Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bear10176

These panels look interesting. I wonder what they could be used for.. The top one looks like Jessie.
InkedToy-Story-Land_Full_32422zoom_LI.jpg

trainplane3

I know we're on page 525 of the thread, so all apologies if already mentioned, but...where does THIS go/what is it for (see red arrow)? Seems like it's out in the open for being any kind of backstage access? (If there's already a mention of this, just direct me to the right page/link)

View attachment 272531
I think someone on here mentioned a while ago it was for access to get under A.S.S. since the ride system sits in/under the ground.

lazyboy97o

I know we're on page 525 of the thread, so all apologies if already mentioned, but...where does THIS go/what is it for (see red arrow)? Seems like it's out in the open for being any kind of backstage access? (If there's already a mention of this, just direct me to the right page/link)

View attachment 272531
Probably goes to the flat ride basement where all of the machinery is located.

DinoInstitute

View attachment 272531
Probably goes to the flat ride basement where all of the machinery is located.
Indeed, you can get a better look at bottom floor of Aliens area from older pictures.
5t7QNgY.jpg

(Speaking of which, man! It feels like just yesterday when we all thought this would never open! ;) )

There's another entrance off to the side too, under the orange:
Toy-Story-Land_Full_32418.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
(Speaking of which, man! It feels like just yesterday when we all thought this would never open! ;) )

No, no, no. It's *Star Wars Land* in DHS that's never going to get built, and if they do, they're going to build it really slow for accounting reasons and/or they're just incompetent builders, and thus, they will not get it built until 2021!!

Castle Cake Apologist

No, no, no. It's *Star Wars Land* in DHS that's never going to get built, and if they do, they're going to build it really slow for accounting reasons and/or they're just incompetent builders, and thus, they will not get it built until 2021!!

It's likely that the entire company will actually go out of business soon, obviously saving them the trouble of building it at all. Stock buybacks and whatnot.

Casper Gutman

I do consider Storybook Circus a kiddie land, and this is nothing like that. But to each their own...
I mean... the two expansions are really, really similar. Both have a double-sided flat-ride and an external, tame, lightly-themed coaster. Both are themed to incorporate a pre-existing attaction - the train or TSMM. The Circus has a merchandise location TSL lacks while TSL has a quick service window. I actually prefer the theming in Storybook (no gigantic statues of characters having meet and greets nearby, a bit of historical relevance with the train connection), but that's subjective and neither's great. On the basics, the comparison is pretty spot on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom