Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

trainplane3

OK! Maybe I'm not a grade 1 wuss then....

I love 7dmt and BTMRR. It isn't the speed that's the issue, nor even the height as such. It's the perception that I can fall out. So when something's built into the mountain, it's fine. If I were to fall, it would be onto "solid" ground (yes, I know it's not really). But Barnstormer and Slinky are on a track off the ground, so I could fall out!!!!

The gondola will be fine, there's sides to it.
Ah I see where you're coming from now. Large Ferris wheels, tall swings (Wave Swinger and that new Orlando swing as examples) and older gondolas (Cedar Point) do kinda freak me out but coasters have no effect on me. So I'm kinda the same but with different rides.

If you staple yourself down (buckle tight and lap bar down tight), you won't even experience any airtime. So maybe that'll help?

Pedro Soto

I switched off when they called it 11 acres.
Good thing you brought up the 11 acres, i double checked the acres and its more like 8-9 including TSMM Pixar place & the front DVC building. So can they be including the 2 buildings north of TSL for future expansion as part of the 11 acres ???? Which included is 11 acres

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good thing you brought up the 11 acres, i double checked the acres and its more like 8-9 including TSMM Pixar place & the front DVC building. So can they be including the 2 buildings north of TSL for future expansion as part of the 11 acres ???? Which included is 11 acres

Umm... you're not measuring correctly.

1529130140244.png

Yes, the 11 acres is the totality of TSL which includes TSM -- very much purposely so. TSL was built where it was so that TSM would be one of its attractions. And all of the attractions of a land count toward its footprint.

People were assuming, incorrectly, that there would be 11 acres of new land rather than the totality when done.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

View attachment 290436

Yes, the 11 acres is the totality of TSL which includes TSM -- very much purposely so. TSL was built where it was so that TSM would be one of its attractions. And all of the attractions of a land count toward its footprint.

People were assuming, incorrectly, that there would be 11 acres of new land rather than the totality when done.
And therin is the issue.

JohnD

While the roof is absolutely necessary to keep things running in the rain, I’m interested to see if ride noise is compounded by the roof. Based on the times I’ve ridden the DCA Mater version, ride noise was not insignificant, but skillfully covered by music. Hopefully they’ve managed to keep the overall dB level tolerable.

I still can’t picture what this ride is supposed to be. A variation of tea cups? Bumper cars? Something else?

Pedro Soto

View attachment 290436

Ok thanks I see where I messed up I didn’t include the access road to the south which goes into SWGE or behind slinky just the mean foot print of the land. Thanks again do you think it’s possible for future expansion 😁👍🏼???

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok thanks I see where I messed up I didn’t include the access road to the south which goes into SWGE or behind slinky just the mean foot print of the land. Thanks again do you think it’s possible for future expansion 😁👍🏼???

Everything to the north (parking garage, staging buildings, Walt Disney Presents, Little Mermaid) could theoretically be expansion, but it would seem unlikely, at least for the next five years, for WDW to do so. I mean, if they haven't greenlit an expansion for Pandora yet, or left the expansion pad for SWL clear for an expansion there, or even pulled the trigger yet on other attractions for DHS that so sorely needs it... don't expect a TSL expansion for a long while.

Last edited:

Pedro Soto

Everything to the north (parking garage, staging buildings, Walt Disney Presents, Little Mermaid) could theoretically be expansion, but it would seem unlikely, at least for the next five years, for WDW to do so. I mean, if they haven't greenlit an expansion for Pandora yet, or left the expansion pad for SWL clear for an expansion there, or even pulled the trigger yet on other attractions for DHS that so sorely needs it... don't expect as TSL expansion for a long while.
thanks hoping for more attractions/lands for DHS within the next 5yrs after SWGE opens cause its going to be chaotic

monykalyn

I just searched "slinky dog" on twitter last night and there was like 10 impressions all were pretty positive, someone said its better than seven dwarfs, another said the ride was around 3 minutes. Take that as you will.
Just a word on CM previews. Remember that most CMS are just thrilled to be in to a new land as one of the first to ride. Disney offer it as a perk, so don't expect to see much of a real-world review out of them. :)
I don’t want to get into details on the ride, but every cm I’ve talked to has given Slinky very positive reviews. The only negative comments have been on the costumes for the land being underwhelming.
My daughter did it hursday, was scheduled again for today (not sure if she got to because of rain.). She liked it fine, said it was slower but longer than Mine train. Not crazy about some of the theming around the ride. Said it will likely be very hot as no shade planned in most areas of land.

Better hope they get the parking lot stuff figured out before opening. Her tales of leaving at end of night give me nightmares.
Gotta wonder about guest attendance his month with CMs getting 2 extra comp tickets (though only good thru June 29) and apparently there's a lottery she signed up for before official opening where she can bring 2 guests to see TSL (no separate theme park admission required).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was able to ride it earlier and I’ll say the launches are faster than I was expecting. The launches are definitely faster than Mine Train but the rest of the ride minus the first drop is slower than SDMT. Overall I would rate it a solid 9/10 very fun ride especially in the back.
With a 10 being your absolute top ride rating?

Jones14

Overall, I thought it was a great coaster. The theming on the ride is lackluster, but what was there was fine. Most people on here will probably give it a 7 out of 10 but I was very surprised on how much I enjoyed the coaster.
Would you say that the theming is lackluster due to being incomplete, or that you were unimpressed by the things that were already in place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom