Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

iMax

What's the schedule for TSL today? Are there more media events or might we see a soft opening? I see TSM currently has a 70 min queue...

Possible soft open in the afternoon.

Also, should we place bets on how long wait times are going to be tomorrow? And where the line will start for these attractions? And if a 101 (lightning in area) occurs how many people will not move from their spot and get struck by lightning?

Stevek

Optimistically a theoretical 1,300 an hour for SDD and 600 an hour for A*S*S. On the bright side, at least demand for the attractions will likely be relatively low.

You think demand for two family attractions will be low? I think Slinky Dog will be very popular...Aliens a bit less (if anything like the demand for Mater at DCA)

Indy_UK

They're a tech info company. They don't have the discriminating taste of a theme park connoisseur to hate everything.

IMG_0101.JPG

Missing20K

They're a tech info company. They don't have the discriminating taste of a theme park connoisseur to hate everything.

I understand. All the more strange why they would care to put out a video glorifying a new theme park land. The only tie to "tech info" I can see is the tech behind TSM. My remark was more about how just gosh darn chipper the woman taking us on the tour was. She was like CM quality gushing.

Though I still try to always reserve judgement til walking through the space in person, I greatly appreciate you posting these videos to see some of the details so thanks!

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I can tell you right now that I am absolutely giddy about the fact that I didn't drive all the way down to Florida to attend the lamest opening ever.

I think it was for invited guests only. I would have gone if it had been open to the public. But the land is still closed right now anyway. Imagine a huge crowd of guests standing there, Tim Allen opens the land, and then ... "Ok, back up everybody. Toy Story Land is still closed for the rest of the day". 😜

RSoxNo1

And I do like the Astro Blasters blaster in the queue for A*S*S, though a Space Ranger Spin blaster might've been a better choice. The decision to even include a space-looking ride in TSL on top of that has me confused. I there aren't plans to remove SRS simply because idiots who conflate brand and theme can't understand how a Toy Story ride outside of Toy Story Land could ever possibly make sense.
Keep in mind that until tomorrow, Disney's Hollywood Studios will have a land called Pixar Place and the least amount of Pixar inspired attractions than any Disney park in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom