. JH is known for his anti-pixar stand... seems to me he's looking to introduce another anti-pixar article for his minions.

While I'm sure there will be issues in this opening, just like EVERY other new attraction, this article seems to be a hit piece with no teeth. Of course, we'll all see what happens shortly. :lol:

coasterphil

This is a huge disappointment for me. I'm going back home for nearly two months next Wednesday and this was my chance to experience it. I'm really bummed right now.

WaltsApprentice

Some observations...

1. previews "quietly" cancelled... what did he expect? a press release? Maybe a CM can pipe up, but I'm betting the original notification to casts has simply been removed from the calendar or a note added that it was postponed. Using "quietly" was just another way to make it more ominous.

2. What's wrong? Notice how he didn't say WHAT was wrong. But, it's implied they haven't been able to get past the 72 hour CONTINUOUS operation. Not that it's not working... just not continuous. Big difference. Not working is major design flaw. Not working for 72 hours CONTINUOUSLY is operational issues of a brand new attraction with brand new technology.

3. Why mention the whole supposed 'culture clash' between Disney / Pixar. JH is known for his anti-pixar stand... seems to me he's looking to introduce another anti-pixar article for his minions.

While I'm sure there will be issues in this opening, just like EVERY other new attraction, this article seems to be a hit piece with no teeth. Of course, we'll all see what happens shortly. :lol:

GREAT POINTS!! :D Sooo true! So fair the design of the outside of the building looks really in high quality...I very pro-pixar...and I think this area needed this bad...

This is a huge disappointment for me. I'm going back home for nearly two months next Wednesday and this was my chance to experience it. I'm really bummed right now.
Remember this wasn't the offical annoucement...and besides...it will be up and running properly when you return.....with a nice long line...:lookaroun

TheKeeler7

Jim Hill could put a negative spin on a cure for cancer!

These kinds of things happen all the time, if you could see the rushing around before attractions open, even an hour before you would be amazed, even Everest wasn't completely working on opening to the public, all rides go through periods of adjustment, it is just that TSM is one of the most complicated rides ever designed!!

Where was the negative spin. Just because someone does an article about somthing doesn't mean he's taking shots. If you read the article (instead of going on the pre-concieved notions of JHM on this site) you'll see that he writes articles to inform people of the going's on, good and bad. And he talks about how complicated the ride system is. In 5 years of reading Jim everyday I never once thought he was negative against Disney till I saw it talked about on this site.

dbogue

I rode it last week, I have friends on the opening crew. Everything is still the same as far as I am aware of. Jim Hill was at the DAK 10th today so maybe he found something out that no one else did, but all the leadership today at the studios was still spreading the word about the cast previews. Also, a promotional photographer CM said the shoot will be taking place this weekend. That was told to me about 2 hours ago.

DisneyAnole

I rode it last week, I have friends on the opening crew. Everything is still the same as far as I am aware of. Jim Hill was at the DAK 10th today so maybe he found something out that no one else did, but all the leadership today at the studios was still spreading the word about the cast previews. Also, a promotional photographer CM said the shoot will be taking place this weekend. That was told to me about 2 hours ago.

Report? Good? Bad? Anything?

dbogue

WDI was VERY specific about what I was allowed to say and such. Which isn't much haha i'm sorry. But I can say it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. People try to tag it like buzz. I would say it is the closest relative, yet NOTHING like each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom