Toy Story Mania Problems

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I get not being blatantly public about things, but they act like they're protecting some super important secret.

Who cares what color they chose for the floor tile, ya know?

Not mentioning developments to avoid hikes in land price.. ok.. Not describing a ride you rode which opens in a few weeks? That's stupid.

I definitely feel like the department is overly defensive and at this point hiding things, not keeping things confidential, flat out hiding things in a shady manner.
Well about 6 months ago Disney opened up a refurbed attraction that was only about 90% complete and all hell broke loose. I can't imagine why they are being so tight lipped on this one.:rolleyes:

007mickey

Am I missing something here...I thought keeping ride details "secret" was part of hyping up an attraction? I really don't want details, just a general idea of what the attracation is and Disney has given that. I guess I'm alone on this but I don't want to read in-depth details about a new or refurbed attraction, I want to experience first hand. I have purposely not read all the info/opinions on SSE (seems like that was a good idea from certain comments), I'd rather it be a surprise. It's good to know a little, see what the buzz is all about but if I know every little thing about a new/refurb attraction, it kinda takes away from the experience...in my opinion.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well about 6 months ago Disney opened up a refurbed attraction that was only about 90% complete and all hell broke loose. I can't imagine why they are being so tight lipped on this one.:rolleyes:
you nailed it... and didnt they ban camera's and video for the last half of the rehab. merf, you gotta pick a side here.

dbogue

sad to say it, but I confirm it as well. I know I just said yesterday that it was different, but just announced today the previews are being "rescheduled"

degunter

AP Preview Guesstimates on Wait Times

Does anyone have a good guesstimate as how long the wait times will be for TSM, if they hold the AP Previews on Saturday May 10?

I was hoping to get there at opening, but will be spending time with my family at Epcot until the mid-afternoon and then am going to head over to DHS to try it out. But am curious how long people think the wait times will be on the first day of previews, assuming there are no major problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I imagine they wont postpone the AP previews unless its really serious. Considering its another 2 weeks away yet, I'm pretty sure that time frame is there as a measure to make sure it's at least ready by May 10th

That said I suspect a postponement will happen if its not fixed the week before or something

hauntdmansion79

Am I missing something here...I thought keeping ride details "secret" was part of hyping up an attraction? I really don't want details, just a general idea of what the attracation is and Disney has given that. I guess I'm alone on this but I don't want to read in-depth details about a new or refurbed attraction, I want to experience first hand. I have purposely not read all the info/opinions on SSE (seems like that was a good idea from certain comments), I'd rather it be a surprise. It's good to know a little, see what the buzz is all about but if I know every little thing about a new/refurb attraction, it kinda takes away from the experience...in my opinion.

I completely agree with you. I made a point not to read anything about the Haunted Mansion refurb and I was so glad I didn't because it made it so much more exciting when I rode it. I also didn't read about Spaceship Earth and again, was glad I experienced it first in person and not through a post (even though a warning about how bad the descent is would have soften the blow). On the other hand I did read and watched videos about Everest, Pirates, and the new Grand Fiestas Tour before I went and it didn't make them as exciting and fun, and I wished I hadn't. So it makes a big difference. I will say that it depends on the scale of the attraction or refurb as to whether I'll spoil it or not. Also if you're not going to WDW for a long long time, you might not be able to wait it out for that long.

WDWmom64055

I completely agree with you. I made a point not to read anything about the Haunted Mansion refurb and I was so glad I didn't because it made it so much more exciting when I rode it. I also didn't read about Spaceship Earth and again, was glad I experienced it first in person and not through a post (even though a warning about how bad the descent is would have soften the blow). On the other hand I did read and watched videos about Everest, Pirates, and the new Grand Fiestas Tour before I went and it didn't make them as exciting and fun, and I wished I hadn't. So it makes a big difference. I will say that it depends on the scale of the attraction or refurb as to whether I'll spoil it or not. Also if you're not going to WDW for a long long time, you might not be able to wait it out for that long.

Ah, give it some time. Life will take care of that problem for you! I'm edging up on those years where I'll be able to hide my own Easter Eggs. Ya'll could paint me a picture and, with all the nonsense that rattles around in this brain of mine day-to-day, by the time I get there it will all be new to me.

Who says getting old doesn't have it's advantages! :ROFLOL:

disneydata

An email was sent out to the Studios leadership team (and I got it) since it was only a Studios Cast Preview. This is probably due to the fact that they haven't completed the required 72-hour cycle. All new rides have to cycle for 3 days (day and night) without any issues which is the current problem. Last I heard it was not done and there have been some problems they can't or don't know how to fix yet. Anyone not associated to the project is not allowed to ride until after it is completed.

It could (and probably will) still be done by AP previews which is why they're holding off cancelling it. Once it opens for AP previews, the lines will probably be VERY long unless you get there early. Even after it officially opens, it's expected to have the longest wait at DHS for a while, including Coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom