Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

I agree with everyone I've read in the last few pages. It's a cute land. Slinky Dog is very fun. I still would have liked more 'show scenes' around the track but it's fine. Just one more missed opportunity. "Needed"? No. But it would have been a very nice plussing.

The fact that only one restaurant is in the land, and features two walk up windows, and little seating, was a mistake.

The lack of a gift shop was a mistake (um, Shanghai has Al's ... it works just fine)

I wish they hadn't cut the Woody's Roundup section.

A splash pad or playground would have been a smart idea.

Even Jessie's Critter Carousel would have worked.

It's just lacking those little extra things that would have made it be a fully thought out land. That doesn't make what's there bad. I certainly do enjoy the land.

I like Alien more than some. I think the music is fun. Amazing? No, but it's fun. And I would use a FastPass on it. I'm not waiting over 30 minutes for it. It's not a must do. We needed another flat ride or two, honestly.

What's there is good, I just wish it were great. It feels a bit butchered and budgeted for what could have been. But it works and I don't think about any of that really when I'm there. But in the back of my head, it's just disappointing knowing they could have done a little better and didn't.

And the lack of shade!!! PLEASE fix this. And why on earth did they decide it was a good idea not to have a covered area for the characters to greet at? While some areas are nice and green, the main stretch is just too barren.

I also think they should have had Potato Head in the outdoor queue where the "cardboard" photo op is ...

It's a good land and a nice addition to the Studios. It just missed the mark on being amazing. JMO. Imagine the Woody's Roundup area from Shanghai (make it a splash area like from Grizzly Gulch in HK), with a second proper dining location, a proper Al's Toy Barn (hi, Shanghai), even the Critter Carousel (hi, Anaheim) ... it would make for a full and complete experience with some "extra" attractions. I'm not suggesting RC or Paracute Drop, but would they have really hurt to also have in the land? (I get sightlines, but maybe SW shouldn't go directly next to TSL ...) I like that it's not just three fair-type attractions, but I'm just thinking about how the park could really pad out it's offerings ...

But I enjoy what is there.

Next Big Thing

I’m always baffled by the giant outdoor extended queue for TSM that I don’t think has ever been fully used and then the TINY amount of seating for Woody’s Lunchbox. The proper land is there for these things it was just all so poorly utilized.
Yeah, that extended queue is prime real estate for expanded, covered seating. Hell, the queue already has a roof, just add a walkway down there and put some tables there. It could be a rather quick turnaround, tbh.

Ismael Flores

they should have taken advantage that DCA got rid of flicks fun fair and re used those flat rides to asd to the land. they use up little real estate and with some minor retheming and new shells for the vehicles it could have worked.

They could have even re-used all the oversize clover shades for theming.

dlr74

Jessie's Critter Carousel would have been a perfect and much-needed addition to this land. As well as an Al's Toy Barn and a proper quick service location with indoor seating.

JohnD

I agree with everyone I've read in the last few pages. It's a cute land. Slinky Dog is very fun. I still would have liked more 'show scenes' around the track but it's fine. Just one more missed opportunity. "Needed"? No. But it would have been a very nice plussing.

The fact that only one restaurant is in the land, and features two walk up windows, and little seating, was a mistake.

The lack of a gift shop was a mistake (um, Shanghai has Al's ... it works just fine)

I wish they hadn't cut the Woody's Roundup section.

A splash pad or playground would have been a smart idea.

Even Jessie's Critter Carousel would have worked.

It's just lacking those little extra things that would have made it be a fully thought out land. That doesn't make what's there bad. I certainly do enjoy the land.

I like Alien more than some. I think the music is fun. Amazing? No, but it's fun. And I would use a FastPass on it. I'm not waiting over 30 minutes for it. It's not a must do. We needed another flat ride or two, honestly.

What's there is good, I just wish it were great. It feels a bit butchered and budgeted for what could have been. But it works and I don't think about any of that really when I'm there. But in the back of my head, it's just disappointing knowing they could have done a little better and didn't.

And the lack of shade!!! PLEASE fix this. And why on earth did they decide it was a good idea not to have a covered area for the characters to greet at? While some areas are nice and green, the main stretch is just too barren.

I also think they should have had Potato Head in the outdoor queue where the "cardboard" photo op is ...

It's a good land and a nice addition to the Studios. It just missed the mark on being amazing. JMO. Imagine the Woody's Roundup area from Shanghai (make it a splash area like from Grizzly Gulch in HK), with a second proper dining location, a proper Al's Toy Barn (hi, Shanghai), even the Critter Carousel (hi, Anaheim) ... it would make for a full and complete experience with some "extra" attractions. I'm not suggesting RC or Paracute Drop, but would they have really hurt to also have in the land? (I get sightlines, but maybe SW shouldn't go directly next to TSL ...) I like that it's not just three fair-type attractions, but I'm just thinking about how the park could really pad out it's offerings ...

But I enjoy what is there.

Agree with you on most. I just visited the SDL site. Woody's Roundup is the same type of ride as AlienSS so they wouldn't have put two of the same type of ride in the land. Adding a gift shop in the form of Al's Toy Barn would have been great.

Kman101

Yes definitely shade!!!! I thought this was being looked at and addressed? Anyone hear anything to that effect? Marie

They added umbrellas :joyfull:. I feel like they think the job is done. But it isn't. LOL

I have no doubts they've received mixed feedback for this land in terms of shade, lack of gift shop (personally I've noticed most bypass and breeze by the two carts offering merchandise), and one two window quick service ...

wannabeBelle

I would love to see more shaded areas, an enclosed quick service location and perhaps a water play area/playground. I think that would round out the land nicely. I love the Slinky Dog coaster, the Alien Swirling Saucers is OK as well, but I was disappointed in my one foray to the quick service location. Some of it could have just been a bad day mostly having to do with the food quality, but lack of seating and especially in a shaded area, could and should be remedied and quickly!! An indoor location would have been a much better option, IMO. Marie

tomast

From Attractions 360°

Edit:
I know the pics are old, but I have never seen them and compare to what we got on DHS, its nice to see how well it could fit.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I know there's currently no phase 2 planned, but I'm hoping they do something in the future along the lines of little touches - a playground/splash pad, add Al's Toy Barn, and maybe one more B/C ride...

And I would use a FastPass on it. I'm not waiting over 30 minutes for it. It's not a must do. We needed another flat ride or two, honestly

I won't waste a Tier 1 FP on it - once it drops to tier 2, it's likely that I'd consider using one of those for this.

tomast

I know there's currently no phase 2 planned, but I'm hoping they do something in the future along the lines of little touches - a playground/splash pad, add Al's Toy Barn, and maybe one more B/C ride...

I won't waste a Tier 1 FP on it - once it drops to tier 2, it's likely that I'd consider using one of those for this.

phase 2 could just absorved on a permant way the ex-pixar place. And maybe a Woody's Roundup area as shangai, or a Potatoe Head playground area. Idk there are plenty of things to do to make a full experience on what currently its a half-land

AdventureMP4z

I saw "Toy Story Land Expansion Announced" and I got excited. :( Although I would love to see an expansion, maybe with Critter Carousel, a Splash Pad, Al's toy barn, Toy Solider Parachute drop, etc.

kthomas105

I saw "Toy Story Land Expansion Announced" and I got excited. :( Although I would love to see an expansion, maybe with Critter Carousel, a Splash Pad, Al's toy barn, Toy Solider Parachute drop, etc.
Ah yes I have had to catch myself as well when the title of this thread pops up, it is a bit missleading considering the land has been opened up for some time now but alas a further expansion or Toy Story Land is probably not close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom