Toy Story Mania Problems

mousermerf

Account Suspended
WDI was VERY specific about what I was allowed to say and such. Which isn't much haha i'm sorry. But I can say it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. People try to tag it like buzz. I would say it is the closest relative, yet NOTHING like each other.

I wonder why they want such tight lips? It's not like it wont open in a few weeks.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's pretty much SOP for WDI.

I get not being blatantly public about things, but they act like they're protecting some super important secret.

Who cares what color they chose for the floor tile, ya know?

Not mentioning developments to avoid hikes in land price.. ok.. Not describing a ride you rode which opens in a few weeks? That's stupid.

I definitely feel like the department is overly defensive and at this point hiding things, not keeping things confidential, flat out hiding things in a shady manner.

kimmychad

I get not being blatantly public about things, but they act like they're protecting some super important secret.

Not mentioning developments to avoid hikes in land price.. ok.. Not describing a ride you rode which opens in a few weeks? That's stupid.

I definitely feel like the department is overly defensive and at this point hiding things, not keeping things confidential, flat out hiding things in a shady manner.

maybe they read your threads about sse :ROFLOL:

Captain Hank

Meh. Regardless, we'll find out in a few weeks.

dbogue

They do not want anything getting out about the game play. It is very unique, and I think after you have pointed out how close it is.... you can probably wait that amount of time to find out huh? ;)

DisneyAnole

WDI was VERY specific about what I was allowed to say and such. Which isn't much haha i'm sorry. But I can say it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. People try to tag it like buzz. I would say it is the closest relative, yet NOTHING like each other.

So they told you that you could say it's awesome but nothing else. Hmm...

I'm just giving you a hard time. We'll hear all about it in a week or so.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They do not want anything getting out about the game play. It is very unique, and I think after you have pointed out how close it is.... you can probably wait that amount of time to find out huh? ;)

It's not unique. It's the same exact apparatus as used at DisneyQuest - what on earth are they talking about?

You shoot things, on screen.. with the gun that is exactly the same as the one from DQ.

What's there to be secret about? It's not like it's some complex system that anything remotely special, rather it's just a combination of previously invented technology used in a new way.

What grand secret do they think they're hiding?

dbogue

It's not unique. It's the same exact apparatus as used at DisneyQuest - what on earth are they talking about?

You shoot things, on screen.. with the gun that is exactly the same as the one from DQ.

What's there to be secret about? It's not like it's some complex system that anything remotely special, rather it's just a combination of previously invented technology used in a new way.

What grand secret do they think they're hiding?

All i'm saying is that they told me mum's the word with my gameplay experience. There are different ways its used obviously. I know its the same technology as DQ but still, its used in a different manner and I'll keep my mouth shut if thats what they want. I don't understand why you would get so upset, I know everyone is excited about the attraction but if its the same thing why do you care so much?

wannab@dis

All i'm saying is that they told me mum's the word with my gameplay experience. There are different ways its used obviously. I know its the same technology as DQ but still, its used in a different manner and I'll keep my mouth shut if thats what they want. I don't understand why you would get so upset, I know everyone is excited about the attraction but if its the same thing why do you care so much?
Merf, upset about something... I'm assuming your question is rhetorical? Right? :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended

No upset, just don't get the secrecy. If you can't talk, i'm not mad at you. I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

And that said, oo! the craig's list casting call.. I could be in another WDW guidebook/pamphlet!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About the culture clash.. the two really are night and day overall. WDI is red-tape central with all kinds of political crap. Pixar is far less so (there's always some) and hell-bent on a good product despite who gets credit for it.

Oh Joy another Jim Hill article on WDWMagic

I imagine whatevers wrong with Toy Story Mania is fixable, surely a 72 hour continous run is one of the last tests to clear before its ready to roll right? Eather way if opening previews are delayed I imagine they'll be fixing it up ASAP. So doesnt seem a biggie

Regardless I have some respect for Mr Hill. Who does have some really good articles at times but in the past 2 years he's been a bit....anti Pixar to some degree and tends to also post up articles that take tidbits of info and turns it into some story about how people are concerned with the process of film x and it might bomb because of whats been said.

Mousemerf; With upcoming things, if a company is making a big deal about a new product they normally dont want to spill the beans too early. The world of video games in perticular is full of people NDAing each other so info about a new game doesnt leak. Disney are the same with attractions. Disney normally hates mass details of a ride slipping out before proper opening (unless they put it out there in the first place). I doubt it's a case of technical marvels of the likes never seen before. Phillarmagic wasnt really anything majorly new and they still kept that quite heavilly under wraps till the show was made public (with the exception of very short summary of the plot and the mention it was Disney cast in 3D)

Really it's not the tech they are protecting so much as the experience. Spill something too early and your competitors get a better view of your attraction and can copy it. Or steal the opening days thunder by the competitor announcing a copycat ride. Granted it'll happen anyways once the rides open but this is more to protect and keep the ride relatively unique for opening at least.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Based on past experience and such.. the 72 hour test is the last test before WDI hands the ride over to Ops. One Ops has it, it's entirely up to them how it's operated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom